Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeBee25

Cyst Reappeared.. Help!

Hey, I'm new to this forum so I'm just looking for some advice/support as I'm feeling really down :( I had a cyst last week which came to a head, so I drained it using a sterilized needle, disinfected it afterwards and let it heal by itself using aloe vera gel and sudocrem antiseptic cream. The scab was pretty much ready to fall off today... but once I got out the shower, a little of it peeled off and I noticed the cyst was still there underneath! Its now bright red, inflamed and looks awful :( I don't know what to do.. I never have cysts fill back up after I've drained them

I drained it again, cleaned it with alcohol and now I've left it alone. But is there anything else I can do to speed up the healing and prevent it coming back again? Would apple cider vinegar work on an already drained cyst? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey! I am new to this site as well, and I just thought I would share some advice with you because I feel the same way when I get a pimple! tongue.png

The one thing that I do, is after I was my face I but on a Benzoyl Peroxide cream just on the pimple. I usually drain it too ( not the best idea, but I sterilze as well! ) and then I dab on a little Benzoyl Peroxide and this always clears it up for me. However I have never had a cyst, but this works for whiteheads for sure. My cousin has had cysts before and I reccomended it to her - and it worked! So hopefully it works for you! :)

i had something like that happen with a cyst recently. it hung around for like 3 weeks so i put some mandelic acid on it and then when i washed my face it popped on its own so i got everything out of it and then 2 days later it had to be drained again and then the next day again. its finally completely flat now but it was odd that it would kind of puff back up for a bit. i guess there was just so much stuff in there that it took a while to get it all out. i think your cyst should heal just fine now but what i do is i wash the area really well and then i put my benzaclin on it. for a few days i didnt put anything else on it because i was afraid it would come back but now i am just using my olay deep hydration cream and the red mark is a lot smaller now. whatever you do just try to keep the area very clean and dont touch it.

Edited by KHowz

I had to drain it again since my first post :( it filled back up again and I got a lot more out of it.. this really is the worst! thanks for your advice, I'm a bit worried about applying bp to an open cyst as its caused me severe irritation in the past and I don't want to make it worse! I just want it to scab over and flatten out so I can treat it like a normal scab

If it's caused irritation before then it's a good idea not to put BP on it - however, i have never personally tried it but I have heard that Tea Tree Oil is really good as well. Just make sure that it is 100% natural. Iv'e also heard of people putting Polysporin on an open pimple because it helps kill bacteria and heals it faster... however I don't think I would put that on my face just because it seems pretty oily!

I hope it heals soon - I know how you feel!

Yeah I've dabbed some tea tree oil on it and a little salicylic acid and I'm just gonna leave it now hoping it will scab over and not refill again.. its kinda just a patch of red inflamed messed up skin now :( we don't have neosporin in the UK but we have other antibiotic creams, one I used is 'Sudocrem' which contains zinc oxide and that usually heals things well and doesn't make me break out more!

Okay well I hope the tea tree oil helps! Just try not to touch at it much (which can be hard) and it should heal over soon! Just try to do something that will keep your mind of it and then you won't feel as tempted to poke at it :D

Have you ever tried mixing water with a little bit of baking soda and putting it on a cyst?

My cousin has done that and it helps to draw it out.

She also sometimes takes a cotton ball soaked in warm salt water and holds it on the cyst.

:)

Yeah I'm just trying to avoid mirrors at the minute haha and trying to keep my hands occupied! I have a lot of university work to do so that is keeping me busy :)

No I've never tried that, I don't have any baking soda! I think the cyst is emptied now though (fingers crossed!) so I'm just leaving it alone to do its thing, hopefully the scab will form overnight and it can begin to heal properly!

*Sigh* I'd do anything to have clear skin! I swear I spend my life with about 3 or 4 different creams/treatments on my face haha

That's definetly a good way to keep busy! I am sure it will heal up!

I know how you feel I was the same way for sure - so many different creams!

For the last few years I've used Carley's Clear and Smooth and I've had clear skin ever since (other than occasional pimples!)

The only thing is it's only available in Florida, US and I live in Alberta, Canada so I have to get it shipped here!

And living in the UK, that is quite far away but if you ever get an opportunity or want to try something new it really is worth it I love their products!

But honestly, as hard as it is, cause I am the same way (I get upset over a pimple) it's just a pimple right and we've gotta try hard not to let it bug us because we don't want to miss out on anything or let it stop us from having a good time because we will regret it!!

And you look great in your picture so don't let it make you upset! :D

Hopefully! I guess I'm just taking it badly as I don't usually suffer with cysts anymore (my birth control pill stopped almost all of them 2 years ago) but I think this one was caused by my hormones going crazy. I'll check out those products you recommended, thank you! :) I'm actually moving to Vancouver in July for 6 months with my boyfriend on a workers visa :D I'm SO excited!

And thank you so much, you have really cheered me up! and you look greattt on your picture too :)

It is hard, but you can do it! My birth control has really helped too - I used to be on Yaz but switched to Ortho tri cyclin (which is made to help with moderate acne) and it sure has helped! I don't have any side affects from it either! That is awesome - vancouver is great I used to live only 4 hours from there but then I just recently moved here with my boyfriend too!

Glad to know I helped!! :)

How is the tea tree oil woriking?!

Yeah I tried Yaz but it really didn't agree with me (constant headaches, leg pains etc) so I've been on Dianette the past 2 years and its kept most of my acne under control, I have to switch to Marvelon soon though as my doctor told me it's bad to be on Dianette longer than 2 years! so I'm kinda worried I'll break out then :/

Its working pretty well, its sealed up the wound and its not as red anymore :) I dabbed a little aloe vera gel on top to speed up the healing!

When I switched birth controls I was worried about that too but I didn't break out at all - it actually even started helping my skin right away! I was shocked haha

Oh good idea witth the aloe vera gel I am sure it will be healed in no time!

Just a little update (to help me aswell as anyone else in this position!) -

I went to sleep last night with just the aloe vera gel and the thick antiseptic cream on top, I didn't wear a band aid or anything.

Today I woke up and I have a thin, white scab! I'm quite happy as I was expecting a thicker scab (I usually get those from popping a cyst) and they take forever to go away, so hopefully if I avoid messing with it and carry on healing it this way it should be gone soon :) kinda scared to try covering it with make up yet though!