Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaching

Help With Acne On Temples (Picture)

Hi!

I've had problems with acne since I was 15 years old (am currently 22) but during the last year or so it's been getting alot better. In august last year I moved from Sweden to the United States to study at a college in California. During all of last fall I had very little trouble except from the occasional breakout around my cheekbone and around my mouth (thinking that mostly had to do with shaving). I went back home to Sweden during christmas and stayed home for more than a month and had basica"lly no breakouts at all.

However, as I moved back to the United States in february I started breaking out severly around my temples, not just normal pimples but huge red spots that would be as big as 0.5 - 1mm in diameter (see picture). They're generally really sore and stays for about 3-4 days, after awhile they tend to pop and there's ALOT of yellowish fluid coming out of them. I'm really mind boggeled since the rest of my face now looks really good and I havn't really changed anything during the last year or so. My food habits and exercise is exactly the same as it was during the fall.

Anyone has any idea what could cause it? One idea I have is that I had a haircut the day before I flew back here, I used to have pretty long hair and cut it really short, anything to do with that? My forehead does feel oiler than usual but I don't break out there at all, and if I do it's just the normal small pimple instead of the huge ones I get on my temples. Oh and it's a way bigger problem on my right temple compared to the left one, I've only had one break out on the left side while I get them like once a week on the right side. The problem too is that they come so regularly and are so big that the skin never actually heals, so my whole right temple rooks really redish with scars along with the current "pimple".

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to cover everything! Any help is appreciated and I'll try upload a better picture tomorrow when it's not dark outside.

post-176283-0-10591400-1336544014_thumb.

post-176283-0-10591400-1336544014_thumb.

It looks burnt almost, what are u wahsing ur face with?

try manuka honeyon it, it might get rid of the redness and calm it down abit.

I don't wash my face at all except for a shower every night about 2 hours before I go to bed. I added a new picture with what it looks like today, most of it is scaring except for that huge part at the top.

post-176283-0-71542100-1336613664_thumb.

post-176283-0-71542100-1336613664_thumb.

Do you touch that area a lot? I know I often catch myself propping my head up during class by resting my fingers on my temples

Do you use any hair products?

Is that the side you sleep on at night?

Do you touch that area a lot? I know I often catch myself propping my head up during class by resting my fingers on my temples

Do you use any hair products?

Is that the side you sleep on at night?

Hi! Thank you for your answer, I make sure that I do not touch my face at all during the day so I know that's not the problem. I also do not use any kind of hair products and when I wash my hair I generally don't apply any shampoo to the sides but rather just rinse it with water. When it comes to sleeping I sleep mostly on the other side of my face and the problems there are far from as extreme. I also try to change my pillow cases every week or so.

I am really baffled to what could cause this since I've never had these kind of problems before and the fact that the rest of my face has cleared up really nicely.

You'll need to wash your face with something, just for regular maintenance of the skin. You don't have to use several products but just a regular washing can get rid of the dead skin cells, oil, bacteria that probably got built up on your face. All of those things can cause irritation and breakouts if left alone to accumulate.