Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christy225

Will The Regimine Products Work For Hormonal Acne?

Hi!

I'm new to the site and really want to try the regimen! I'm a 35 yr old female and here are my concerns:

acne

hormonal acne along the jawline and neck-I had it really bad recently! Like 6 in a cluster, but now they're just scars. :(

mild rosecea on the cheeks

Do you guys think the regimen would work for me? I'm wondering if the Benzoyl Peroxide would be too harsh for those of us with rosecea prone skin?

I've been using the clarisonic but after watching Dan's "be gentle" videos I washed my face gently and patted dry and it looked much better, so I'm pretty excited to try his advice and regimen.

Guest acnetreatmentcz
Posted · Hidden by AKL, May 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by AKL, May 12, 2012 - No reason given

Hormone pimples is an exciting expression, because so often pimples is at least partially due to hormonal variations, which indicates that, in a very actual feeling, pimples can very often be classified as "hormonal pimples." Acne can width at any time, but individuals are particularly subject to it during certain stages of lifestyle, such as, and perhaps such as, during puberty

laser acne treatments

Right now it's working for mine.

Don't know about bp and rosacea, but I do know the clarisonic will exacerbate that to no end.

Edited by LoveGreenSmoothies

I've HEARD that no topical treatment will work for hormonal acne, but I don't know if that's true or not. I didn't hear it from an expert, just someone on the Makeup Alley skin board. I'd assume that even though the regimen won't eliminate the root cause of your hormonal acne, it will prevent flare-ups (as it seems to be doing for LoveGreenSmoothies). Have you tried BC pills or that other prescription thing... spiro- something, I think it's called?

Edited by l'espoir

The Regimen is one of those things that you have to just try and see how you get on with it.

I'd proceed with extra caution due to the rosacea. I have the most sensitive skin in the world. I cannot use 99% of moisturisers on my face these days, let alone BP.

I would start very slowly and work your way up.

The Regimen can work just fine with hormonal acne, but it won't work for everyone.

I've HEARD that no topical treatment will work for hormonal acne, but I don't know if that's true or not. I didn't hear it from an expert, just someone on the Makeup Alley skin board. I'd assume that even though the regimen won't eliminate the root cause of your hormonal acne, it will prevent flare-ups (as it seems to be doing for LoveGreenSmoothies). Have you tried BC pills or that other prescription thing... spiro- something, I think it's called?

It's not true that no topical treatment will work for hormonal acne. ALL acne is hormonal unless it's caused by facial products like makeup and cleansers etc. It's working for me. I was on an antiandrogen, stopped, started bp, and I'm clear. The antiandrogen worked but I didn't like the side effects. The hard part id finding the right topical treatment for you and your skin. Bp works for me. Retinoids give me cystic acne. Other people are vice-versa.

Rosacea complicates matters.

I have mild Rosacea and the regimen has worked for me. Now that my skin is clear though all the broken capilaries are really noticeable on my cheeks, but I feel that its better to have that compared to having broken capilaries AND acne :)

I have been using the regimen for 28ish weeks now, and it has done wonders for hormonal acne. I still get occasional jawline spots here and there. But seriously, no huge, painful breakouts along my jawline like I had in the past.

Hi!

I've been taking the pill since 2002 untill last year august, so about 9 years. I had no acne, sometimes around my period but nothing to worry about. Last year my bf and I decided that I would stop taking the pill because we are thinking about kids. 6 months after I stopped I started breaking out, first with few pimples around my mouth area and chin. It was getting worse every week till I got clusters of 4-6 on my chin area. The rest of my face is clear, only my chin area was breaking out. I was really frustrated and ashamed to show my face at work, my family and friends. I was always hiding my chin as much as possible for other people to see. Even my bf and family where asking me what was wrong. I guess this is hormonal because it started after I stopped with my pill. I'm sure if I start taking it again, I have no acne but that's not possible at this moment.

So I googled and found this website, I saw a video on youtube about a girl suffering from severe acne and after one year she was completely clear. This encouraged me so I ordered dan's products. I started on 17th of may this year and now 2 month's later I'm clear. My face looks good. At this moment I have 1 small pimple, that's all tongue.png

I'm very happy that I decided to buy this. Next step is to remove my acne scars. I ordered a microdermabrasion machine for this and within a couple of weeks I will receive it at home.

I have had cystic acne on my face since my freshman year of college. The severity fluctuates with my monthly cycles. Unable to go on BC. Aside from oral antibotics (that only kind of worked), nothing over the counter helped my acne. I tried everything. EVERYTHING. I spent money on every over the counter acne treatment. I tried natural stuff to the stuff that makes you feel like your face is going to melt off. Nothing worked.

I have been on this site before. One night, after a pity party and crying spell. I decided to try Dan's tips. I followed his guide to treating acne by buying the recommended products at the drug store.

I started to see results. After a couple weeks, I decided to order the products from the man himself.

I followed the regime to the letter. I even printed out the directions and taped it to my mirror. I wanted to give it every opportunity to work. The first couple weeks were difficult. I have sensitive skin, and I flaked pretty badly. If I tried to wear make up for long periods of time I wanted to scratch my face off. I persevered, and thank God I did!

Four months after starting the regime my face is completely clear. That is right. COMPLETELY clear. Most of my acne cleared up the first month or so with my cysts on my chin taking the longest to leave. Now all I am left with are scars, which hopefully will fade with time. I do get an occasional cyst, but it clears up quickly.

I hope this helps!

Hi!

I'm new to the site and really want to try the regimen! I'm a 35 yr old female and here are my concerns:

acne

hormonal acne along the jawline and neck-I had it really bad recently! Like 6 in a cluster, but now they're just scars. sad.png

mild rosecea on the cheeks

Do you guys think the regimen would work for me? I'm wondering if the Benzoyl Peroxide would be too harsh for those of us with rosecea prone skin?

I've been using the clarisonic but after watching Dan's "be gentle" videos I washed my face gently and patted dry and it looked much better, so I'm pretty excited to try his advice and regimen.

I also have had combined acne and rosacea. For over thirteen years. I was finally able to clear my acne with spironolactone (hormonal treatment). Topical products NEVER worked for me. I for one do not believe that any topical will stop your body from producing acne. Acne starts forming in a layer of skin that benzoyl peroxide can't reach.

I'm still working on the rosacea. It has subsided some now that my acne is gone. It is hard to be gentle for the rosacea when you are trying to attack acne with harsh topicals like benzoyl peroxide and AHA. These things are big no-nos for rosacea skin. Acne + rosacea is just a really difficult combination. Now I only cleanse and moisturize once a day. Simpler is better.

Of course, go ahead and try the regimen, if it works for you, great. If you're like me and find yourself back on here looking for a cure, please look into hormonal treatment for the acne.