Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WildGo0se

Can Acne Form The Same Day You Eat An Offending Food?

I'm trying to figure out why I broke out with more acne today. My face had been looking better for a few days (virtually no breakouts on cheeks, chin, jawline, and hairline; a few new ones on forehead though). Then today I got two new pimples on my cheek, one on my forehead, and another on my jawline. I also broke out in several tiny pinkish pimples (what are these called?) on my chest. I normally have very little to no acne on my body.

Here's what I've been doing. I've been trying to eat better (mostly focusing on eating very little sugar), but the last few days I've had pizza, chocolate, strawberries and whipped cream, etc. I didn't really notice any difference in my acne at the time, so I figured I was okay. I've been applying Apple Cider Vinegar to my face every night so I thought that was protecting me.

I've also been taking these supplements: Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU every couple days), fish oil, B-100 Complex, Metamucil psyllium husk pills, Rainbow Light Women's One multivitamin. This is my third day of taking Saw Palmetto supplements (320 mg daily). Anyone have experience with this herb?

Today was my first day of drinking Roobois tea. I'm going to be drinking two generous cups a day and see how it goes.

Oh! Also, I suspected that I might be allergic to almonds, so I haven't been eating them or drinking almond milk for quite a few days. I used the almond milk as a substitute to cow's milk when I went dairy-free for a month but saw no change in my acne. Anyway, I had cereal with the almond milk today. So maybe that's a factor?

If I had the almond milk/tea today, could it cause a breakout today? Does Saw Palmetto cause an initial breakout?

I know this is a long post, so thanks for reading it. Any help or suggestions are welcome. I'm desperate for a solution.

That's very interesting! I've been eating a ton of tortilla chips yesterday and today. Lots of corn and lots of salt. Thanks for the tip!