Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwitz

Bad Breakout On Cheek(S) Really Fed Up

I've been doing well recently, but for some reason I've broken out. My left cheek is the most affected. The spots heal, but I'm left with these flat red marks that never go away and just turn into spots again after a few weeks.

The only thing I've been doing more of recently is lifting weights. Can't a guy lift some weights without it affecting his skin? It's like you have to sacrifice everything that you enjoy to get rid of acne...cutting out so many different food types and stuff.

Seriously considering accutane now, I am so fed up.

post-157821-0-07244000-1336480397_thumb.

post-157821-0-07244000-1336480397_thumb.

Edited by jwitz

I've been doing well recently, but for some reason I've broken out. My left cheek is the most affected. The spots heal, but I'm left with these flat red marks that never go away and just turn into spots again after a few weeks.

The only thing I've been doing more of recently is lifting weights. Can't a guy lift some weights without it affecting his skin? It's like you have to sacrifice everything that you enjoy to get rid of acne...cutting out so many different food types and stuff.

You are so right darlin. It IS like acne can be this all encompassing monster, you try an do everything "right" eat only healthy stuff, drink loads of plain water, take scrupulous care of your skin while your friends can seeminly rub goose fat on their faces and eat pure lard an sweets out the ying yang..Cut out stuff I love like chocolate an alcohol. And even if I allow a rare cheat like on me birthday, its barely worth it for the constant worry, did I just sabotage myself? yeah yea theres a lot of self-righteous vegans an nutritional gagas out there(nothing agains vegans or healthy eaters, only against self righteous people) who say you shouldnt eat this stuff anyway.

Well duh , OK? Its not fair that some peole can get away without their diet showin up on their faces. Im only human. Someone once said,"you can live to 100, IF you give up all the things which make living to 100 worthwhile"

Sigh.

Acne is shite.

Hey man, I had similiar problem when i had acne. I went hardcore bodybuilding, protein shakes, creatine, diet, everything. I also devoloped more and more sever acne during that time, excpecially on back and chest, i din't stop though because I wanted to get big. I was 16 when i started though so i was probably more prone. And yes you have to cut out alot of things to get rid of acne, sucks whatever. If i were you i would stop lifting for a while and see if it gets better. I would defieneatly have stopped if I could go back in time, don't think i would have needed accutane and wouldnt be dealing with these ghey red marks. So stupid that everything you do can have negative effects on skin. How old are you?

Facial aesthetics owns body aesthetics, imo. Ill probably go back to weights later when im older. GL bro

Hey man, I had similiar problem when i had acne. I went hardcore bodybuilding, protein shakes, creatine, diet, everything. I also devoloped more and more sever acne during that time, excpecially on back and chest, i din't stop though because I wanted to get big. I was 16 when i started though so i was probably more prone. And yes you have to cut out alot of things to get rid of acne, sucks whatever. If i were you i would stop lifting for a while and see if it gets better. I would defieneatly have stopped if I could go back in time, don't think i would have needed accutane and wouldnt be dealing with these ghey red marks. So stupid that everything you do can have negative effects on skin. How old are you?

Facial aesthetics owns body aesthetics, imo. Ill probably go back to weights later when im older. GL bro

Hey,

I don't take any whey or creatine. I can't afford it anyway. The weird thing is, I've never had acne on my back or chest, ever. It's always been face. I couldn't tell from your post, but were you on accutane? Did it work for you?

I'm 22 by the way.

Hey,

I don't take any whey or creatine. I can't afford it anyway. The weird thing is, I've never had acne on my back or chest, ever. It's always been face. I couldn't tell from your post, but were you on accutane? Did it work for you?

I'm 22 by the way.

I think it was a combination of the whey protein and hormone imbalance from lifting, escpecially since I was 16. I know people also who got more acne when they started lifting, don't know if has been proven but it's the same as diet for people, for someone it is a factor.

Ye i was on accutane, it cleared me up good, body acne cleared up fast, face came abit later. The annoying thing is the initial breakout which made it a hell of alot worse and still one year after have red marks from it. When looking at your pic, i wouldn't go on accutane at this point, I would try to heal it naturally. I mean you are 22, and your hormones n shit should have calmed down, so maybe try some diet changes. Also from personal experience, i wouldn't put so much shit on your face, don't know your rutine, but my acne always worsened when i put products on it back in the day when i had mild acne. I'm still clear one year post accutane, and only things i do is wash with water only and put on moisturizer after.

Accutane is good, very good. The normal side effects isn't bad as people say, only thing i hated about it was the breakout i got when i was on it. Dry skin, dry lips is all minor sacrifices compared to results.

Hey,

I'm 22 by the way.

I think it was a combination of the whey protein and hormone imbalance from lifting, escpecially since I was 16. I know people also who got more acne when they started lifting, don't know if has been proven but it's the same as diet for people, for someone it is a factor.

Ye i was on accutane, it cleared me up good, body acne cleared up fast, face came abit later. The annoying thing is the initial breakout which made it a hell of alot worse and still one year after have red marks from it. When looking at your pic, i wouldn't go on accutane at this point, I would try to heal it naturally. I mean you are 22, and your hormones n shit should have calmed down, so maybe try some diet changes. Also from personal experience, i wouldn't put so much shit on your face, don't know your rutine, but my acne always worsened when i put products on it back in the day when i had mild acne. I'm still clear one year post accutane, and only things i do is wash with water only and put on moisturizer after.

Accutane is good, very good. The normal side effects isn't bad as people say, only thing i hated about it was the breakout i got when i was on it. Dry skin, dry lips is all minor sacrifices compared to results.

What's a good moisturiser that you could recommend? I'm currently using Garnier Pure Sebum Control, and I don't know if it's helping or not.

Currently I use avene rich compensating cream, it's for dry skin. Had some post accutane dryness before, so this worked good. Only tried like 3 moisturisers and this was the best for me, but again it's different for anyone. If you don't have dry skin I wouldn't use a moisturiser, or maybe try it for some time and see wtf happens. If you are going to try, just look for "non-comedonic" or "oilfree", little irritant, for sensitive skin. Don't really think moisturiser is a factor for acne if you don't have dry skin, because if you do have dry skin your skin will produce more oil and it can give you more acne.

btw forgot to mention, if you haven't tried it by now, go get some zinc and fish oil supplements. I've used ever since I cam off accutane, don't know if it has helped me staying clear, it's good for the skin regardless.

I am an amateur dancer and exercise about 3 hours a day. I think the stress on your body makes it less capable of handling the internal problem (whatever it is) that is causing your acne. My body wants to heal my leg muscles before the acne on my face. Things that have helped me:

10,000 IU Vitamin D-3 (softgel form)

400 IU Vitamin E (NATURAL softgel form, body absorbs it better than synthetic)

No dairy foods

A lot of evidence correlates skin health and adequate levels of D-3 and E. The E also helps my muscle cramps.

Edited by Green Gables