Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WilliamRickard

3 And 1/2 Months Into Anti-Biotics Tetralysal (With Photos) And Going On Tv With Acne

I will start by introducing my self, my name is will, im 14 and live in the UK. I have severe acne....its shit, but stick in there.

So it has been exactly 3 months and 14 days since i started these pills, i think it is anyway, i may have it mixed up, o well.

What can i say, its been a miracle these pills, awesome; no inflammation, less redness, no more spots....just a lot of hyper-pigmentation.

The hyper-pigmentation is normal really, i could say i left it just a little to soon to start anti-biotics again, start them ASAP. The faster you start; the less hp(hyper-pigmentation) you will have, believe me you dont want that.

In the first month i used benzoyl peroxide allot, just do counteract the initial breakout, that final squeeze, well thats what the doctors say, but it is persistant for 3 months, you just have to hold in there.

After the first month or so, i began to see change... I decided there is no point in BP anymore, i stopped using it, let the anti-biotics work, take the pressure off my skin (if you have ever used BP, you must know how drying it is). It felt good not having to sleep in creams or wake up early just to wash my skin with several products.

Well this worked, my dry skin lessened, my skin looked less dry and my eyebrows stopped changing colour lol!!

About 6 weeks in and they changed, i remember looking at my mum and she said "wow, they have changed structure again". I was pleased.. The future was hopeful.

I have pictured my self every few weeks for progress; the pictures are a bit lets face it shit, bad quality, o well. At the start you may be able to see the inflammation. I will attach a document of my acne progress at the end.

Well now i am 3 and a half months in, its time to stop. But why ? In the most simplest way of saying it, i am going to be on Tv. I have been asked to partake in a documentary, on British Tv, basically the show highlights acne and its effects. Also it highlights the drug Accutane and its damaging side effects.

The show its self: well filming starts in a few weeks, just a few interviews and just getting my skin filmed really. Then on the 26th i head down to London, Harley street, where i see a Harley Street Dermatologist, the show will have me in it, basically tracking my progress every few weeks, coming to see me, interviewing me.

So what does this have to do with Anti-biotics? Well i have to come off them now, i am really afraid to come off them, i have to come off them friday, which leaves a few weeks between then and my first appointment, which is scary. I am afraid of what my skin will look like, i will post images and videos(youtube).

We just want to start on a fresh slate, also means when the anti-biotics stop working i wont have a breakout, its just clear skin for the rest of my life. Awesome ! smile.png.

If you have read to this bit, i must of written something interesting lol, i will keep updated on my YouTube:wttr123, if you wish to find me. But send my a private message on hear if you want a chat about anything.

Remember we can beat Acne.

Peace.

post-165338-0-58690600-1336474718_thumb.

post-165338-0-65903900-1336474729_thumb.

post-165338-0-73354300-1336474735_thumb.

post-165338-0-60856000-1336474738_thumb.

post-165338-0-36412700-1336474741_thumb.

post-165338-0-61237700-1336474744_thumb.

post-165338-0-17085600-1336474747_thumb.

post-165338-0-97445900-1336474750_thumb.

post-165338-0-58690600-1336474718_thumb.

post-165338-0-65903900-1336474729_thumb.

post-165338-0-73354300-1336474735_thumb.

post-165338-0-60856000-1336474738_thumb.

post-165338-0-97445900-1336474750_thumb.

Edited by 98765432100

my acne started when i was 15 and i left it a year before i decided to go to my gp to get a prescription and i was put on tetralysal. i was on it for 14 month and it did help with my breakouts but i then had to deal with the fact it was completely fucking up my body and left me with sore, sensitive and damaged skin that just wasnt healing. about 10 months ago i stopped taking it and also stopped using any products on my skin. the initial reaction to this was that my skin became incredibly oily but i wanted to stick with it to see what happened.

anyway my skin has slowly improved for the last 9 months besides the odd bad breakout but the main improvement was with my overall health.

the only thing is, im unsure if the improvements ive seen are due to not taking anti biotics or just because im starting to "grow out" of acne ( im nearly 19 now )

anyway i hope you all the best mate and speaking as someone who has had acne for nearly 4 years now just try to keep positive

yh my face is literally covered in red marks. im lucky in the sense that ive never really had properly severe acne ive just had moderate acne but literally all over my face, so the positve of that is that i dont have scaring or uneven skin just loads of red marks.

also when is the program and what channel

Ahh right, you should see a dermatologist!!!

And Its on BBC3 at the moment, could change to BBC1.

Also where abouts in England are you from ?

yh i went to the derm once on the nhs and the guy was pretty useless just repeated my prescription my gp gave me and told me a load information i already knew. i also went to a private place once but they wanted me to have lazer surgery and stuff like that and for the price it really isnt worth it so i'll just have to wait.

and im from huddersfield in yorkshire, you ?

Hi,

Eliminating bad bacteria is not the right way. You also destroy the good ones.

Try put PROBIOTICS on your acne. You can make a paste. Open the capsule add a few drops of water.

Stir and apply on your face or where ever you have acne or folliculitis. Leave it on for 30 to 60 minutes. Wash it of with

only water and apply it EVERY DAY!

Please, try it!

Also take probiotics orally. To make your gut (and skin) stronger.

Take care.