Notifications
Clear all

In Need Of Good Cleansing Wipes. Ideas?

MemberMember
(@lmontgom)

Posted : 05/07/2012 11:03 pm

I'm looking for some good facial cleansing wipes/pads/cloths that I can use on-the-go. I finished up my third course of Accutane in January, and over the last couple of months, my oil production has steadily increased (probably made worse by the recent and horribly humid weather of the East Coast). I usually find that a couple hours after washing my face, I begin to get shiny (mostly my lower forehead, nose, cheeks/cheekbones, and chin) and if I'm not at work, I can get rid of it by simply wiping a clean, dry towel gently across my face. When I'm at work, however, I don't have anything to wipe my face off with, and since I refuse to touch my face with my hands, the oiliness just kind of hangs there until I'm able to get home and wash my face.

My regimen is really simple, I wash morning and night with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Redness Soothing Gentle Scrub), moisturize with Pond's in the a.m. and apply Retin-A Micro gel in the evening. While I do experience some dryness, it's not that bad, and I don't wear makeup. I'm thinking that I need some kind of cleansing cloth that I can use without water or anything, to essentially wash my face during the day while I'm at work. Does anyone know of a product that will take care of my shine without drying me out or making me break out? My skin is really sensitive and I'm a little wary of using new products, but I'm willing to try something new for this new problem. Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 05/08/2012 2:48 am

Hey there. Try some Dickinson's Witch Hazel wipes. I think that those are the most mild wipes if you don't wanna worry about too many chemical ingredients, unwanted side effects, etc. They also help with controlling oil production.

MemberMember
(@gopackgo)

Posted : 05/08/2012 3:15 pm

Agree with lightersUP. These things are awesome.

MemberMember
(@lmontgom)

Posted : 05/09/2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into those wipes. If I don't end up getting some kind of cleansing wipe, is it a bad idea to just periodically wipe my face down with tissue, toilet paper, or paper towels, just to get rid of some of the excess oil? I know some paper products can be abrasive to the skin, but is it better to use something like that or is it better to just leave the skin (and oil) alone until you can wash again?

MemberMember
(@tesso)

Posted : 05/13/2012 11:02 pm

You could make your own with some Dickinsons Witch Hazel Toner and the flat cotton pads they use for nails.. put some in a container with the witch hazel if its more convenient, or just apply from the bottle to the cotton pad every time, thats what I do..

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 05/15/2012 2:04 am

I use brown paper towel from the restroom @ work to dab my face every few hours. They absorb oil pretty well and they're free for me to use. Just make sure you pat your face gently and don't wipe abrasively cause that will irritate your skin.

MemberMember
(@wellgood)

Posted : 01/13/2014 4:56 am

Why not just use blotting papers and gently blot off shininess? Is that a new skin taboo?

Humid weather really affects oil production.. the skin just doesn't breathe in my opinion.