Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyyy

Does The Dkr Reduces Blemishes?

Hi, i just started the DKR last week. today is day 4

ive seen improvements on my skin, my zits are gone. i still a one more

and actually im suffering from blemishes. i have so many blemishes from 2 years ago, i did not pop any zits but i still get blemishes after the zits are gone, i dont really have scars. just blemishes all over my face.

i use makeup to cover them up, but im really tired of it, and i dont want anything on my face!

the DKR is drying out my skin, not that bad but it does hurt and itch a little bit. my skin looks fine without makeup but with makeup is just gross.. im using jojoba oil and the moisturizer.

can someone please tell me if the DKR helps getting rid of blemishes?

thank you very much!

From blemishes I'm assuming you mean hyper pigmentation marks, eg brown or red marks? DKR will not get rid of these marks, but it will stop you getting new pimples which will stop you from getting new 'blemishes'.

Time will help to fade pigmentation marks, but you may also try introducing AHA+ after following the DKR for approximately 5 weeks. Some people have found that AHA+ has been beneficial for pigmenation, although personally it made no difference to my skin.

thank you, ive had these blemishes since forever. they never go away, ive had them for at least 2 yrs now.

im just really depressed right now..

If you are ghost-white fair , not tanned fair, use Black and White Hydroquinone based bleaching cream.

Otherwise, use few weeks of 30% glycolic acid if marks are really dark. If they are not that dark, Olay regenerist night renewal elixir should peel off those areas gradually.

If you are ghost-white fair , not tanned fair, use Black and White Hydroquinone based bleaching cream.

Otherwise, use few weeks of 30% glycolic acid if marks are really dark. If they are not that dark, Olay regenerist night renewal elixir should peel off those areas gradually.

hi my skin color is fair, when i use foundation its always light, or fair i dont have dark skin

and my marks are just red/pinkish.

if i use black and white cleaching cream, do i stop using the DKR? cuz you werent suppose to add stuff to the regimen tho

and i dont have any pimple or acne right now its just marks, and my skin is super dry right now, jojoba oil doesnt seem to work.

the flakes and dryness are soooooooo disgusting.

i expected this to happen, but didnt expect it to be this drying..

i want to quit the regiemen but im also afraid of quiting bcuz so many ppll stopped using this regimen and the pimples got back even worse.

i didnt have much acne when i first started the regimen, it did made my skin looks better but its just horribly drying out your skin

cyyy, I am not sure how old you are. If you are 18-30, my advice will apply to you.

The DKR ( Daniel Kern's Regimen ) seems to be just 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide BP gel.

When you are trying to get rid of acne, you are supposed to use an exfoliating facewash > 2.5% BP cream > non-oily moisturizer.

If you see Dan's videos, you have to apply the cream and rub it in. Once BP is dry, you apply moisturizer on top of it. In your 1st week, you do this once. From week 2 onwards, you do this twice a day.

Now, from personal experience, following this BP regimen has got rid of my face marks in the past but it takes 3 months and only works initially. So, now when I try a 3 month BP regimen, marks no longer fade away as my skin has gotten used to BP.

Now, back to your situation,

1. Stop following DKR

2. Use moisturizer whenever your skin is dry. If commercial moisturizers such as Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer doesn't work for you, use olive oil. Yes, you heard me right!

3. Facewash your face twice a day and use B&W Hydroquinone cream on the marks. Wash this off after an hour and then moisturize. Of course, one of your applications should be before you got to bed so that the Hydroquinone has more time to work.

Don't worry about getting acne after stopping your DKR regimen. If you get pimples from now on, apply toothpaste ( the paste one, not the gel-based one ), this has same effect as BP but less drying.

I am not as fair as you unfortunately, so using Hydroquinone leaves me looking like a unevenly cooked potato. I now do these everyday : scrub my face with a sliced lemon piece, scrub my face later with a sliced tomato piece and before going to bed, I use Olay Regenerist Night cream. It fades marks, makes skin soft, gets ridof hermit pimples, and makes the purple/red area in a dark mark go awayovernight on the very first day!

Edited by zahid

cyyy, I am not sure how old you are. If you are 18-30, my advice will apply to you.

The DKR ( Daniel Kern's Regimen ) seems to be just 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide BP gel.

When you are trying to get rid of acne, you are supposed to use an exfoliating facewash > 2.5% BP cream > non-oily moisturizer.

If you see Dan's videos, you have to apply the cream and rub it in. Once BP is dry, you apply moisturizer on top of it. In your 1st week, you do this once. From week 2 onwards, you do this twice a day.

Now, from personal experience, following this BP regimen has got rid of my face marks in the past but it takes 3 months and only works initially. So, now when I try a 3 month BP regimen, marks no longer fade away as my skin has gotten used to BP.

1. Stop following DKR

2. Use moisturizer whenever your skin is dry. If commercial moisturizers such as Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer doesn't work for you, use olive oil. Yes, you heard me right!

3. Facewash your face twice a day and use B&W Hydroquinone cream on the marks. Wash this off after an hour and then moisturize. Of course, one of your applications should be before you got to bed so that the Hydroquinone has more time to work.

Don't worry about getting acne after stopping your DKR regimen. If you get pimples from now on, apply toothpaste ( the paste one, not the gel-based one ), this has same effect as BP but less drying.

I am not as fair as you unfortunately, so using Hydroquinone leaves me looking like a unevenly cooked potato. I now do these everyday : scrub my face with a sliced lemon piece, scrub my face later with a sliced tomato piece and before going to bed, I use Olay Regenerist Night cream. It fades marks, makes skin soft, gets ridof hermit pimples, and makes the purple/red area in a dark mark go awayovernight on the very first day!

the DKR is really working well. the only problem is the dryness and my skins texture

and i am 17, i really happy to say i dont have any pimples right now but im also afraid of getting them back since a lot of ppl stopped using the DKR and their acne got worse.

what are some cleanser that you recommend. i use cataphil moisturizer, my derm reccommened me the cataphil moisturizer and i think its okay.

1. Stop following DKR

i stopped the DKR, my skin was not that dry anymore. i could put on makeup without that many flakes.

but the problem is, i have 4 acne on my face rght now... and i really enjoyed havnig acne free face...

Apply toothpaste on your acne.

If it doesn't help, use BP ONLY on the acne spots.

Moisturzier-wise, I am in the UK, so stuff I use will be different as we dont get everything you lucky US ppl get. I use Simple Hydrating moisturizer