Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneIsACurse

What Is The Best Probiotic?

I've heard very good things about fermented foods that have probiotics (like kefir, kimchi, kombucha, sauerkraut, yogurt, etc) but what do you think is the best? I don't want kefir or yogurt because it has dairy, what do you guys think are the best foods with probiotics? Also does apple cider vinegar have probiotics since it's fermented to the max?

Edited by AcneIsACurse

The fermented cabbage products are really good due to also being high in nutrients beneficial for acne. Also, kefir and yogurts can be non-dairy.

Also, some of the problematic components in dairy, such as IGF1 are consumed by the probiotics during fermentation so they might not be a problem for you to have a little of. And there's some research that the probiotics in fermented dairy are specifically beneficial to acne.

Where can I buy non-dairy kefir, and do I have to make it myself? I know that there is almond yogurt, but I hear that kefir is a better source of probiotics. Also, I bought this unsweetened kefir because it had less sugar and it was SOO sour and tasted so bad lol I hated it, is non-dairy kefir also very sour? And are all fermented foods sour?