Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I apologize if this information has been discussed already, but I have a question that I've been thinking about for a few days now.

I spoke to my parents about whether they had acne or not. My mom told me she never had any acne, and neither did my dad. In fact, her whole family did not suffer from acne at all, and neither did my father's side.

As for me, I'm 21, I've had moderate acne since around 16ish, I had a really clear period during my freshman year in college (18-19) but have broken out moderately since then.

Could anyone explain why I've had acne when none of my parents or their siblings had no problems whatsoever?

I apologize if this information has been discussed already, but I have a question that I've been thinking about for a few days now.

I spoke to my parents about whether they had acne or not. My mom told me she never had any acne, and neither did my dad. In fact, her whole family did not suffer from acne at all, and neither did my father's side.

As for me, I'm 21, I've had moderate acne since around 16ish, I had a really clear period during my freshman year in college (18-19) but have broken out moderately since then.

Could anyone explain why I've had acne when none of my parents or their siblings had no problems whatsoever?

Well that is how it was with my parents to. Which got me thinking that the cause of my acne chould be treated. (I had mild acne) The diffrece between me and my parents deit and lifestyle, envionment when they were my age was completly diffrent. (They grew up in Jamaica) They did not eat all the Junk I ate they spent three time more time outside they did alot more physical activity than I was doing and they did not use all those unatrual skin care product as I did. Now that I have fixed all of that my skin is completly clear at the moment and I havent got anything other that a small with head in the last month which is normal.

My mum doesn't have any zits. My dad had heaps of zits and bad scars too (and still gets zits occassionally) - his skin is quite oily. My sister has pretty clear skin. I have quite a lot of zits and get bad scars, my skin is also quite oily. Guess the genetics weren't on my side when it comes to skin - sux doesn't it! The only good thing I can think of is by having oily skin is that it will keep my younger looking...