Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on accutane for nearly 2 months. I have 5 days left in my 2nd month. I am currently on 60 mg a day and my lips are so dry I can't even begin to describe it. The entire surface is completely peeling and the corners of my mouth are cracking. I constantly put lip balm on all day, everyday. I mainly use aquaphor. I am so fed up with the corners of my mouth peeling, it hurts like no other. I can't even open my mouth to talk or eat with out the cracks respiting and causing extreme pain. What products have you used during your accutane experience to keep your lips nice and soft?

Wow, what dose of accutane do you take? My experience is to experiments with different lip balms. The one your using might not be the best for you. I use vaseline or labello classic (the ultra hydro care shit doesnt work ;) ).

Guest *Spiro*

I have been on accutane for nearly 2 months. I have 5 days left in my 2nd month. I am currently on 60 mg a day and my lips are so dry I can't even begin to describe it. The entire surface is completely peeling and the corners of my mouth are cracking. I constantly put lip balm on all day, everyday. I mainly use aquaphor. I am so fed up with the corners of my mouth peeling, it hurts like no other. I can't even open my mouth to talk or eat with out the cracks respiting and causing extreme pain. What products have you used during your accutane experience to keep your lips nice and soft?

I am a few days away from starting my 3rd month. Lips are a pain in the ass on this medication. If it wasn't for my lips I would completely forget I was on the medication at all. Aquaphor doesn't work well for me either. I use Vaseline and have the best success with that. When my lips were at its worst I went to the dermatologist and got a prescription for a lip ointment that healed things up pretty quickly and I can control the dryness with the vaseline now that the tears in my lips are healed. Also I notice with the aquaphor it comes off on everything. You take a drink and all of it comes off on your glass, or if you eat something forget about it there is nothing left on the lips at all. I will use the Aquaphor at night right before I fall asleep I toss some on and if does a good job if it can sit over night without being bothered.

I have used all store brand lip balms and have used vaseline. I also ordered an over the counter lip balm from the pharmacist formulated for accutane called Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. That did absolutely nothing.

I had this badly too. Ask your doctor for a prescription of Nystaform. It worked miracles. It's a gel you apply to the corners of your mouth and heals them amazingly. I also found Blistex Ultra Moisturizing lip cream was the best for the lips.

I use to use Aquaphor but I recently bought Chapstick Medicated and it's worked the best out of everything I've tried. I highly recommend it!

I'm only on 40mg/day and starting my second month, my lips have been suuuuper chap though. Honestly, regular ol' Chapstick (mint, yum!) works great for me.