Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kal22

Once A Day?

ok, So I started using the regimen about 7 months ago, it has cleared me up a lot from where I started. When I started I was in the middle of a crazy breakout after being clear for a few weeks.

About a month ago, I switched over to spot treating with the BP in the morning instead of all over and doing all over at night. My skin still looks good, I have two or three active pimples, but they clear up easier. The regimen has really been getting to me to lately, mostly because as the weather has been warmer the moisturizer has been shining and making me look sweaty. On top of that I have noticed that when I exercise my face becomes very red and almost burns, I was thinking this was from the BP/Moisturizer in my pores leaving. It takes about an hour for the redness to go down after I shower.

What I am considering doing is doing the regimen once a day, i.e

Morning

Taking a Shower as needed, washing face with lukewarm water

Night

DKR Cleanser

DKR BP

DKR Moisuturizer

I am wondering if anyone has done this and what have been the effects. I think this would make me a lot happier since I wouldn't have moisturizer all over my face all day. Also I am wondering has anyone ever gotten off the regimen. I find that I get acne in places I never used to such as my nose, and I am just wondering since I was very clear for a period before going on the regimen, maybe the regimen is causing me to breakout.

Thanks,

I've been doing the regimen for about four years now. In the beginning I was using the BP twice per day for the first few months but I had problems trying to put concealer on after using the BP and moisturiser.

I decided to try using it only once per day (in the evening) to see if it would still work for me. Luckily it did and for the last few years I have only being doing the regimen late in the evening before I go to bed. I know this won't work for everyone and the regimen is supposed to be done twice per day every day but you could perhaps try decreasing it to see how your skin copes with it.

I'm just restarting the regimen, but before I used it successfully for about a year and a half, kept my skin pretty much perfect and I actually never did it twice a day. I only ever did it once a day because the bp is so good at bleaching things and to me it wasn't worth potentially ruining one of my favorite shirts lol. I think it would just depend on your skin. You can always try it and then go back to twice a day if your skin starts to go downhill.

I decided today to try using salicylic acid in the morning so now the regimen is like this

AM

Shower

Use Stridex Sensitive pad .5% SA

Rinse off

My questions about this are 1) From everything I read it says to leave the stridex on the whole day and not rinse it off, but I feel like this would be very drying. 2) Can anyone recommend a good SA Cleanser that might be a little better, preferably one for sensitive skin.

Thank You.

Edited by kal22

Heres my recommendation. Don't use stridex or any BHA face wash, their all crap and will just wash down the drain. Use a .5% SA lotion, like aveeno clear complexion or something. I have experience with that and it has never irritated my face or sweated into my eyes. Its good stuff

Couple questions/comments:

- What products were you using in the morning previously?

- Can you describe in more detail about the redness you experience?

- Salicylic acid really does very little, even at 2% strength.

Previously I was using the DKR Cleanser, spot treating with BP, then DKR moisturizer. The redness is usually where I am sweating. It is like I can see where the sweat is . It starts near my eyes and goes down the sides of my face. And my forehead is a little red, but the main area is a path from my eyes down.

Today I removed the SA and just tried washing with water and moisturizing after. I found that throughout the day my skin looked really shiny/oily. Is this because I applied to much moisturizer?(which is very possibly since I am used to applying after BP), or is it because my skin is used to being dryer out by the cleanser/bp, that it is producing extra oil. I have never had oily skin.

Have you tried a different moisturizer? I tend to get super shiny and oily when using Dan's moisturizer.