Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys...

This is probably my 6th application of AHA+. I apply it and there is little or no stinging when it is applied, however there is when it's absorbing. After it's done absorbing, my face will feel very hot for a while, I even brought a fan in my room. Also, it appears the AHA has made a thin film over my face, because when I scratched one area, it removed a little bit of it, or it could just be dead skin. Is this normal?

Please share your stories and experiences with this product smile.png

My face gets a little flushed after applying Dan's AHA+. Not overly uncomfortable or anything, but definitely noticeable. And if I scratch my face after applying AHA+ over the BP, the AHA+ will ball up and peel off. I really go out of my way not to touch my face at all after applying AHA+. I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle of Dan's AHA+ so these annoying little side effects have not been annoying enough to stop using it. I love Dan's AHA+; I think it is a phenomenal product.

My face gets a little flushed after applying Dan's AHA+. Not overly uncomfortable or anything, but definitely noticeable. And if I scratch my face after applying AHA+ over the BP, the AHA+ will ball up and peel off. I really go out of my way not to touch my face at all after applying AHA+. I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle of Dan's AHA+ so these annoying little side effects have not been annoying enough to stop using it. I love Dan's AHA+; I think it is a phenomenal product.

How would you recommend getting the most out of AHA? on my 7th week clearing up alot, but my skin is soo dry and flaky its a drag.

Would it be better to use a lotion like Neutrogena healthy skin, which has aha, or just dans? I have Dans btw and it helps alittle but not sure how to use it exactly and thinking about trying Neutrogena for alittle. Thanks in advance!! :)

I use Dan's AHA+ at night only; I wash my face, then apply BP, then apply about nickel-sized amount of AHA+ (usually about 30 minutes or so after applying BP). I use a tinted moisturizer during the day (or just a regular moisturizer) because my face gets extremely shiny if I use an AHA+ product during the day. I've never used Neutrogena's Healthy Skin lotion with AHA+ so I really have no experience there. I have oily skin and fairly sensitive skin, and all of the other AHA+ products I've tried (besides Dan's) left my skin looking and feeling completely raw.

I used Embryolisse moisturizer to help with dryness and flakes when I initially started the regimen 5 years ago. I'd never use it now as it's way too moisturizing for my oily skin.

Basically, my advice is to be weary of using an AHA+ product during the day if you're prone to excessive shine. Otherwise, you'll never really know unless you try it.