Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MatrixGravity

Are You Only Supposed To Exfoliate Once A Week?

I just bought a Neutrogena facial scrub, and the label says it's safe enough for everyday use. But the product says it works by exfoliating skin, and I heard you are only supposed to exfoliate your skin 1-2 times weekly. So, what is the deal here?

Edited by MatrixGravity

Everyones different. Some people can't handle exfoliating at all,or at least manual exfoliation. In my experience I need to exfoliate every night,but that's just me. I'd take it slow at first then maybe build up how many times you use it if you feel you need it. Also,in my opinion, all Neutrogena exfoliants and washes only made my skin breakout more and very irritated. But if it works for you,great!

Exfoliating is important but take it slow. I use a salicylic acid toner/medication in the morning after cleaning. Once or twice a week I use a benzoyl scrub in the shower before my face cleanser, and I use glycolic at night. You want the skin cells to keep regenerating, so working in regular exfoliation is beneficial.