Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, so i was suggested to use this cleanser from my friend

http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/cleansers/continuous-control-acne-cleanser#pointeranchor

but i wasnt sure if this is gentle enough while being on accutane.

also, this is irrelevent, but does accutane affect the healing of sprains? i fell off my bike recently and there were no bones broken. so i was curious if accutane will affect the healing o sprains :P THANKS!

The Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) would be way too harsh for your skin right now. Stick with a gentle cleanser and let Accutane do it's work smile.png

Edited by Chinup89

I agree with the poster above. My doctor said to stay away from anything with any drying effects such as Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic acid. Accutane is going to dry up your skin a ton and you won't want anything that will dry it up further, unless that's what your doctor tells you.

Hello, so i was suggested to use this cleanser from my friend

http://www.cleanandc...r#pointeranchor

but i wasnt sure if this is gentle enough while being on accutane.

also, this is irrelevent, but does accutane affect the healing of sprains? i fell off my bike recently and there were no bones broken. so i was curious if accutane will affect the healing o sprains tongue.png THANKS!

Accutane it drying you from the inside out. Dont try to rush the process by drying out your skin further.

If anything, this is the time to pile on the moisture. I don't wash with any cleansers on my face but do use a mild body wash in the shower. Just lukewarm water on my face and towel off. Then pile on a ton of moisturiser, Aquaphor and fire down a glass or two of water before I go to bed and after I wake up.

As for healing property's. Im not really sure. I would think they slow them down a bit.

I smashed my knee on the corner of the bed

one day chasing after the dog a month ago and its still a little tender and scabbed.

Edited by Zraden

NOOO! I have been to 3 dermatologist. All have said use nothing besides: Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, and Cerave! Both found at any store: Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. they are affordable and work best. Don't use any cleansers with any kind of acne treatment: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, etc.