Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I have been using Epiduo alongside Doryx 150mg a day and Clindamycin Phosphate cream for back/shoulder break outs since the start of high-school last fall. So far my only issue has been with Epiduo. I use it for 3 days and by the 4th day my skin looks great but it burns if I put any Epiduo on. it burns all over my face. I have very sensitive skin and since I'm supposed to put it on before bed it keeps me up for over an hour or until I wash it off. If I wait it out and sit for an hour it stops burning but just itches me like crazy. I really don't know what to do. I have tried using Cera Ve moisturizer but even that can't keep up with the damage done by Epiduo and it ends up burning too. I never can make it past a week using Epiduo every day. I usually have to take three or four days off in between and of course then I break out again.

Have any of you used Epiduo? Does it get better or will it always burn?

Thanks!!! biggrin.png

Edited by marker

I use tactuo which is the same thing but in canada. I use it in the morning and my face gets really red and oily throuhout the day, my skin looks worse, but whe i wash it off, my skin looks better though. i don't really get the ithcing or burning that you get so it might be an allergic reaction???

Personally, I hate benzoyl peroxide. I hate the smell of it, I hate the feel of it, I hate that it bleaches clothes. I realize that what I'm saying might be heresy here.

What I'm saying is that I much prefer Differin, which is .1% adapalene without the benzoyl peroxide. Epiduo is .1% adapalene plus benzoyl peroxide.

If you want to stick with the Epiduo, which I'm not trying to discourage you from doing, I would advise either of these: (1) take the fourth night off; or/and (2) wait 10 minutes after washing your face before applying it. That might cut back on the irritation.