Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
selfinflictedx

Birth Control Or Proactiv?

I used proactiv for a year and it was the only thing i tried for my acne. It worked with a few pimples here and there. Then i decided to switch to regular acne face washes they sell at walmart. I had the worst acne of my life.

Months later i started taking triness (birth control) but started using the proactiv again around the same time. My face was the clearest its been since i was 10. Only time i would get a pimple was around my period.

a few weeks ago i stopped taking the bc but continued the proactiv. I broke out on one of my cheeks very bad. Two weeks later i went back on wondering if the bc cleared me up. No more new pimples and that terrible one is healing.

So im thinking the birth control is helping with the acne so it must be hormonal.

Do you think its the birth control thats keeping my face nice, or the proactiv?

Im wondering if i could continue my bc, but slowly ween myself off proactiv to another cheaper less harsh product and still keep my clear complexion.. please help :(

I would say the birth control is keeping your skin clear. Using a gentle cleanser like cetaphil with a couple of drops of tea tree oil (which kills acne bacteria sorta like benzol peroxide) is a good cheap and fairly gentle cleanser that works great for me.