Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobinL

Starting The Regimen With High Hopes

Today is day 1 of this infamous regimen I've been reading about. I've been battleing acne for about 10 years now off and on. It will clear up for a while then boom major breakout ensues and takes forever to get rid of. I just turned 28 and im so over it!! So heres to high hopes this helps. Also so my daughter can stop asking why her mommy has "boo boos" on her face while other mommys do not.

AM: Washed with DKR Cleanser for 10 seconds

Applied pea size DKR bp

Moisturized with DKR moisturizer added few drops of jojoba oil

PM: Cleansed

Moisturized

So far so good. My skin is looking very oily at the moment but possibly cause of all the moisturizer. Im so not looking forward to the drying out process and flaking....

Day 3

So far so good. Starting to get a tad bit dry around my nose but no redness or pealing as of yet. I have no new actives and what I did have, have gone down. Still using a pea size of bp once a day and two full pumps of dkr moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil.

Hello there and good luck with the Regimen! I'm glad you are starting very gradually with the BP. I had to do the same and even now my skin cannot handle the recommended amount...more than a year and a half later. So only go as fast with the BP application as you feel you need.

Keep us updated! =)

Thanks Kairasa! I've read your blog and was so amazed!!

First week of regimen down. So far so good. No drying or pealing to report and no new actives. What I did have, have come to a head and easily removed. Still have redness from old acne that seem to stand out more. The past two days the only thing i've changed is adding the bp to twice a day but still using half a pump. I've read week two is a nightmare so guess time will tell!

Day 19

Wow! 19 days down and my skin is looking great! No changes in my applications and I have no redness or drying. Thank goodness! I was really worried about all the posts about the redness and pealing. I've been so lucky and no purging as of yet.