Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MatrixGravity

What's The Difference Between These Cleansers?

the grapefruit one is marketed as being able to help clear acne because it contains salicylic acid where as the other one doesn't. But just because it has salicylic acid in it, doesn't mean it will work to clear your acne. The grapefruit one contains fragrance which may be irritating to the skin so in that case maybe the other cleanser would be better.

Just take a look at the ingredients - they outline the main 'features' of each cleanser in dot-points at the bottom but you can also take a look at the ingredients and compare them / do some research on ingredients or just look for reviews on each of the cleansers at decide that way which one you want to try.

I haven't used either so I can't make any suggestions.

But the main thing for why one supposedly 'fights acne' as well as cleansing the skin is that it has salicylic acid.

No worries :)

I haven't heard of 'natural' salicylic before so I don't know the difference between that and what would be in other products with salicylic acid... So I don't know if it would be more effective or not - sorry.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, when it comes to acne treatment, what works for one person may not work for the next. So even if heaps of people say 'this worked for me - you have to use it!' - you can still try it but be prepared to find out that it isn't for you.

So for the cleansers, or any product, I'd suggest reading reviews of the products and comparing them and making your decision that way. Try to read reviews that aren't just on the company's site too - I'm always weary of them being bias

Good luck with it all :)

OH MY GOD DO NOT USE THE GRAPEFRUIT ONE.

Holy mother of god it made my skin peel from using it just once. I have EXTREMELY oily skin. Very frustrated. I like the body wash though but I think it's wayyyy too irritating for the face. I like Clean & Clear's foaming facial cleanser. Very mild and does what it needs to do. :P

Don't bother cleansing with something because of its active ingredient, such as salicylic. A cleanser isn't on your skin long enough for the active ingredient to penetrate. You are better off cleansing with something simple, and then applying a LEAVE-ON CREAM with salicylic acid.

Edited by Green Gables

I've used both of those cleansers in the past and they dried out my face like nobody's business.