Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickyP

Not Moisturing On Accutane?

Hey all, could I potentially damage my skin by not moisturising on Accutane?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nick

Why would you not moisturize? I'm not sure I understand.

I think you would die if you didn't moisturize. Not literally, but I was in actual pain from skin dryness. As far as I can tell moisturizing didn't negatively effect me. I just Cetaphil a couple times a day. In my uneducated opinion I would think there are more benefits to using than not.

If you don't moisturize your skin will literally crack apart. I moisturize like crazy and my skin peels constantly and lips are cracking and the skin falls right off. Don't take accutane if you're not going to commit.

Honestly if i didn't moisturize my lips they would have legit fallen off my face. Also my skin probably would have cracked right open. So u really will want to moisturize or else.... tongue.png

Hey my skin really isn't looking much better, I am 4 months in and have had 4 new pimples today, not massive but there here and every spot I get marks my skin for months without fail, it will still be here in 6 (six) months time, why???

My face isnt dry enough that I HAVE to moisturize, but I know that even my mildly dry skin needs a moisturizer, and it mainly it makes putting make up on MUCH easier.

If your greasy, or normal, its not gonna ruin anything to NOT use it