Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimbur86

Quitting The Regimen.

I don't think my skin likes BP. Tried it for 4 months, the only change I see is worse acne and now I have scarring too. It's dissapointing because it seems like it has worked for everyone else. I am going back to a treatment with SA, it manages my acne so much better.

Edited by Kimbur86

I'm on my 2nd month as well, and not only have I not stopped breaking out but my acne is worse than it has ever been and in places where I've never had it before. I'm seeing my derm next week to ask her for accutane. I'm really tired of it all!

Yeah before the regimine I NEVER got acne on my cheeks. Now I am getting cystic pimples there. :( At least before my cheeks were acne free, even if my chin and forehead weren't well now no place is safe. ugh. I just want to put a paper bag over my head.

Hey Kimbur86! I have been using bp consistently since I was like 11. Now I am 26. Basically for last 6 years I wore it round the clock, 24/7. But now I regret it.

I have recently changed my diet, and stopped using bp. And my skin is better. For the first time.

I admit , killing bacteria is the only way to keep acne at bay. However that is not the answer! We must keep the skin from not forming the acne rather than keeping it at bay! Although keeping bp around is great for treating breakouts, it is not the answer for preventing the breakouts.

Salicylic acid, other chemical peeling agents, and a most important and hardest of all...a meticulous diet . That is the way to go!!!

(my diet recommendation: no sugar at all, no grains, and like 20 servings of veggies a day).

I don't think my skin likes BP. Tried it for 4 months, the only change I see is worse acne and now I have scarring too. It's dissapointing because it seems like it has worked for everyone else. I am going back to a treatment with SA, it manages my acne so much better.

Everyone's body is different and will react differently to different products. Just got to try your luck until you

come across what works best for you.

I too did the regimen for a few years with little success. Mainly it dried my face terriby which caused me to overmoisturize (I would put tons of Olay moisturizer with jojoba oil on every night) and I think this just caused my pores to become clogged in the long run. Also every night was torture as my skin would be peeling and I would have to exfoliate fully to get all of the dead skin cells off of my face. My skin was just a total mess while I was on it. I'm sure it works for some people, it just never worked for me.

Yeah before the regimine I NEVER got acne on my cheeks. Now I am getting cystic pimples there. sad.png At least before my cheeks were acne free, even if my chin and forehead weren't well now no place is safe. ugh. I just want to put a paper bag over my head.

I also used to have acne concentrated only on my chin and forehead, NEVER on my cheeks, and since the regimen I have cystic pimples everywhere and I'm really scared they might leave scars :(

It's been a week since I've changed my diet (no sugar and no dairy) and have lowered the amount of bp until I see my derm on friday. I really don't want to go on accutante, but I'm 27 and have been battling acne for as long as I can remember and I've just had it!