Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I pretty much just get acne on my cheeks and nose. (But honestly, I cannot think of a worst place for it.) Thing is, I have completely cut out junk food and it had made some difference in my skin. The thing is, I need it! Not because I'm addicted, but because I am severely underweight! So yeah, bad acne up to the point where I avoid mirrors at all costs, and I'm like super thin, so I can't really eat the good stuff like vegetables and fruits, because I need to gain weight. What's a poor guy to do?

Vegetables have no calories in it, you wont gain weight from it.

you need to gain weight cuz your skinny? your a man, you have enough appetite just at the right need for your body. your not starving yourself right? so no worries, if you are not hungry then you have enough weight.

now if you want to get bigger, thats another thing. cuz just adding fat will do nothing good, theres a good reason your body is not "allowing" you to gain weight with healthy food, its not healthy to be overweight!

so whats the solution? LIFT WEIGHTS

Edited by arqa22

There are protein shakes out there and with enough exercise you can easily bulk up in 6-8months. Carbs just turn into fat if you don't exercise, if you wanna gain some weight it's better to do it the proper way instead of the unhealthy way. This way the exercise is good for ur skin and so u will clear up faster.

Well, I pretty much just get acne on my cheeks and nose. (But honestly, I cannot think of a worst place for it.) Thing is, I have completely cut out junk food and it had made some difference in my skin. The thing is, I need it! Not because I'm addicted, but because I am severely underweight! So yeah, bad acne up to the point where I avoid mirrors at all costs, and I'm like super thin, so I can't really eat the good stuff like vegetables and fruits, because I need to gain weight. What's a poor guy to do?

I'm a vegan and eat mostly raw foods. I still weight the same, well, I did lost like 5-10 lbs, which I am more ripped.. I returned back to the gym because I don't wanna lose muscles. Just eat more healthyfats if you don't have problem with it.. not a lot.. like 20%. of your diet should be healthy fat, then 60% carbs (vegetables/fruits/leafy greens) and 20% protein. I didn't mention grains because some people do have problem with grains, but if you don't... try ezekiel bread's. I love this stuff!! I like adding coconut oil (healthy fats) on bread. It will add more calories. It helped me gain muscles and weight.

Edited by EddieE

Okay I'm living your problem so I thought Ide give some insight........ EAT FOOD! don't care about your acne for a while and eat!.....remember when you hear about some pro Ana girl who is starving herself? And you think " I can't believe she's starving herself simply for looks " thats exactly what your doing !!!! Eat!

You can lift weights all day but unless your feeding your body, not not going to see any returns.

However, junk food is not the way to go. Your body knows its junk food and will "dispose" of it as just such.

Protein is the building blocks of life. The same goes for you muscles. You need to take in 1 gram of protein per

pound that you weigh. Example: you weight 130... You need to take in 130 grams of protein a day. Considering that

a whole egg is roughly 10 grams of protein, that means you need 13 eggs a day. That simply isn't practical.

Grab a good whey protein from your local GnC or avoid high mark ups and grab something from your

local wallymart.

Now there's a catch to protein. The average body can only process roughly 40 grams of protein in any 4 hours.

Anything more then that and your body will dispose of it sending your money down the flusher...literally.

You need to space your protein intake out through out the day.

You can train your body to process more .. but it takes time.

As with any diet loosing or gaining .. you need to calorie count. Basically, you need to pound back more then your body

uses in a day. 2000 to 2500 is the basic male daily intake to "live" But that really depends on your weight, hight and metabolism.

I find that due to my metabolism, if I want to gain weight, I need to put down 3500 to 4000 a day. Sadly , carrots and

lettuce just wont cut it. I know it sounds hard , but there's ways to cheat. For example, a 1 ltr choco milk is 1200 calories and

its one of the number one rated recovery drinks after a work out.

It might take a lot of trial and error and you need to count your calories everyday, but in the end, its worth it.

4 years ago I think I weighed in at about 130. Im now sitting at about 175 and trust me, when your lean and cut, chicks

tend to look past the acne pretty quickly.

Do some reading on a few good work out routines. Even working out isn't just as simple as picking up some weights

everyday and doing curls or bench presses.

And last... feed your body. Starving it in the hopes of clear skin is going to get you nowhere.

Edited by Zraden

There are healthy foods high in fats and calories you can eat. Looking at vegan sites will help and guide you as to what those are.

I understand how you feel. I have a hyperactive metabolism. Some people gain like 15lbs in their first year of university, but I dropped 15. I just gained 6lbs back over the past few weeks though. I'm eating a meal every couple of hours and work out a lot. I eat sandwiches, bananas and apples (biggest weight gain fruits), boiled eggs, pasta, lentils, and meat. I know its not a super good diet for someone with acne, but its still a healthy diet and it doesn't cause to break out nearly as much as chips and pops and pizza and other junk food. I have always eaten a ton, but I would just have 3-4 meals a day, now I'm having 6+ and getting some little results. Hopefully I can keep gaining weight. Good luck bro

faster metabolism=more calories "in"=faster weight gain

slower metabolism=less calories "in"=slower weight gain