Notifications
Clear all

I Ama Obsessing So Much Over Acne. Help.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:19 pm

Anybody else just find yourself consumed with thinking of acne acne f***ing acne day and night...?

I mean, its ridiculous, the amount of thought enegry goes through my mind ' will this shampoo break me out?" '

"will this food, will this humidity, will this bad fortune cookie>>.? I can barely enjoy my life and focus on daily activities. I feel I am missing out greatly.

I feel out of control, I have panic attacks and am taking tranqus and just want to stop worrying am I causing my own acne.

I feel stupid, vain, and guitly because people have much more big problems than acne but why cant I just get over it???

Maybe hypnosis would help?

Please someone tell me HOW to stop these obsessive thoughts. Im sorry to sound so whiney but I guess a lot of you feel similar, or hopefully some of you can give me advice.

I might just have to get off this site for a while, maybe its not helping. I dont know.

ps sorry my typing is so bad my nerves are fried lately lol.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:34 pm

You're definitely not alone!

I've been thinking and worrying and obsessing over my acne and my skin a lot lately. I broke down in tears last night over it.

I don't know how to stop this worrying completely apart from reminding yourself that worrying about it isn't going to help your acne heal and clear up and so there is no point to worrying about it as it won't achieve anything except to make yourself anxious. Another thing is to distract your mind with something else. Anything that occupies your mind with something other than acne or your appearance.

Maybe hypnosis is something you want to try but in the mean time, have you tried meditation? You can get meditation apps for relaxation. I think if you're meditating properly you shut out any outside noise and distractions, including your own thoughts, and you focus on the music or what the recording is saying. It's distracting your mind and helping you de-stress which might help.

I also think that although this site has many benefits like being able to talk to people who understand what it's like and getting ideas opinions and reviews on treatments, it also has its negative aspects. The only negative I can think of is that I find it makes you much more conscious of your acne. Before I joined, I had always wanted to get clear skin, but since spending more time on the forums I think it has gotten worse. And as you say, it is like an obsession. So maybe taking some time away from the site might be beneficial?

I think also focusing your attention on another aspect of you could help. Still go about your skin care / acne treatment but just do it and leave it at that and then focus your attention on just being happier or whatever - if that makes sense... haha

Anyway - I hope you found some sort of help in that. Even if it is just knowing that you're not at all alone.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@mellowyyellow1)

Posted : 05/04/2012 11:03 pm

I can definitely relate. I think distraction is important, and also knowledge that THIS IS NOT FOREVER. It may seem like the acne will never go away, but it will! It may take a long time, it may be super gradual, but it will not be there forever.

Find a person that you feel comfortable talking to/getting advice from (maybe a dermatologist that you like, a holistic health counselor, a friend...etc.). I think that talking about it once and a while with someone that you trust, who can also HELP you, makes the obsessive thoughts die down.

I found that when I obsess over my skin, I am usually avoiding something bigger and deeper that's going on in my life (i.e., a big transition or a fight with a friend). I would use anxiety about my appearance to distract me from other stuff that I didn't want to deal with...and when I actually faced those bigger issues, I realized that I didn't have anything to obsess about.

I hope that this helps - like the person before me said, you are not alone!

MemberMember
(@smik)

Posted : 05/04/2012 11:52 pm

Tbh I think you said it well yourself. If you are spending too much time thinking about your acne, then coming on this site is not helping. I think you should refuse to allow yourself to come on here for a month or two, or more. I'm the same way as you, over ANYTHING that I view as a major change in my life. I mean when I think about exercising more, dear god my phone and computer are filled with histories of websites on equipment.

But just chill, cut out the things you think may be oppressing you (like this site) from more important things, and come back when you think you can view it in a more nonchalant way.

MemberMember
(@cherrycat)

Posted : 05/05/2012 1:00 am

Hey Auguries!

Don't worry. And yes it is ok to obsess. I also have panic attacks, think about it all day long, obsess over everything. It is controlling your life, but the key to success is to keep trying!

Have you been doing wingedserpents juice plan?

His plan has been really helping me. I have literally cut back on all carbs and sweets. Well I never ate starchy carbs in the first place (example: I always go to mcdonalds, don't get the fries, don't drink the soda, I get a burger or fish sandwich and I don't eat the bun, or I get a salad). But now with wingedserpents plan I have eliminated all the sweets and sugars and take the B5 supplements, and I think the most important part is healing my body through the veggies.

But also It's important to breath, smile, make yourself happy when you start to spiral into a low. It will get better...acne does heal.... It's just how to prevent new acne from appearing...

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/05/2012 1:52 am

I have eliminated all the sweets and sugars and take the B5 supplements, and I think the most important part is healing my body through the veggies.

But also It's important to breath, smile, make yourself happy when you start to spiral into a low. It will get better...acne does heal.... It's just how to prevent new acne from appearing...

Hi - i know it's off topic but if you don't mind - what brand is the B5 supplement you are using? I've been having trouble finding a supplement that is just B5 where I am in Australia...

I agree with what you said also - it's important to breathe, smile and make yourself happy :)

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/05/2012 1:55 am

panic attacks wtf? just pimples.... relax really.....

mellowyellow-what a bad idea is "just to wait acne to go away" like it wont last forver? why not? what is the diffrence between now and 5 years ahead? nothing, there is a CAUSE, a TRIGGER, and you need to find it now. hoping acne will go away on its own is really wrong thinking.

find your trigger, gluten? dairy? eggs? nuts? oranges? one of them is causing you to break out and it wont stop untill you stop eating this specific food.

instead of crying all day and hoping it will miracly go away on its own, find you TRIGGER and fix the problem.

and B5 wont stop you acne, seriously, nor does fruits. our body is developed to eat fruits without acne reaction.

white sugar is something else, this one you should really avoid.

MemberMember
(@cherrycat)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:23 am

lilly75 - I don't know much about B5. I think it helps oil /fatty acid transport. I have no idea which one to take, I just use amazon and check out reviews.

arqa22- You are right. It is just pimples, relax.

But at some point it - it changes things. It makes you realize you missed out on a fun day, a nice date, a great night, better sex, a family function, being a better co-worker, being a better friend/family member/spouse/bf or gf because you are in a bad mood due to just some pimples. 20 years passes. At some point it makes you so tired of the 20 years you have spent, day in day out, spending hours on end trying to battle with your skin. And the fact that something so small, so vain, so unimportant can cause all this...makes it a much bigger story.

It is not that it's a big deal. I think the main problem is could hinder you from being the best that you can be. And that is a damn shame.

As for me, I think I am pretty unvain. Too unvain. I always was thinking, "ah no big deal, just some pimples, I don't need to be beautiful today!" Well, its been over 15 years.

I regret it. Now I look back and think, maybe I should have been a little more vain.

Anyways, a food is not likely to trigger acne. Unless you have a reaction to it. It is what comprises the food, which can contribute to processes in your body which may effect acne. For example: theory: sugar....corresponds to insulin....corresponds to other hormones....corresponds to androgen receptors in skin....corresponds to oil production. Etc. Or zinc...theory is it does something . Ok that is bad example.

B5 doesn't prevent acne, nobody said it does. It is believed to effect the fatty acid transport though. Might help. Megadosing on it really dries up your skin and has been shown helpful, but that's probably no safer than accutane.

I only mentioned B5 it because it is part of a regimen popular here. Other nutrients are popular too, such as zinc.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:26 am

Maybe you haven't had to deal with acne for years and years or maybe your experience of acne is in it's mild forms but this statement you made surprises me.

You have to understand that everyone's experience with acne, ways of dealing with acne and the way that acne affects one person is different to the next.

The emotional effects of having acne can be horrible. Yes it is 'just pimples' on the surface but the effects can go deeper for some...

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:36 am

oh cmon, thats the fkn reason you still have acne after 15 years:"a food is not likely to trigger acne". really? then how is that when i eat bread, 2 days EXACTLY after that i break out. glass of milk? 2 days later 2 new cystic on my chin.

when i avoid them? wow! suddenly no "hormones"/insulin or whatever the fuk and my skin is clear, amazing!

srsly, if you have acne after 15 years, i dont think your in position to dismiss possible causes, especially when you claim that sugar, wich will eventually convert to glucose[wich is the most natural thing in the world and you cant live without it], causes you to have such a reaction that you have oily skin.

infact, my skin was absolutly dry and i had acne? how is it possible?

and you know how much sugar i eat? 250+ carb everyday.

if the regimen is so popular, why dont everyone use it and get clear already?....

Maybe you haven't had to deal with acne for years and years or maybe your experience of acne is in it's mild forms but this statement you made surprises me.

You have to understand that everyone's experience with acne, ways of dealing with acne and the way that acne affects one person is different to the next.

The emotional effects of having acne can be horrible. Yes it is 'just pimples' on the surface but the effects can go deeper for some...

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/05/2012 5:03 am

your absolutly right, it was mistake that i wrote that. i also suffered really badly to the point that i didnt want to get out of my house, and i didnt get out....

BUT, instead of hoping it to go away on its own, i searched for possible causes and yay! i found them and now im clear [eventhough i still have red marks that take ages to go away]

sucks to go through it hey

I'm still dealing with it and am also looking into causes - i'm past the point of just trying topicals but I'm not keen to go back to antibiotics

hope you end up staying clear and the red marks fade sooner than later :)

lilly75 - I don't know much about B5. I think it helps oil /fatty acid transport. I have no idea which one to take, I just use amazon and check out reviews.

I've heard some good things about B5 - I'm willing to try just about anything too. From what I can remember I think B5 is pantothenic acid and taking higher amounts can help increase some enzyme (coenzyme A?) which effects oil metabolism in some way... don't quote me on that - I'm probably wrong :P Yeah I was just after the brand because I can't find B5 alone - just a B vitamin complex. I'll take a look at amazon then. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@cherrycat)

Posted : 05/05/2012 10:00 am

arqa22 "oh cmon, thats the fkn reason you still have acne after 15 years" - yes , I agree with you. reread what I wrote.

I just said "a food" as a whole is not the reason...in other words.... it is unlikely that only one type of food (e.g. a kiwi) is causing your acne, unless you have an allergy to that food. Your list that you mentioned made it appear you meant a particular food, for example "nuts"...those "nuts" vary greatly in composition and many have specific proteins/amino acids which cause particular allergies.

In other words, I meant that people should be mindful of the full range of foods and the components that they contain. The bread and the particular fruit is probably not the answer, the answer is more likely the sugar or the carbs. or if dairy is a problem....you may need to avoid many sweets and sauces as well...not just "milk".

And I agree with you on the second note, it's probably why I had acne for so long. I was a little girl back then, and I didn't know that I should eat healthily.

Also, I think I always thought that "when college is over" I would have less stress and things would improve. With stress gone things do improve a lot!!! but I do think diet is key.

Also, for females it can be harder to realize that food can be a problem. For example, every month I can be clear for 2 weeks, then a breakout when my hormones act up.

But to end this post, ...... I don't really know if foods will help, they probably will help many, but I don't know if all.

I DO definitely believe, eating great healthy foods WILL help your body to repair, so even if you are not avoiding acne triggering foods, I do think its important to eat the foods (and water) which will help to repair your skin ! Mainly not because of your skin, ...your skin doesn't matter much.... but to take care of your whole body!

and "infact, my skin was absolutly dry and i had acne? how is it possible?"

Lots of people with dry skin have acne, their acne is still due to the sebaceous glands. In fact, dry skin can really cause acne because it does not allow your sebaceous glands to "breath". But people with dry skin still produce oil!!!

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/05/2012 11:09 am

arqa22 "oh cmon, thats the fkn reason you still have acne after 15 years" - yes , I agree with you. reread what I wrote.

I just said "a food" as a whole is not the reason...in other words.... it is unlikely that only one type of food (e.g. a kiwi) is causing your acne, unless you have an allergy to that food. Your list that you mentioned made it appear you meant a particular food, for example "nuts"...those "nuts" vary greatly in composition and many have specific proteins/amino acids which cause particular allergies.

In other words, I meant that people should be mindful of the full range of foods and the components that they contain. The bread and the particular fruit is probably not the answer, the answer is more likely the sugar or the carbs. or if dairy is a problem....you may need to avoid many sweets and sauces as well...not just "milk".

And I agree with you on the second note, it's probably why I had acne for so long. I was a little girl back then, and I didn't know that I should eat healthily.

Also, I think I always thought that "when college is over" I would have less stress and things would improve. With stress gone things do improve a lot!!! but I do think diet is key.

Also, for females it can be harder to realize that food can be a problem. For example, every month I can be clear for 2 weeks, then a breakout when my hormones act up.

But to end this post, ...... I don't really know if foods will help, they probably will help many, but I don't know if all.

I DO definitely believe, eating great healthy foods WILL help your body to repair, so even if you are not avoiding acne triggering foods, I do think its important to eat the foods (and water) which will help to repair your skin ! Mainly not because of your skin, ...your skin doesn't matter much.... but to take care of your whole body!

and "infact, my skin was absolutly dry and i had acne? how is it possible?"

Lots of people with dry skin have acne, their acne is still due to the sebaceous glands. In fact, dry skin can really cause acne because it does not allow your sebaceous glands to "breath". But people with dry skin still produce oil!!!

this is your biggest mistake and probably the reason you still have acne, even if it is written on acne.org that carb cause acne, and wheat/bread connection to acne is a myth, it doesnt mean its true! stop believing this! you still have acne, then something IS WRONG! what is it? something in your diet. glutn/wheat/bread could be one of them, why not to stop eating them for 1 month, or better, avoid gluten+dairy+nuts+eggs+soy+corn+critic acid for 1 month, only 1 month from your long life. its so easy,you cant lose anything. only gain clear skin, and im sure that it will solve your acne problem.

and stress has nothing to do with acne, its a myth, unfortunatly its a very widespread belief here in the forums. sometimes im stressed ALOT, like every day all days for a whole week, and i stay clear.

then 2 weeks later i eat some bread, DANG! 2 days later new cyst has just appeared on my chin. and i had no stress at all on those 2 days before the breakout.

then im clear again..... i eat some cashew nuts. its like autoresponse. 2 days later new bump, deep, red, painful, and i know that in 3-4 days it will come to a head.

for me, its SO OBVIOUS that certain foods do cause acne. so what to do? SIMPLY AVOID THEM, NOTHING CAN EASIER THAN THAT CANT BE.

MemberMember
(@cherrycat)

Posted : 05/05/2012 1:28 pm

yes it is all very obvious. everyone, you need to find the specific food that causes your acne. maybe its Mrs. May's chocolate covered blueberry with almonds.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 05/05/2012 1:35 pm

It's all I think about.. but than I think about this..

In 5 years you're not going to remember those 8-10 pimples are however many there may be on your face. you're going to remember what the better things in life, how fun that party was maybe. It DOES go away maybe not in 1 month, or maybe not in 1 year but overall it will go away and that's that. heh i should take my own advice really I sit in my house and avoid public for this very reason, I have mild and sometimes moderate acne on a bad week but thats life I suppose.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/05/2012 4:59 pm

You're definitely not alone!

I've been thinking and worrying and obsessing over my acne and my skin a lot lately. I broke down in tears last night over it.

I don't know how to stop this worrying completely apart from reminding yourself that worrying about it isn't going to help your acne heal and clear up and so there is no point to worrying about it as it won't achieve anything except to make yourself anxious. Another thing is to distract your mind with something else. Anything that occupies your mind with something other than acne or your appearance.

Maybe hypnosis is something you want to try but in the mean time, have you tried meditation? You can get meditation apps for relaxation. I think if you're meditating properly you shut out any outside noise and distractions, including your own thoughts, and you focus on the music or what the recording is saying. It's distracting your mind and helping you de-stress which might help.

I also think that although this site has many benefits like being able to talk to people who understand what it's like and getting ideas opinions and reviews on treatments, it also has its negative aspects. The only negative I can think of is that I find it makes you much more conscious of your acne. Before I joined, I had always wanted to get clear skin, but since spending more time on the forums I think it has gotten worse. And as you say, it is like an obsession. So maybe taking some time away from the site might be beneficial?

I think also focusing your attention on another aspect of you could help. Still go about your skin care / acne treatment but just do it and leave it at that and then focus your attention on just being happier or whatever - if that makes sense... haha

Anyway - I hope you found some sort of help in that. Even if it is just knowing that you're not at all alone.

Good luck smile.png

Thanks Lily. I have always wanted to meditate but never took it seriously. Ill definately try it without excuse this week.

Thanks for your comment. I might only check this site once a week or something from now on.

I can definitely relate. I think distraction is important, and also knowledge that THIS IS NOT FOREVER. It may seem like the acne will never go away, but it will! It may take a long time, it may be super gradual, but it will not be there forever.

Find a person that you feel comfortable talking to/getting advice from (maybe a dermatologist that you like, a holistic health counselor, a friend...etc.). I think that talking about it once and a while with someone that you trust, who can also HELP you, makes the obsessive thoughts die down.

I found that when I obsess over my skin, I am usually avoiding something bigger and deeper that's going on in my life (i.e., a big transition or a fight with a friend). I would use anxiety about my appearance to distract me from other stuff that I didn't want to deal with...and when I actually faced those bigger issues, I realized that I didn't have anything to obsess about.

I hope that this helps - like the person before me said, you are not alone!

thanks it does help. I know I have other issues than my skin Ive always been a ridiculously nervous type chick. lol

I have eliminated all the sweets and sugars and take the B5 supplements, and I think the most important part is healing my body through the veggies.

Hi - i know it's off topic but if you don't mind - what brand is the B5 supplement you are using? I've been having trouble finding a supplement that is just B5 where I am in Australia...

I agree with what you said also - it's important to breathe, smile and make yourself happy smile.png

Im doing the same thing with the B5 and no sugar. I think its helping but it takes several weeks-3 months to see real results. My skin looks really good today so, maybe its doing something after all. lol

Hey Auguries!

Don't worry. And yes it is ok to obsess. I also have panic attacks, think about it all day long, obsess over everything. It is controlling your life, but the key to success is to keep trying!

Have you been doing wingedserpents juice plan?

His plan has been really helping me. I have literally cut back on all carbs and sweets. Well I never ate starchy carbs in the first place (example: I always go to mcdonalds, don't get the fries, don't drink the soda, I get a burger or fish sandwich and I don't eat the bun, or I get a salad). But now with wingedserpents plan I have eliminated all the sweets and sugars and take the B5 supplements, and I think the most important part is healing my body through the veggies.

hi!

I just started a week ago doing the juicing and the rest of that plan. To be honest I think its helping but is too early to tell. It does feel good knowing that youre doing something proactive doesnt it? I might decide to take a break from this site and update at the 3 month mark.

Hope it works for you too. It cant hurt at all , anyhow.

mellowyellow-what a bad idea is "just to wait acne to go away" like it wont last forver? why not? what is the diffrence between now and 5 years ahead? nothing, there is a CAUSE, a TRIGGER, and you need to find it now. hoping acne will go away on its own is really wrong thinking.

find your trigger, gluten? dairy? eggs? nuts? oranges? one of them is causing you to break out and it wont stop untill you stop eating this specific food.

instead of crying all day and hoping it will miracly go away on its own, find you TRIGGER and fix the problem.

and B5 wont stop you acne, seriously, nor does fruits. our body is developed to eat fruits without acne reaction.

white sugar is something else, this one you should really avoid.

Ive been trying to find the triggers actually, but I just began recently . One step at a time. Its not easy when everyone in your personal life doesnt believe in it and support you. I plan to do more eliminations but I dont eat sugary stuff, soda or anything like that really. Time will tell if I cut out gluten, my skin is better since I have started the juicing plan, but i dont want to go completely bonkers thinking of all this stuff. My only question is why dont a lot of people with known gluten allergies have acne?Is it just "how one happens to react"?

I agree. Maybe I am just a more weak person than some. I admire people with big challenges who just dont seem to let it bother them much but Im not quite there yet.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/06/2012 2:09 am

hy dont a lot of people with known gluten allergies have acne?Is it just "how one happens to react"?

why some people have allergy to eggs? some to almonds? some to bananas? some have acne from dairy and some have acne from corn? but theres another one that has acne from soy. and another one that doesnt have acne to soy but has stomach pain from soy. why do we all respond diffrently? cuz we are all diffrent!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/06/2012 6:49 pm

well sonce you give good reasons and speak in an informed way Im more likely to give it a try.

How long

hy dont a lot of people with known gluten allergies have acne?Is it just "how one happens to react"?

why some people have allergy to eggs? some to almonds? some to bananas? some have acne from dairy and some have acne from corn? but theres another one that has acne from soy. and another one that doesnt have acne to soy but has stomach pain from soy. why do we all respond diffrently? cuz we are all diffrent!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/06/2012 9:40 pm

I agree. Maybe I am just a more weak person than some. I admire people with big challenges who just dont seem to let it bother them much but Im not quite there yet.

I wonder this sometimes too - if I am 'weak' because my acne upsets me.

I don't think it means I am weak. It is something that is hard to deal with, especially when you have been dealing with it for years.

I also think that the way you think about things is important - you know, the whole 'positive thinking' outlook - I try not to think of myself as weak now - it doesn't help me feel good about myself and I want to feel good about myself and I'm slowly working on my confidence.

I also admire those with big challenges who don't seem to let it affect them - I'm not quite there yet either - I think it's good to acknowledge that - but I'm working on it too.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/07/2012 3:31 am

well sonce you give good reasons and speak in an informed way Im more likely to give it a try.

How long

A few more questions, do you eat rice and rice producst? and how do you deal with eating when yourw away or visiting people and cant make your won food. Im going on a trip in a week and I might try this once I get back as I dont know what kind of food will be available.

I have been eating more good foods for me lately. I havent cut out gluten yet. what can you eat for breakfast? I guess oatmeal... I dont eat a lot of bread/pasta but i do eat stuff which has gluten definately. I hardly eat dairy either but again its in some things.

You know...Id rather just get the digestive symptoms its easier to identify and it really makes you NOT want the food at all lol.

How long did it take you to clear up and how long have you been clear?

rice=safe, i eat alot of rice.

buckwheat is also a great choice, its safe.

what is the problem to deal with what i eat when im away? does all the food "away" is only icecream and pasta?

if you ask for specific foods when your away, so.... im sure there will be meat/fish, that covers your protein need. ALL fruits are safe [except when you want to avoid critic acid so you should avoid oranges, but for now cuntiune consume critic acid cuz the change you have acne cuz of it is VERY LOW].

so meat for protein, fruits for carb. fat? i personally eat peanuts or more currectly peanut butter. but i dont advice you to do that while you go on this "100% elimination diet" cuz you might breakout from peanuts or any kind of nut, you cant be sure untill you avoid it.

its pretty hard to say what you can eat cuz you can eat so many foods, all fatty/greasy foods are also safe, they have nothing to do with acne if you wonder.

in the worst case scenario, you can eat only meat/fish and fruits/vegetables, you will be just fine even if you will eat that for the rest of your life. and ofcourse drink water only, atleast for couple of weeks just to ruleout soft drinks.... but you should avoid them anyway cuz its just water+added sugar.

nothing wrong with sugar on its own, but white sugar is crap..

good foods has nothing to do with acne, foods that are will not make acne go away. it goues the other way, BAD FOODS WILL CAUSE ACNE.

you can eat the healthiest diet in the world and be the most healthy person in the world, but if soy breaks you out and you eat soy, YOU WILL HAVE ACNE. no matter how many "good foods" you eat.

oatmeat=gluten.

for me, if i heard that there is a 0.000001% chance that something may cause my acne, i avoided it RIGHT AWAY. at least just to rule out the possibilty that it causes my acne. i dont know, maybe i was really desperate to clear my face, but thats how it was for me.

how long did it take for me to clear away after i avoided my food triggers [and lowered the amount of masturbation lol, but i dont think its the case for you], 2-3 days never had a new pimple again. once i found out that gluten+dairy+chashew+almonds breakme out. from the day i avoided them, i never had new pimples forming.

how long? like 2 month or something like that. my only problem is the red marks that are still present..... they fade really slow. but they will go away eventually.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/07/2012 8:26 am

How long

A few more questions, do you eat rice and rice producst? and how do you deal with eating when yourw away or visiting people and cant make your won food. Im going on a trip in a week and I might try this once I get back as I dont know what kind of food will be available.

I have been eating more good foods for me lately. I havent cut out gluten yet. what can you eat for breakfast? I guess oatmeal... I dont eat a lot of bread/pasta but i do eat stuff which has gluten definately. I hardly eat dairy either but again its in some things.

You know...Id rather just get the digestive symptoms its easier to identify and it really makes you NOT want the food at all lol.

what is the problem to deal with what i eat when im away? does all the food "away" is only icecream and pasta?

if you ask for specific foods when your away, so.... im sure there will be meat/fish, that covers your protein need. ALL fruits are safe [except when you want to avoid critic acid so you should avoid oranges, but for now cuntiune consume critic acid cuz the change you have acne cuz of it is VERY LOW].

so meat for protein, fruits for carb. fat? i personally eat peanuts or more currectly peanut butter. but i dont advice you to do that while you go on this "100% elimination diet" cuz you might breakout from peanuts or any kind of nut, you cant be sure untill you avoid it.

its pretty hard to say what you can eat cuz you can eat so many foods, all fatty/greasy foods are also safe, they have nothing to do with acne if you wonder.

in the worst case scenario, you can eat only meat/fish and fruits/vegetables, you will be just fine even if you will eat that for the rest of your life. and ofcourse drink water only, atleast for couple of weeks just to ruleout soft drinks.... but you should avoid them anyway cuz its just water+added sugar.

good foods has nothing to do with acne, foods that are will not make acne go away. it goues the other way, BAD FOODS WILL CAUSE ACNE.

you can eat the healthiest diet in the world and be the most healthy person in the world, but if soy breaks you out and you eat soy, YOU WILL HAVE ACNE. no matter how many "good foods" you eat.

oatmeat=gluten.

for me, if i heard that there is a 0.000001% chance that something may cause my acne, i avoided it RIGHT AWAY. at least just to rule out the possibilty that it causes my acne. i dont know, maybe i was really desperate to clear my face, but thats how it was for me.

how long did it take for me to clear away after i avoided my food triggers [and lowered the amount of masturbation lol, but i dont think its the case for you], 2-3 days never had a new pimple again. once i found out that gluten+dairy+chashew+almonds breakme out. from the day i avoided them, i never had new pimples forming.

how long? like 2 month or something like that. my only problem is the red marks that are still present..... they fade really slow. but they will go away eventually.

sounds good that you saw such fast results. I dont think peanuts are a trigger for me as I have never broken out after eating them or peanut butter. I think cashews are likely just evil, after all they are related to poison sumac! I didnt know oatmeal has gluten in it either. I never drink soda or most juices except fresh vegetable juice and occasisonally grape or apple which I make myself.

So the best way to simply put it is "acne is an allergic reaction to certain foods". I sounds more plausible when you say it that way, a lot of people break out from shellfish and peanuts and nobdoy says its all in their head. I have a friend who is allergic to (among many others) corn and corn syrup, she gets hives when its hidden in her food. She eats really crappy and stuff like chocolate bars and pasta with cream sauce . Poor thing has scars all over her body and face, her immune system is really f***ed up. Despite all that, shes never been that cautious unfortunately. And she is a chain smoker, that cant be doing any good :-(

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/07/2012 10:48 am

How long

oatmeat=gluten.

sounds good that you saw such fast results. I dont think peanuts are a trigger for me as I have never broken out after eating them or peanut butter. I think cashews are likely just evil, after all they are related to poison sumac! I didnt know oatmeal has gluten in it either. I never drink soda or most juices except fresh vegetable juice and occasisonally grape or apple which I make myself.

So the best way to simply put it is "acne is an allergic reaction to certain foods". I sounds more plausible when you say it that way, a lot of people break out from shellfish and peanuts and nobdoy says its all in their head. I have a friend who is allergic to (among many others) corn and corn syrup, she gets hives when its hidden in her food. She eats really crappy and stuff like chocolate bars and pasta with cream sauce . Poor thing has scars all over her body and face, her immune system is really f***ed up. Despite all that, shes never been that cautious unfortunately. And she is a chain smoker, that cant be doing any good whistling.gif(

so your going on this elimination diet now? if you do please update

MemberMember
(@supbro93)

Posted : 05/07/2012 11:55 am

lol at tags. I can relate so much, just that i have redmarks and redness, obsess over lighting, things that make me warm which makes it look worse. Whatever, it will be over soon

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/09/2012 9:13 am

lol at tags. I can relate so much, just that i have redmarks and redness, obsess over lighting, things that make me warm which makes it look worse. Whatever, it will be over soon

what do you mean exactly?

MemberMember
(@supbro93)

Posted : 05/09/2012 12:24 pm

what do you mean exactly?

I have the same obsession as you do, jus tthat i have red marks and not active acne, what don't you understand? ;)