Notifications
Clear all

What My Face Looks Like Now After Using Water Only

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:03 pm

Using water 3x a day has given me pretty good results in 7 weeks. Topicals suck!

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:04 pm

Pics?

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:04 pm

DSC06744.jpg

old scar on my left side

problem area was around chin/mouth for the most part.

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:06 pm

for some reason it wont let me see it:(

but glad you're getting results!!

I might try this

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:07 pm

My routine is wake up. pour water on my face. go to the kitchen and grab a lime/lemon and drink it straight (no water or anything else added - straight shot of a lemon/lime). wait an hour then eat. 6 hours later i pour water on again. 6 hours later pour water again. before going to bed i drink another lemon/lime on an empty stomach. masturbate/sex only once every 3 days. i don't scrub or touch or put anything on my skin besides water - let it air dry!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:08 pm

lemon juice substitute for lemon?

and alright,keep up the sex surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:10 pm

no.. you want the real thing. i am drinking this mainly for the Vitamin C for past red marks... it's also really good overall for your body as it helps to alkalize it.

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:11 pm

alright, i might start to try this,thanks :D

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:15 pm

hope it helps you! you will see results weekly after your face (might) goes into a little a detox phase. it takes i think around 6 weeks for a new layer of skin to turn over and form, so if you've been jammig the topicals on for years it can take 2-3 months to start seeing some great results.

MemberMember
(@falcon8334)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:17 pm

One more thing,

you said you just let your face air dry?

so you dont dry it with a towel after you shower?

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 05/04/2012 10:20 pm

nope, no towel or nothing. let it be. your face feels freaking good too when you let it air dry! putting water on your skin 3x a day helps dry it enough to where dead skin will start to leave your face in the gentlest form there is. i think if you follow my routine you will be pretty happy with the results so long as you stick to it - not promising anything, but hey, every product out there tells you it gets worse before it gets better, right?

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 07/24/2012 5:30 pm

hey guys not sure how many of you took some of my advice, but it has been about 4 months now of me following this regimen religiously and here is a picture i just took (unedited, minus the black ha).

some things i've changed: i splash water instead of pour (it works a lot better) - I will do 30 splashes 3x a day and then let it air dry. I also now only have one lemon/lime a day (in the morning) as opposed to having another before bed. Also I seem to have started getting the best/consistent results once I started having sex/masturbated once a day (or every other day). Go figure! I was doing it once every 3 days but doing it every day or every other day works best for me now. I thought masturbation/sex was the cause but now that my face is healed up I can masturbate 2x a day (not that I do) and no ill effects to my face at all. Just do it fast and don't ride the orgasm out (aka don't stop while doing it ..get it over with fast) if you get the urge. For me in recent weeks it's almost like if I do it too little, my face starts looking worse.. so i dunno. Try experimenting and noting the correlation it has with you because it is definitely a trigger for me if I don't keep it consistent.

small tips & lifestyle choices I follow:

-wake up and chug 2 glasses of water and then drink 1 lemon/lime 30min later.Breakfast 30min after that.

-around 5pm I will have 3 glasses of water and I am done for the day. (no food/or any liquids after - I eat dinner early).

-get outside and get some vitamin D. DON'T use lotions/sunscreens. 15min. if you are caucasian. 30min if you are dark skinned. I will go out for an hour on the weekend and hang out by the pool because I have built a tolerance slowly over summer and my diet is rich is fruits/vegetables/legumes/whole grains. Just be smart about it. Not wearing sunglasses also helps protect your skin from further burning because your body isn't tricked to thinking it is night time and melanin is able to be used more efficiently. Wear a hat, and protective clothing instead of sunscreen when spending additional time outdoors, but really, a tan built gradually over time is your best defense along with high antioxidant foods. Vitamin D is fat soluble so just make sure to get it in via the sun every now and then to keep it at a good level.

-get rid/minimize of meat and dairy. Although I had gotten rid of these two for a while and they were not directly the cause of my breakouts (to my knowledge), they will slow down your system a lot and are not the healthiest ..especially with all the hormones and crap in them.

-walk a few miles a week. i'll personally sometimes walk 4-5 in a day. Good for the mind, gets the blood flowing and gets you sweating. Being outside in warm weather is like a mini detox/sauna and feels awesome.

-PATIENCE.patience.PATIENCE. This is a 2 steps forward, 1 step back type of regimen.

good luck and I hope this can help at least one person!

DSC06835.jpg

MemberMember
(@thetruthhurts)

Posted : 07/24/2012 6:49 pm

I totally second the water only regimen. I've been doing this for about 6 months now and I can successfully say that I have not seen a single pimple form in my T area since. I would 100000% recommend everyone to try this out. You don't have to rub or scrub, just simply splash water or cup water towards your face. My skin Now isn't as oily as it used to be (Due to over washing) and I don't see the need to be washing my face in the mornings anymore, which I also had stopped doing since I started the water only. I beleive I only need 1 wash and that is at night with just water.

MemberMember
(@letsdoit)

Posted : 07/24/2012 6:58 pm

I totally second the water only regimen. I've been doing this for about 6 months now and I can successfully say that I have not seen a single pimple form in my T area since. I would 100000% recommend everyone to try this out. You don't have to rub or scrub, just simply splash water or cup water towards your face. My skin Now isn't as oily as it used to be (Due to over washing) and I don't see the need to be washing my face in the mornings anymore, which I also had stopped doing since I started the water only. I beleive I only need 1 wash and that is at night with just water.

right on, bro. good job! next month I will drop the noon wash and just do morning and night. it's all about taking the chance and not looking back. that way you just have to focus on the inside cause and not worry about some chemical perhaps triggering further problems - which was when my breakouts truly started to consistently come. there are so many water only success stories to gain motivation on this site.. mine is just another one, although i refuse to get too ahead of myself just yet.. it's annoying how i can still wake up wondering whether i've had a bad breakout over night. it will take another half year to get rid of this mentality for sure.

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/29/2012 5:27 am

Alright.

So, I want to try this, but I'm slightly nervous.

I currently drink 16 cups of water and 3 cups of specific tea a day. I use Burt Bees exfoliater in the shower and then but on a super concentrated green tea homemade toner afterwards.

It's a lot of stuff for me to do in one day, and I still have bumps in my t-zone! It's frustrating!

Can I do this without drinking the lemon/lime?

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/29/2012 9:07 pm

Alright.

I currently drink 16 cups of water and 3 cups of specific tea a day. I use Burt Bees exfoliater in the shower and then but on a super concentrated green tea homemade toner afterwards.

It's a lot of stuff for me to do in one day, and I still have bumps in my t-zone! It's frustrating!

Which Burt's Bees product do you use exactly and do you feel that it has been helpful?

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/29/2012 10:25 pm

Alright.

Which Burt's Bees product do you use exactly and do you feel that it has been helpful?

Oh. Haha, I'm so sorry! I made a typo. I constantly mix these two products up.

I meant St. Ives.

I use the St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control.

My opinion on it is... well, the one part of my face which has NEVER had acne - which is my cheeks - are CONSTANTLY soft and smooth now, unlike before when they would be soft only when I was out of the shower.

However, my forehead, nose, and chin - all where my acne has always been (combination skin, you know) - haven't improved at all. The sides of my nose seem a tad better, but it's not a dramatic improvement. In truth, I feel like my chin is redder than before.

I feel it's been nice to my cheeks, but that wasn't what I was trying to improve to begin with, since they don't have acne anyway.

So, not that well.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/30/2012 12:14 am

That cleanser has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which may be irrating the areas where you are broken out. Plus those walnut shells are a little harsh. And the 2.0% Salicylic Acid is just being washed away.

If you wear make-up I think it will be hard to just clean with water, but if not, maybe you should try it. I was hesitant too, but now the thought of using cleanser is unthinkable, but I don't wear make-up. All I use on my skin is the green tea toner with a few drops of apple cider vinegar added.

Have you ever tried sulfur for your acne-prone areas?

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/30/2012 1:51 am

That cleanser has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which may be irrating the areas where you are broken out. Plus those walnut shells are a little harsh. And the 2.0% Salicylic Acid is just being washed away.

If you wear make-up I think it will be hard to just clean with water, but if not, maybe you should try it. I was hesitant too, but now the thought of using cleanser is unthinkable, but I don't wear make-up. All I use on my skin is the green tea toner with a few drops of apple cider vinegar added.

Ah, that explains a lot. SLS is pretty harsh and irritating - I had to buy shampoo and conditioner free of it because I had scalp acne occurring awhile ago, too.

I never have worn makeup, so then this should be something for me to think about. I use the same toner as you, and I have acv stored up in my cabinet somewhere. Heck, I used to drink 1 tbsp of it a night because I heard it can help acne that way. But I threw up one night and I can't handle that anymore. Adding a few drops in the toner is a good idea because I don't have any other uses for it.

Do you do what the OP here does? Do you pour water on your face 3 times daily and let it air dry, also? :)

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/30/2012 8:31 am

Ah, that explains a lot. SLS is pretty harsh and irritating - I had to buy shampoo and conditioner free of it because I had scalp acne occurring awhile ago, too.

I never have worn makeup, so then this should be something for me to think about. I use the same toner as you, and I have acv stored up in my cabinet somewhere. Heck, I used to drink 1 tbsp of it a night because I heard it can help acne that way. But I threw up one night and I can't handle that anymore. Adding a few drops in the toner is a good idea because I don't have any other uses for it.

Do you do what the OP here does? Do you pour water on your face 3 times daily and let it air dry, also? smile.png

No, I don't splash with plain water because the pH of plain tap water.is too high to combat acne. but I do splash (and rub in) with the green tea toner 2-3 times a day. I decided to add a few drops of ACV to the toner to bring it down to 5.0-5.5 pH range. I only add a few drops of the ACV - the smell is nauseating and no way can I handle that smell all day long, but the green tea masks the few drops. Anyway, if you use distilled water to make your green tea toner the pH will be 6.0. For every 1/4 cup I add either one drop of lemon or 2 drops of ACV to bring the level down to 5.5. So what I do is for every 1/2 cup I add 1 drop of lemon and 2 drops of ACV. Lately I have been adding a few dropsof Epsom Salts for the magnesium content...I'm in experimental stages with that. I don't add sea salt to the whole batch but I do keep a batch with sea salt in a little eye dropper bottle for spot treating. Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/30/2012 1:14 pm

Do you do what the OP here does? Do you pour water on your face 3 times daily and let it air dry, also? smile.png

No, I don't splash with plain water because the pH of plain tap water.is too high to combat acne. but I do splash (and rub in) with the green tea toner 2-3 times a day. I decided to add a few drops of ACV to the toner to bring it down to 5.0-5.5 pH range. I only add a few drops of the ACV - the smell is nauseating and no way can I handle that smell all day long, but the green tea masks the few drops. Anyway, if you use distilled water to make your green tea toner the pH will be 6.0. For every 1/4 cup I add either one drop of lemon or 2 drops of ACV to bring the level down to 5.5. So what I do is for every 1/2 cup I add 1 drop of lemon and 2 drops of ACV. Lately I have been adding a few dropsof Epsom Salts for the magnesium content...I'm in experimental stages with that. I don't add sea salt to the whole batch but I do keep a batch with sea salt in a little eye dropper bottle for spot treating. Hope that helps!

Wow, thank you so much! I'm going to try that, then.

I appreciate how you explained it in pH ranges. That way I can understand better what I'm putting on my face so I can try not to ruin my acid mantle, I believe it's called.

That's very helpful, again. Thank you so much! :P

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/30/2012 1:37 pm

I appreciate how you explained it in pH ranges. That way I can understand better what I'm putting on my face so I can try not to ruin my acid mantle, I believe it's called.

That's very helpful, again. Thank you so much! tongue.png

The city of live in sends out a water quality report and the pH is listed as 8.0. That helped me understand why my skin always feels so tight. I then ordered some pH strips and the tap water read 7.0. I don't know what accounts for the difference - either the tests strips aren't all that accurate (hope not!) or the pH changes as it travels through the pipes leading to my faucets. Anyway, I decided to always apply something to my face after a shower that is pH balanced. I decided on distilled water and green tea that measssures 6.0 with the addition of lemon or ACV to bring it down to between 5.0 - 5.5. From what I read the P. acne bacteria does not do well in this slightly acidic environment. In no way do I want to support those creeps!

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/30/2012 3:24 pm

That's very helpful, again. Thank you so much! tongue.png

The city of live in sends out a water quality report and the pH is listed as 8.0. That helped me understand why my skin always feels so tight. I then ordered some pH strips and the tap water read 7.0. I don't know what accounts for the difference - either the tests strips aren't all that accurate (hope not!) or the pH changes as it travels through the pipes leading to my faucets. Anyway, I decided to always apply something to my face after a shower that is pH balanced. I decided on distilled water and green tea that measssures 6.0 with the addition of lemon or ACV to bring it down to between 5.0 - 5.5. From what I read the P. acne bacteria does not do well in this slightly acidic environment. In no way do I want to support those creeps!

Ooooh, I should check the water quality in my city, seeing as I don't know. I use tap water for my green tea toner, but I remember the OP from that board said purified water is the best. So I'm thinking about trying Smart Water or something next time.

It's good that you leveled out the pH that way! I bet your skin is looking fabulous now!

It's also good that you stopped putting a bunch of potentially harmful chemicals on your face that, honestly, might have been contributing to the problem. I'm going to try and cut out the exfoliater tonight and add some acv to my toner. I hope that helps. :D

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 07/30/2012 7:59 pm

Ooooh, I should check the water quality in my city, seeing as I don't know. I use tap water for my green tea toner, but I remember the OP from that board said purified water is the best. So I'm thinking about trying Smart Water or something next time.

It's good that you leveled out the pH that way! I bet your skin is looking fabulous now!

It's also good that you stopped putting a bunch of potentially harmful chemicals on your face that, honestly, might have been contributing to the problem. I'm going to try and cut out the exfoliater tonight and add some acv to my toner. I hope that helps. biggrin.png

Up until recently I never thought my face was clean unless it was "squeaky" clean, but then I had to add a moisturizer to take away the tightness. Now I realize that our skin makes it's own oil to protect us and there I was washing it all away with irritants. With my lifestyle, I doubt my face gets so dirty that I have to scrub it clean. Anyway, try it and see how it goes...

MemberMember
(@pikachucupcake)

Posted : 07/31/2012 4:21 pm

It's also good that you stopped putting a bunch of potentially harmful chemicals on your face that, honestly, might have been contributing to the problem. I'm going to try and cut out the exfoliater tonight and add some acv to my toner. I hope that helps. biggrin.png

Up until recently I never thought my face was clean unless it was "squeaky" clean, but then I had to add a moisturizer to take away the tightness. Now I realize that our skin makes it's own oil to protect us and there I was washing it all away with irritants. With my lifestyle, I doubt my face gets so dirty that I have to scrub it clean. Anyway, try it and see how it goes...

I was exactly the same way.

It's pretty funny. People get rid of their acne, but still crave the perfect skin. I know if I ever get rid of my acne I'd still be trying to get perfect soft skin, and no scars. Which is probably stupid because I've seen people ruin their faces with products trying to achieve that.

And thank you. :)