Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obii

Drysol For Oily Skin?

I was recently prescribed Drysol for my sweaty armpits, and it occured to me that I might be able to apply it to my face and see good results. After googling it, I can't find anything about it other than an old thread on these same forums that never got a response. My question is, would it be safe to try out the Drysol on my face? Does anyone have any experience using it, on their face or other?

Edit: For reference, I have extremely oily skin, to the point where I'm literally slathered in a layer of grease 30 minutes or so out of the shower.

Edited by Obii

I wouldnt have thought this was a good idea. Sweat and oil are different things to start with, and most deodorants are extremely drying, and also pore blocking...which would likely make your skin worse.

Yeah I was actually perscribed the same thing for my very sweaty hands(yes I have sweaty hands + oily skin my life sucks haha). But I thought the same thing about trying this for my oily skin on my face. But the thing is, with this medication, it works by clogging your pores. So by putting this on your face it would clog your pores and would probably cause acne. I mean you could try it if you really wanted to see what would happen.

^ How about you try it first and let me know how it goes? wink.png haha

It was just a thought. Sweat is definitely a necessary thing, and the blocking of the pores wouldn't be a good idea, so I probably won't try it, even though if you've seen my other threads you'd know I'm pretty much down to try whatever anyone says might work at this point. Thanks for the info. It's such a shame that they can instantly prescribe you stuff that stops sweat production within a few days, but not oil.

On a different note, has anyone tried Spironalactone?

Edited by Obii