Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcon8334

Acne Help + Question Help(With Pictures)

Well Ive been on Benzaclin and differin for 5 weeks so far.(Benzaclin in the morning, other at night)

Ive seen minor results so far. (says it should take about 12 weeks for full results)

Most of them are scars, and some are pimples.

But the redness realy makes things worse, like alot.

Idk if these topical treatments are working, so if anybody has used these, let me know how they worked for you.

PLease helps (:

post-175879-0-34389200-1336185775_thumb.

post-175879-0-79572500-1336185831_thumb.

Scale 1-10,how bad?

post-175879-0-34389200-1336185775_thumb.

post-175879-0-79572500-1336185831_thumb.

Aww, sorry man... it takes a lot more time than 5 weeks. I didn't start seeing consistant results until twice that long with Differin and Duac.

If its any consulation, by 14 weeks I was crystal clear. :]

And the redness WILL go away. I've now been on Differin and Duac for 8 months and my PIH is starting to subside a LOT. I look almost normal again... just hang on. You can do it! When its all over, it will just seem like a bad dream and you'll be able to move right along. I know it will get better. :]

And I know guys with worse acne who live perfectly normal lives. It can't stop you unless you let it! And besides, when people look at you and talk to you, they don't really notice your skin. They look at your eyes and your lips.

look, using BP or other creams could help you. BUT, its TEMPORARY. once you stop using it, acne will come back.

thats why you need to find the CAUSE of your acne, the TRIGGER.

do you avoid the possible acne food triggers?

im not talking about fatty/grease foods, fat is healthy.

im talking about:gluten, dairy, nuts, eggs, corn and critic acid.

If you strip all dairy from your body ... in a month your going to make your self very lactose intolerant.

After that happens something as little as a piece of cheese or cup of yoghurt will leave you on your knees

with stomach pain and gas. When you stop all dairy, your body stops making the enzymes that break down dairy

and you can never get them back. You body will never produce them again.

If your concerned about food triggers ,,,, try reducing them. But unless you plan on saying goodbye to ice cream, milk,

cheese, mike shakes, ice cream cakes, blizzards, yoghurt, chocolate milk and cereal forever ,,,,, don't give up dairy.

Also, if you strip all dairy, nuts and eggs from your diet, you just lost major sources for protein so ... after that .. its nothing but steak for you for the rest of your life.

Edited by Zraden

If you strip all dairy from your body ... in a month your going to make your self very lactose intolerant.

After that happens something as little as a piece of cheese or cup of yoghurt will leave you on your knees

with stomach pain and gas. When you stop all dairy, your body stops making the enzymes that break down dairy

and you can never get them back. You body will never produce them again.

If your concerned about food triggers ,,,, try reducing them. But unless you plan on saying goodbye to ice cream, milk,

cheese, mike shakes, ice cream cakes, blizzards, yoghurt, chocolate milk and cereal forever ,,,,, don't give up dairy.

Also, if you strip all dairy, nuts and eggs from your diet, you just lost major sources for protein so ... after that .. its nothing but steak for you for the rest of your life.

dairy=total crap. there is a good reason a big amount of the population is lactose intolarant and have problembs with dairy. especially the dairy we get today, full of hormones/antibiotics/silicon/everything the cow ate>all this in your tasty milk. did you ever seen any other animal that drinks milk of another animal? and ADULTS? LOL.

As enstein said:"only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. and i'm not sure about the former"

cow milk is for cow babies, not for human babies and especially not for adults!

if you prefer having acne just to have this tasty feeling for couple of seconds from ice cream, fine! your choice!

and eggs/nuts are not a must, its POSSIBLE.

i said, avoid them for 1 month right? i never said to avoid forever.

after this month once your clear, reintroduce each food one by one and see if hes causing a reaction.

for ME, cashew and almonds cause acne. peanuts are safe.

so if you only "reduce dairy" or just have it sometimes here and there, or any food that cause acne. stop crying [not you secificly] and look for a miracle cure for acne, it is your fault you eat acne food triggers and have acne!

Edited by arqa22

i said, avoid them for 1 month right? i never said to avoid forever.

after this month once your clear, reintroduce each food one by one and see if hes causing a reaction.

for ME, cashew and almonds cause acne. peanuts are safe.

so if you only "reduce dairy" or just have it sometimes here and there, or any food that cause acne. stop crying [not you secificly] and look for a miracle cure for acne, it is your fault you eat acne food triggers and have acne!

You dont get the choice. There is no "1 month" with dairy. Then reintroduce it. You stop

taking dairy.... its for life. You body stops making the enzymes that break down dairy products as soon as you

stop consuming them thus making you lactose intolerant... for life. You can not ever .... ever.. ever get those enzymes back.

When there gone .... there gone.

theres a reason they are gone, cuz u arent supposed to eat dairy in the first place as an adult, but even if you do develop lactose intolarance, you can go and by those enzyms in health store. so lets say you take 1 pill and you can eat dairy for 3-4 hours.

and lets say dairy causes you to breakout, are you going to have acne untill your last day just to eat another icecream or pizza? cmon...

Edited by arqa22

theres a reason they are gone, cuz u arent supposed to eat dairy in the first place as an adult, but even if you do. you can develop lactose intolarance, you can go and by those enzyms in health store. so lets say you take 1 pill and you can eat dairy for 3-4 hours.

and lets say dairy causes you to breakout, are you going to have acne untill your last day just to eat another icecream or pizza? cmon...

OMGeusa_doh.gifeusa_wall.gif

All Im saying is .. if your going to give people information or suggestions to "Quit Dairy" make sure you give them "ALL"

the information. That if your going to quit dairy... its not for a month ... its for life.

No one wants to have to run to the health food store for pills every time they want some ice cream because

they thought they could give it up dairy for a month and then reintroduce it in to there system latter

if they decided it wasn't a trigger for them.

theres a reason they are gone, cuz u arent supposed to eat dairy in the first place as an adult, but even if you do. you can develop lactose intolarance, you can go and by those enzyms in health store. so lets say you take 1 pill and you can eat dairy for 3-4 hours.

OMGeusa_doh.gifeusa_wall.gif

All Im saying is .. if your going to give people information or suggestions to "Quit Dairy" make sure you give them "ALL"

the information. That if your going to quit dairy... its not for a month ... its for life.

No one wants to have to run to the health food store for pills every time they want some ice cream because

they thought they could give it up dairy for a month and then reintroduce it in to there system latter

if they decided it wasn't a trigger for them.

My partner actually gave up dairy as she believed that she had a lactose allergy (incorrectly so, as it turns out) and she didn't eat dairy (or anythingthat could potentially contain traces of dairy) for three years.

She then found out she wasn't allergic to dairy and now happily eats dairy with no problems at all.

I also know vegans who did not eat dairy for years but have then "fallen off the wagon" and eaten dairy with no issues either.

Thats pretty crazy. A friend of mine gave up dairy for 3 months. After that, if he even goes near dairy,

hes on the floor in gas and pain. It also depends on some dairy. Cheese and yoghurt are usually

a little easier to process then things like whole milk.