Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my acne cure is simple: WATER. for the past 4 years i've been battling with mild and consistent acne trying nearly every product on the market with NO success. anyways, it just occured to me that all of my friends who don't give a damn about their skin and only seem to rinse their face with water have CLEAR skin. so, for the past 2 weeks i've been doing nothing but washing my face with water in the shower once a day. and guess what? i am 100% clear. sure i still have my scars, but they will fade with time. i believe the reason water works is because most of the products on the market are too harsh on the skin. the amount of the population with acne has grown rapidly the past 20 years, and guess why? because all of these products out there that don't actually work and only contribute to the acne. I mean, do you think that if someone wanted their product to sell, they would want their customers to buy it once and thats all? NO, these makers of acne products KNOW the product won't work, so that you will keep coming back to buy more and more until you finally realize it isn't doing jack shit. anyways, i just thought i'd share what has worked for me, cause i hear alot of you saying stuff like "i've tried EVERYTHING but nothing seems to work". well, try one thing and one thing only: water

This is good advice for "SOME" people...but definitely NOT everyone. If you are using a product that is overly drying out your skin and causing irritation then yes - you are probably causing more harm than good. However, just water will not cure you. I gave up on acne products for 2 years (age 20 and 21) and had little success. I didnt get any worse and I did not get any better. I just saved money.

The problem with "just water" is that it doesnt kill any acne forming bacteria. You skin is never clean...thus it doesnt help you fight breakouts. However, doing "just water" doesnt dry you out and cause massive irritation which leads to further breakouts. You need to find a happy medium...for some people with very mild acne - that may just be water or a very mild cleansor...but for the vast majority of us...a little BP will help more.

I know..that's why I said it was good advice for some people. There are a LOT of young people that come to this forum and take things as gosple. They need to know both sides...I was just trying to point out the good and the bad so that someone who reads this can make a more educated decision.

Just washing with water especially applies to adults with mild acne. I know a lot of adults with acne that have told me what they do and it seems like they're aggravating their skin and prolonging their condition. Once you get adult acne and it's not serious, the best thing topically you can do is be a gentle as possible with your skin.

I all depends on your skin type people with normal skin almost never get acne. Most people with normal skin only use a mild soap/cleaser and a moisturizer and there good. If a person with normal skin start using a whole buch of crap on ther face then that could be causeing there acne. If you have mild acne you might want to try simpling you rotine like I did Cleanse, Moisturize, Spot treat (when needed).

I think anyone doing the "nothing" method should at least wash with a gentle cleanser.. water aint gonna clean ya much.. and I for one like to feel clean.

when are you considered and adult? 21? 22? because teen acne is easy to classify...simply when you're in your teens. wink.gif for some people who have had acne since adolescence and on into adulthood this method might work. because after all those years of scrubbing with medication and no cure, some "adults" have grown past their hormonal stages but don't reap the benefits of it because they continue using cleansers that irritate their skin.

There have been times when just WATER worked for me. Funny cause I have oily skin and after the "just water" in the mornings my skin would feel dry. Anyhow, I am just wondering if just water may work better in some states than in others since the levels of chlorine seem to vary.