Notifications
Clear all

Nothing From A Cow.

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 05/04/2012 8:21 pm

So,

i have previously made a log on here before in the hormonal forum becuase i thought my acne issues had been related to wacked up hormones since it is only forms around my jawline BUT with trial and error in diet i have come to belive i have a severe sensitivity to anything dairy and red meat (in acne terms anyway) so about a month ago i took out dairy and my skin cleared up miraculously and stayed that way for pretty much the whole month even on my period. then this month i decided maybe even without the dairy i could add red meat back in,which i hadnt had for about a year, and maybe id be ok with it. wrong. lol as soon as i introduced red meat i got to cystic like breakouts on my jawline sooooo now im going to follow a "nothing from a cow diet" and see if it is really the root cause of my acne and i can get that glourious clear skin agian.

btw i also am going to an allergist to see if i have sensitivites to anything else and today is day #6 of my no red meat diet added to my no dairy diet (ive been off of dairy for about a month and a half now)

i currently have a breakout dying down and will update about my progress in a few days.

MemberMember
(@anastasia_dhotmail-ca)

Posted : 05/04/2012 8:30 pm

Nothing from a cow diet - that's awesome! My problem area is my jawline as well, but I'm vegan so animal products are obviously not my problem :) lol. Great that you're able to pinpoint the cause of your acne and it will be interesting to see what the allergist says. Keep us posted. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 05/05/2012 4:15 pm

thank you!! and jawline acne is the frickin worst especially since its front and center on your face -_- have you tried vitamin d supplements at all or been to an allergist or nauropath?? after all the stuff ive learned about acne i dont trust dermatologist anymore it just makes no sense to me when they say acne is not effected by food. but anyways the main factors that i think cause acne (just my own opinion) are:

-food and food sensitivites/allergies

-stress

-hormonal issues

-lack of certain nutrient vitamin d?? zinc etcc

but anyways i have a really good diet, im on bc and spiro which im trying to get off soon since i found out about the dairy issue and itake the appropriate supplements for my body vitamin d, zinc,fish oil,iron,probiotics my life is not all that stressful so luckily ive kinda figured out that thru proccess of elimiantion it must be food related hence the allergist visit lol

as of right now i have about three active pimples cause i justtttt started working out agian so my body is detoxing -_- bleehhhh i hate this first part lol and the rest of my little breakout is dying down and is not active anymore thank you frickin jesus lol

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 05/10/2012 7:55 pm

day 12

so i went to the allergist and got a basic food test scale of 1 to 4 that covered 65 common foods (the test where they prick you) and guess what i have a sensitivity to beef,go figure, hahah i also have sensitivies to almonds soy hops cherrys grapes green beans spinach peanuts cashews walnuts chicken sooo im glad i got it done although it said i had no sensitvity milk she said that lactose and tolernt wouldnt show up on this kinda test so im still countinuing to stay away from it like i have been for two months buttttt anyways ever since i ditched the beef no new breakouts anddddd im even on my period. basically this was exactly how it went before i added beef back in and got a nasty two breakouts so im hoping itll be good agian from now on :)

ALSOOO i just bought the clarisonic spin brush and an acne light lamp with only red light (cause blue light although it works wonders can cause eye damage after long periods so id just rather not deal with that lol) but i totally believe in the power of light therapy and when i used to be using the blue and red light lamp it was crazy how fast my skin would heal like i could literally heal see a pimple emerging pop it and pretty much heal it within one day. So i orderded the red one to help with cellular regeneration and too even out my skin tone a bit ill update on the progress!!! ...but really this shit can really work hahah

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 09/06/2012 1:06 am

updateeee!!!!

the diet with out anything dairy or beef literally works wonders my skin has been behaving super well and no upset stomachs,headaches or anything i feel great!!!

my question for anyone is that if i have anything dairy i breakout even from hot cheetos buuuuuttt i have mayonaise alll the time like every single day and am totally fine so should i breakout from actual cooked eggs?

please answer as soon as possible!!!!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 09/06/2012 3:24 pm

You could be sensitive to the casein in the milk, like I am. I'm not lactose intolerant either but I am very casein intolerant.

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 12/31/2012 7:09 pm

yeah im not sure what it is about it but i flare from dairy and beef as well

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 12/31/2012 7:27 pm

soooooo i haven't updated in a million years mostly cause ive gotten my acne under control see the "Nothing from a cow" log in this same form and as long as i follow a certain diet and regimin my acne stays about 90% clear.

diet: mostly healthy foods BUT still eat chips, coconut based icecream and non dairy cookies and go out to eat. Stay away from allllllll dairy and beef ingredients in any type of food although breads seem to be fine. also i eat no nuts,bannanas pineapples *trigger food*, and pork.

vitamins: take 4000 d in summer and 8000 in winter, live probiotics,zinc and omega everyday

lifestyle: dont really workout im 100 pounds and im still "active" but havent gone running as much as i do in the summer (15 mins 3 times a week)

allllsoooooo i use red light therapy on my face and it works wonders if u follow directions but dont take a break from it for a week or longer or it might make u break out also i used the bp from the regimin

MemberMember
(@ilivelaughlove)

Posted : 03/26/2013 11:18 pm

i have been updating very rarely mostly because i don't have problems with acne as much anymore since iv'e changed my diet,but one thing iv'e been eating lately is oatmeal and ive noticed iv'e been getting breakouts in my trouble area (jawline). I'm wondering if anyone else specifically has trouble with oats because i eat cheerios and bread like everyday but i don't have issues with it??

Any help??? hahah

MemberMember
(@rogueseabird)

Posted : 09/24/2013 12:42 am

Hey ilivelovelaugh,

I saw your post had to create an account to respond. I'm 95% sure I have the same situation!! I've had really brutal cystic acne on my back since I was 15....10 years now. But I slowly eliminated dairy from my diet since I noticed it was flaring up my acne...and the past month I've tried adding no-beef to my diet. My acne has cleared up almost completely. However I ate some pork this past weekend and I had a nasty flare-up. But overall I think this is my cure too!!!

It's pretty rough not eating beef or dairy. I'm really gonna miss eating steaks and pizza. Right now I eat a lot of nuts, fruits, beans, eggs, veggies...lots of turkey, chicken, and seafood. Oh and I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal with soymilk in the morning. I guess a plus-side of this is that now my diet is super healthy.

MemberMember
(@rogueseabird)

Posted : 09/24/2013 12:47 am

My older brother has the same allergy so possibly it's genetic?