Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Doctor Should I See For My Facial Flushing? (San Diego Area)

Recommended Posts

Going to a regular derm is out of the question now

Last one I went to told me there is NOTHING I can do about my fluahing aside from trying to prevent it

Said there are no treatments of any kind

I was shocked

He said I didn't have any permanent redness yet, and until then there was nothing to be done

I want a doctor who specializes in facial flushing/rosacea prevention

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, in some ways he is right. There isn't much you can do about flushing except to prevent triggers...but nearly everything is a rosacea trigger. It sucks, I know. You can get laser treatments which will destroy the broken capillaries and make your face look normal for a time, but new ones will eventually appear. You can use azelaic acid cream (Finacea or Skinoren brand names) which temporarily makes your skin tone look whiter, but the effect only lasts a few hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes