Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Livin Life

** Unpoppable White Bumps On Shoulder!? Advise Needed?

Hey im now 21 year old male.... i have these white bumps on my shoulder are and sometimes in middle of my back when they breakout but thats once in a while. I have seen a determoglist and he gave me a script for Minoclyine i believe and triycoline pills which diddnt work. These bumps are unpopable and bother cause htere all voer and ugly to the skin. I had these for about about 7-8 years as i can reamber and just dont know what there from or what there called period. Can Someone Please help me. PICS ATTACHED

post-92346-0-89453200-1336140369_thumb.j

post-92346-0-02311900-1336140399_thumb.j

post-92346-0-77310700-1336140424_thumb.j

post-92346-0-89453200-1336140369_thumb.j

post-92346-0-02311900-1336140399_thumb.j

post-92346-0-77310700-1336140424_thumb.j

these are cysts for sure and not white heads . cysts will go away or u have got to remove them by surgery . in ur cases remove them with surgery normally take a blade a cut it open a squeez until the root comes out or have a look on vedios regarding cysts removal in youtube. good luckzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Erm, I wouldnt listen to the poster above. They look like cysts to me, have a look at the 'cystic acne' section of this forum. The only thing that would make me question that is how long you've had them, I assume they have gone down a bit, come up again, etc in those 7 years?

Cysts should react to all stronger acne meds. If you took the antibiotics religiously and they didn't work I would go back to the Drs and they will try you on something else. Meanwhile a salicylic acid wash of some kind may help.

a salicylic acid wash of some kind may help.

For this case, it looks like the cysts are inflamed. SA is a chemical exfoliant which would unplug whiteheads and blackheads etc. It's best to try something like benzoyl peroxide and cleansing daily while undergoing oral treatment by a medical professional.

I wouldn't suggest draining them unless absolutely dire, however it is not up to us.

Edited by psych0sis

Yep, If if they have gone down and come up again a lot then they're like what I used to have on my back. Actually think some of the whiteness is stretched out scar tissue from there they were before. My Dr put me on Differin and Erythorymcyin. It's not done naught to my face, but I do think it's helped my back.

Like the person above said, I would not drain them! That is a sure fire way to scarring, and the fluid could potentially infect the pores around them as well, so you'd jsut get new ones.

Well, acne treatments are usually universal, which will work for all areas of the body. I see you had already tried a tetracycline which is a commonly used antibiotic. There are 3 different types.

I would go talk to a doctor and see his/her's take on this situation. Also mention folliculitis, for it is commonly mistaken for acne, and many acne treatments won't work.

Maybe I DIDDNT follow the tyerclone medcine at the time fully .... But does that usually work for my situation ????

Many get despondent because it does take some time to see any sort of result, and we are talking at least 3 months of consistent use for a 6 month course.

Although I would prevent taking it for more than 6 months because tolerance can build up and interfere with your immune system.

By not taking it fully, I'm assuming that you had skipped a few days? Try not to make it a habit.

Edited by psych0sis

Basically its been 6 years since my last determologist visit! .... What is usually best cure if not tyroclone.

There isn't really a "best cure". It is all trial and error to find something that works for you. Go see what your dermatologist has to say, then post back here if you see any sort of improvement.

Thanks ..... Hopefully one way or another they will be gone ....

Thanks ..... Hopefully one way or another they will be gone ....