Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amygims

Restarting Regimen...purge :\ ...could Use Some Encouragement!

Hey everyone!

So, I used the Regimen for a long time, like a year and a half, until last summer I developed horrible contact dermatitis to something on my eyelid. (Seriously it was awful my eyelid scabbed over...no good.) So I kinda had to stop using everything I was using on my face at that point.

My skin was doing alright until recently. I'm a chemistry major and have had a reeeaaally stressful semester (differential equations, linear algebra, calc three, physics...and a really bad/weird/unusual breakup). Sooo needless to say with all the stress, not enough sleep etc, my face has gotten right back to where it was about two years ago before I initially used the Regimen, maybe even worse. I even have gone to the Dr. again for it out of desperation, but no Rxs seem to be working out so I'm gonna try what worked before...the acne.org BP.

The thing is that I seem to be experiencing an initial purging period (breaking out in deep ones on areas that I practically never break out). I'm only about 1.5 wks in and so I know I need to be patient, but after my skin getting progressively worse this entire semester patience is difficult! =) Plus I don't think I experienced a purge the first time I used the Regimen so it's new to me.

It's hard to see old pictures of myself from when I was clear and then go look in the mirror now and I've even avoided some social situations recently which totally isn't me and I know it's not right! Basically I just want my old skin back. =( And it just stinks to be still struggling with acne in my mid-twenties! Ugh!

What were other people's experiences with this whole process?

Edited by amygims

Hi ya I started the regime 2 yrs ago and have not looked back! Ive suffered for 20 years ! I'm so grateful that I stumbled across dan's website and like you was very sceptical by just using those 3 products especially the low dose of BP which I used in my teens with little results.

The trick is you do have to use it every day twice a day - its regimental but well worth it. please give it a try and like me within 4 weeks I saw visible results and never looked back.

Btw - I use Simple moisterising face wash and its oil free moisteriser to save money!

Sounds like the first thing you need is a serious destresser! Seriously .. that's a lot on any ones plate

and it sounds like the stress is playing havoc on your body. Your skin has become a casualty of war.

Need to take a time out.

I know its hard but, stop looking at the old pictures, there just going to make things worse.

Instead, look forward to the future where you know all this stress will be coming to an end.

You have started a product that you know has worked in the past so just reassure your self

everything is going to be ok and soon enough you will be back to your former.

If you have an hour, go get a massage. If you have a night, run a bath, put some lush girly stuff in it and

pour you self a glass of wine. Seriously .... destress

Take care of your body ... it will take care of you.

Neglect it.... it will show you very quickly that it feels neglected

Edited by Zraden

Sounds like the first thing you need is a serious destresser! Seriously .. that's a lot on any ones plate

and it sounds like the stress is playing havoc on your body. Your skin has become a casualty of war.

Need to take a time out.

Thanks Zraden! I couldn't agree with you more! I am starting a new internship in a week, and I am hoping my skin will be looking at least a little better by then. I also took pictures today, so hopefully I will have a more realistic view of my progress. I have this week completely off until then so I'm really trying to just take this week to destress after finals and just all this craziness.

Edited by amygims