Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mikezor

Ive Tried Everything But Nothing Works (Alot Of Red Marks, Pics)

Hello ive tried everything but nothing works for my Red marks

I dont have atm so much active acne only on my back abit and on my face maybe 3 in a month so its not so much as it was

But those Red marks wont go away its been already that i have it 1 year but my feelings says that there is not a improvement

so maybe i can get all yours help?

Does Sunbed helps to fade them?

Thank you

post-169768-0-87250300-1336129787_thumb.

post-169768-0-87250300-1336129787_thumb.

Guest *Spiro*

Tanning beds will only make them worse... because you skin tans while tanning it appears to lessen the look of the red marks because your skin tone is matching them..

The tanning will also darken the red marks, so all and all it is not going to help anything. Wear sunscreen on your face to prevent them from getting darker. Also in order for the dark marks to fade you need to be clear. No active acne in the area. Once the active acne is gone your skin will start to heal. Have you tried using retin A or fading creams? You could ask your dermatologist for one of those and hopefully that will help. Also people suggest using lemon juice on your face to help lighten the skin. Not bottled lemon juice though

Yea, but i went to spain for vacantion last year and after 2 days everything was completly everything so maybe it just works?

But i really want to do it because its so annoying this it just destroying me

Guest *Spiro*

Well unless your skin is different from everyone else's you are only going to make them worse in the long run. You will be dealing with the red marks again and they will be darker. Like brown or purpleish color. Then they will fade again from brown to purple to the red and pink you have now. You will only be adding more time to the healing period. I understand that once your skin tans the red marks appear to have gone away or lightened but I assume you its not the case. If you are that down about them I would see your dermatologist and see if chemical peels are a solution for you. They will help lighten things up but its not a quick fix either. Sometimes it also results in more damage to the skin. The lemon juice idea I talked about earlier would be a cheaper process and will not cause damage. It will also be a longer process. There is nothing you can do to get rid of them right away or quickly. Trust me I wish that there was. I am I accutane and am clearing up and I have a red marks left behind where old acne was and its just takes time to heal them. You can go to your local drug store and buy some hydroquinone cream that is a skin bleach that will help fade them on a faster pace. Something to look into, be careful with it though.

By the way do you have active acne now? If so you should find a way to clear your skin because the red marks are just going to keep coming back.

The photos are hard to tell if it is old or active acne. Some of it looks active to me though from what I can see. They will fade away though. Its a sloooow process I know. Keep your head up!

Edited by BeautifulDisasters

So the best thing is when i go on vacantion i need to wear sun protection creme?

but that will help also abit to fade them and then is not dangerous for my marks.

But my Doctor gave me tretinoine and he said it will help fading your marks but im using it now for 1 month and i see not much difference

And also i have Back Acne and that is active so sun is good for my back because i dont get red marks on my back only some brown things but that will clear up fastly

So?

Guest *Spiro*

I would wear a 15 SPF on my face. Use something that is non comedogenic on your face. That way the lotion or sunscreen isn't going to clog your pores and cause further break outs. If you are from the US CeraVe makes a great one and so does neutrogena. UK I think Simple is a brand that I have heard good things about too. You will still be able to get a little color on your face using a 15 or 30 SPF.

Tretinoine cream is the generic version of Retin A some people swear by it. I hated it personally. I think it did more damage then help for me. Which is why I am now doing a accutane course. A good rule of thumb is to use the products for 3 months before you see improvement. It sucks but your skin improves pretty slowly. I would give it a couple more months before you can say if it has helped or not. The idea behind the Tretinoine cream is it speed skin cell turn over rates so you flake off old skin and new unscarred skin comes to the surface. To ideally it should help you, for some reason it did not help me.

Back Acne seems to act different than facial acne in my opinion. Sun always helped any spots on my back that I had. The skin on your body seems to be less sensitive than facial skin. In my opinion, I don't know if thats true or not but sun always helped me with body acne.