Notifications
Clear all

How Many Time Should I Apply Apple Cider Vinegar A Week?

MemberMember
(@wellgetbetter)

Posted : 05/03/2012 11:39 pm

hi guys, i'm using the Glytone Kit right now and having facials/lasers. my derm also adviced me to apply ACV at home. she told me to apply it only 2 3 time a week. but it seems to work very well on my skin. should i use it every night then or what to see the result? please give me ur actual experience with ACV. thankz much much guys!!!

MemberMember
(@sandra-verochi)

Posted : 05/04/2012 11:36 am

Apple Cider Vinegar really is a miracle worker for acne prone skin! Personally, I use it 2x daily - but I dont have experience with using it after Glycol or laser resurfacing (which probably makes the skin pretty sensitive). I have used it after exfoliating with microderm crystals & using a deep cleansing mask it stings a bit, but that goes away quickly. Everyones skin has a different tolerance, so maybe you should try using it every other day, then try using it back-to-back days to see how your skin reacts.

Heres my experience with it

I have tried a ton of different toners to help keep my pores clean, because I am super breakout prone and my pores get plugged really easily. Until recently, I was using the Proactiv toner because its alcohol free and pretty gentle. But then, I found a post online saying that Apple Cider Vinegar is the best toner for oily skin and acne prone skin. I am SO happy I know about ACV now. About 6 weeks ago, I switched to using ACV after washing my face in the morning and again at night before bed. My pores started clearing up and the amount of breakouts went way down after 1 week of doing this twice daily.

ThenI accidentally spilled the bottle of ACV in the sink, so I went back to the Proactiv. After only 3 days, my pores were re-clogged and breakouts started appearing! That was all the proof I needed. I went to the store and picked up a new bottle of ACV and have used it 2x daily since then. I am still about 80% breakout free and have noticed my skin isnt producing as much oil either. Some online posts say the Bragg brand of organic raw ACV is best. The next time Im at a health food store, I will buy it. But, so far Ive just been using the generic grocery store brand and its working great.

MemberMember
(@wellgetbetter)

Posted : 05/04/2012 9:56 pm

Apple Cider Vinegar really is a miracle worker for acne prone skin! Personally, I use it 2x daily - but I dont have experience with using it after Glycol or laser resurfacing (which probably makes the skin pretty sensitive). I have used it after exfoliating with microderm crystals & using a deep cleansing mask it stings a bit, but that goes away quickly. Everyones skin has a different tolerance, so maybe you should try using it every other day, then try using it back-to-back days to see how your skin reacts.

Heres my experience with it

I have tried a ton of different toners to help keep my pores clean, because I am super breakout prone and my pores get plugged really easily. Until recently, I was using the Proactiv toner because its alcohol free and pretty gentle. But then, I found a post online saying that Apple Cider Vinegar is the best toner for oily skin and acne prone skin. I am SO happy I know about ACV now. About 6 weeks ago, I switched to using ACV after washing my face in the morning and again at night before bed. My pores started clearing up and the amount of breakouts went way down after 1 week of doing this twice daily.

ThenI accidentally spilled the bottle of ACV in the sink, so I went back to the Proactiv. After only 3 days, my pores were re-clogged and breakouts started appearing! That was all the proof I needed. I went to the store and picked up a new bottle of ACV and have used it 2x daily since then. I am still about 80% breakout free and have noticed my skin isnt producing as much oil either. Some online posts say the Bragg brand of organic raw ACV is best. The next time Im at a health food store, I will buy it. But, so far Ive just been using the generic grocery store brand and its working great.

thankz for ur rep. so hwo do you dilute the solution? i do 2 parts of water and 1 part of ACV.

MemberMember
(@wellgetbetter)

Posted : 05/05/2012 11:28 pm

and is it normal that after i apply the ACV my face turn red a little for awhile. does it mean my skin got burn because it not really too hot just a tinkling feelings for about 4 5 mins? help help plzzz

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/06/2012 2:35 pm

and is it normal that after i apply the ACV my face turn red a little for awhile. does it mean my skin got burn because it not really too hot just a tinkling feelings for about 4 5 mins? help help plzzz

That isn't a good thing. Try diluting it more and if it still tingles and turns red, don't do it. And use brewed green tea rather than water.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 05/06/2012 4:14 pm

Do I really have to dilute the vinegar? If I put straight up apple cider vinegar in a bowl and use cotton to apply it on my face, it stings for like 10 seconds but goes away, my face doesn't get red or anything it just stings for 10 seconds and then its fine. If I don't dilute it will I see negative reactions on my skin eventually? Or are the reactions supposed to be right away? Because not diluting the vinegar isn't really doing anything bad so far.

Also I put 2 tablespoons of ACV in an 8 ounce glass of water and drink it twice a day after meals, and it helps a lot! Make sure you get Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar though because it's organic and unfiltered and unpasteurized so it has all the nutrients and good things for the body that regular ACV doesn't.

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/06/2012 4:27 pm

I've been topically applying ACV and drinking it. For the last two weeks or so I've been applying it straight and everything was fine, until two days ago my face started burning, peeling and having "rough" patches. I think my skin just had enough of the constant acid, and it's really not sensitive at all. Anyway, since then I've been diluting it 1:1 with very strongly brewed green tea and it's been working so much better. It doesn't weaken the effects, if anything it strengthens them! I do it twice a day and my skin is coming along great :)

MemberMember
(@wellgetbetter)

Posted : 05/07/2012 12:14 am

i'm using first street ACV rite now as the night toner. (trying to find Bragg brand) but it's 5% acidic. is it ok or should i really look for Bragg. i apply i one time and then some more for on the inflammed area. should i do that or just apply it evenly all over my face?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 05/07/2012 5:48 am

I would say buy Bragg, almost every single video I find on the internet talking about the benefits of vinegar recommend Bragg, you can find it at whole foods market (that's where I bought it), if not IDK at your local health food store I guess. But try mixing 2 tablespoons with 8 ounces of water twice a day and drinking it, because that will help too.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/19/2012 12:19 pm

yes this has worked amazingly for me! ive only been using it for 3 days and no new breakouts and my skin looks great! im not saying this will "cure" everyone's acne but everyone should try it out before they get drugs or antibiotics. i mean it is really good!!