Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lngo

Coffee/tea/(Milk) Gives Me Acne?

So while I was on accutane, month 1 has worked for me. Nothing dramatic but I could see it working.

Month 2 was a little stressful for me. I had a new job and it was my last month of school/exams. I would come home from work at 11pm, stay up til 5am and leave to school because it takes me 2 hours to get there. I would live off of coffee, from 2-3 a day. Sometimes I would have starbucks lattes, skim milk, and that is 99% dairy. Well, after school was done, I stopped drinking coffee and drank tea instead. Jasmine Green Tea, to be exact.

Now that Im not working anymore, Ive been staying home for the past two weeks. Since im not going out, I dont need "caffeine" to wake me up. I haevnt coffee/lattes(dairy/coffee)/tea and my skin is getting a little bit better.. is this a coincidence?

It might not be a coincidence. A lot of people think that dairy and caffeine can trigger acne.

It might not be a coincidence. A lot of people think that dairy and caffeine can trigger acne.

Yeah my foreign visa student friends from China have flawless skin and I asked how (my friend invited us all to her family party). Their parents and everyone said it's because we (Canadians) eat too many "bad food" and my friend mentioned that I drink coffee all the time and the parents were all "oh yes that's a main problem". They said try not to eat or drink "dark stuff".

Yeah my foreign visa student friends from China have flawless skin and I asked how (my friend invited us all to her family party). Their parents and everyone said it's because we (Canadians) eat too many "bad food" and my friend mentioned that I drink coffee all the time and the parents were all "oh yes that's a main problem". They said try not to eat or drink "dark stuff".

Yeah I've seen a few threads on the nutrition area of this site about people having some success with clearing up their skin by eliminating dairy from their diet and just eating a healthier diet in general too. Can't remember if I've seen anything about people having success / seeing improvement by cutting caffeine but there might be. Maybe have a look on that part of this site to try and find out more about diet and acne.

Yeah I've seen a few threads on the nutrition area of this site about people having some success with clearing up their skin by eliminating dairy from their diet and just eating a healthier diet in general too. Can't remember if I've seen anything about people having success / seeing improvement by cutting caffeine but there might be. Maybe have a look on that part of this site to try and find out more about diet and acne.

Yeah I'm Chinese (not from China) and they say it's like... a "chinese saying" (in their culture) if you eat/drink "dark stuff", you'll get acne.

I read whole wheat also causes acne, is this true? (And is it good to eat while on accutane?)

Yeah I'm Chinese (not from China) and they say it's like... a "chinese saying" (in their culture) if you eat/drink "dark stuff", you'll get acne.

I read whole wheat also causes acne, is this true? (And is it good to eat while on accutane?)

Can't help you out on that question sorry. The whole wheat / grain thing confuses me a bit and I don't know much about accutane. Maybe ask this as a new question over on that forum if you don't get any other answers here.

I've had acne for 50 years and so I've had plenty of time in which to study the impact of my food/drink consumption on the condition of my skin. I can state categorically that- for me- coffee, with milk, is a powerful promotor of sebum production, blackheads and (worse of all) difficult long-lasting spots and boils. I would strongly recommend anyone with acne to avoid coffee like the plague. If you are sceptical about this advice try cutting out coffee (and tea) completely for a few weeks and then wonder/marvel at your new skin condition.