Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lngo

Can I Eat Grapes (Vitamin A)?

How cautious do you guys take when eating Vitamin A? Like very seriously?

I rarely, rarely eat fruits... so I eat Banana and Grapes rarely. Maybe once a week, or once every two weeks (I usually eat pears, apples, etc).

But is it bad to eat grapes and bananas? I'm always eating sugar-junk food (majority cookies), and I heard grapes is "sugar" and healthier. Just wanted your opinions and if it will effect my acne thank you!

I've been juicing carrots on weekends and it doesn't seem to have affected me. Been on Accutane for 4 months.

u know what .. i think everyone will be against me here but i really think that food doesnt have anything to do with acne .. or maybe it can but only in a little effect .. i have been eating everything last 10 days .. energy drinks.white rice,chocolates basicaly everything that can cause acne .. just to see what will happen .. it turned out that nothing happend to my face .. its still the same as it was before .. nothing new .. so in think everyone is different ..

u know what .. i think everyone will be against me here but i really think that food doesnt have anything to do with acne .. or maybe it can but only in a little effect .. i have been eating everything last 10 days .. energy drinks.white rice,chocolates basicaly everything that can cause acne .. just to see what will happen .. it turned out that nothing happend to my face .. its still the same as it was before .. nothing new .. so in think everyone is different ..

I think OP was more concerned about Vitamin A content messing with the Accutane than whether grapes (or food) caused acne.

no i mean in generally u shouldnt care about what u eat .. just believe me and try this .. for 2 weeks .. eat anything .. anything in ur mind most of the ppl here are on hardcore diet that makes them stressed because they want to eat something delicious .. and they cant because it causes them acne .. they dont see that they are dealing with stress .. and stress = acne .. so ppl eat anything u like and dont be stressed about it .. just dont think about it .. put in ur mind that u r like everyone else .. you will not get acne .. maybe u will get alittle acne .. which is normal .. believe me guys ..

no i mean in generally u shouldnt care about what u eat .. just believe me and try this .. for 2 weeks .. eat anything .. anything in ur mind most of the ppl here are on hardcore diet that makes them stressed because they want to eat something delicious .. and they cant because it causes them acne .. they dont see that they are dealing with stress .. and stress = acne .. so ppl eat anything u like and dont be stressed about it .. just dont think about it .. put in ur mind that u r like everyone else .. you will not get acne .. maybe u will get alittle acne .. which is normal .. believe me guys ..

Um... I did try it. my blood test results came back 2-3 weeks ago and it said i have moderately high cholesterol. the doctor asked what i have been eating, and i said i eat tons of frozen food at home - chicken nuggets (YUM), onion rings (YUM), lots of ketchup chips, and oreo cookies and chocolate fudge cookies. and i drink alot of coffee with delicious hazel nut cream. the doctor said i have to cut all that out. i did. the only thing i still eat are the cookies, but i cut out all the fried foods and my skin has gotten better to my surprise. (not my words, but my friends). i was wondering why accutane wasnt working when i used it, but i think its cuz i was eating junk food while taking it.

Um... I did try it. my blood test results came back 2-3 weeks ago and it said i have moderately high cholesterol. the doctor asked what i have been eating, and i said i eat tons of frozen food at home - chicken nuggets (YUM), onion rings (YUM), lots of ketchup chips, and oreo cookies and chocolate fudge cookies. and i drink alot of coffee with delicious hazel nut cream. the doctor said i have to cut all that out. i did. the only thing i still eat are the cookies, but i cut out all the fried foods and my skin has gotten better to my surprise. (not my words, but my friends). i was wondering why accutane wasnt working when i used it, but i think its cuz i was eating junk food while taking it.

i am sorry to hear that .. but i guess for me its different .. i am confident that food doesnt have anything to do with my skin .. u can cut down all the foods u said that r high in cholesterol but .. u can also eat everyything in moderetaion :) .. u can eat 1 chocolate bar a day .. etc u know better than me .. but my advice for everyone who is reading this is eat everything in moderation .. and see .. if u have an allergic reaction to something cut it down .. dont cut down all foods that are said to cause acne .. you will live in stress more than the stress you have when u got acne .. :) .. good luck everyone .. f**k acne

i am sorry to hear that .. but i guess for me its different .. i am confident that food doesnt have anything to do with my skin .. u can cut down all the foods u said that r high in cholesterol but .. u can also eat everyything in moderetaion smile.png .. u can eat 1 chocolate bar a day .. etc u know better than me .. but my advice for everyone who is reading this is eat everything in moderation .. and see .. if u have an allergic reaction to something cut it down .. dont cut down all foods that are said to cause acne .. you will live in stress more than the stress you have when u got acne .. smile.png .. good luck everyone .. f**k acne

yeah, i basically had to cut down on all the food i use to eat because of my high cholesterol, not because i want to. but at the same time i could tell there was improvement on my skin! eating DOES contribute to ur skin. my friends use to have bad skin and she has clear skin now, i asked how and she said the only thing that she changed was her eating habits because she now goes to the gym. so she eats healthy and goes to the gym

well of course eating healthy is an important thing .. i am not saying go eat tons of chocolate and drink 5 liters of milk a day .. no thats wrong .. what i am trying to say is u should have a balanced diet.. this is what gonna help u .. cutting down everything is not the way to go .. of course to you its different because ur cholesterol problem .. i am sorry for that .. but for all people .. u should just have an balanced diet .. you can eat junk food .. at the same time .. you can eat alot of vegetables and fruits .. i believe that people when eat junk food stay stressed thinking that they will get a pimple anytime ... thats why they get one .. not because of the food they ate .. because of the stress they have because they think a pimple will appear anytime .. so just stop stressing about what u eat and feel free .. live life . :) according to the studies pimples take from 10 to 14 days to form .. so all of the people that say something specefic breaks them out overnight or in hours are all false ..

have a nice day :)

i am sorry to hear that .. but i guess for me its different .. i am confident that food doesnt have anything to do with my skin .. u can cut down all the foods u said that r high in cholesterol but .. u can also eat everyything in moderetaion smile.png .. u can eat 1 chocolate bar a day .. etc u know better than me .. but my advice for everyone who is reading this is eat everything in moderation .. and see .. if u have an allergic reaction to something cut it down .. dont cut down all foods that are said to cause acne .. you will live in stress more than the stress you have when u got acne .. smile.png .. good luck everyone .. f**k acne

I don't eat whatever I want because I don't want to be a lard arse

How cautious do you guys take when eating Vitamin A? Like very seriously?

I rarely, rarely eat fruits... so I eat Banana and Grapes rarely. Maybe once a week, or once every two weeks (I usually eat pears, apples, etc).

But is it bad to eat grapes and bananas? I'm always eating sugar-junk food (majority cookies), and I heard grapes is "sugar" and healthier. Just wanted your opinions and if it will effect my acne thank you!

Neither bananas or grapes have very much Vitamin A. Very low... Like 2% of your daily value low. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I love them. From what I understand, the beta carotene from certain fruits and veggies (mostly ones that are red, orange, etc) isn't turned into Vitamin A from your body unless your body needs it. Other sources of Vitamin A from meat products (like liver) is automatically turned into Vitamin A and should be avoided.

http://www.dsm.com/en_US/html/dnpna/hnh_caro_bc.htm

The other part of your post can be argued all day long. Personally, I believe the sugar from fruits and veggies isn't as much of a concern as artificial sweetners and cane sugar. The sugar from fruits and veggies is far outweighed by the benefits you receive from eating them.

well of course eating healthy is an important thing .. i am not saying go eat tons of chocolate and drink 5 liters of milk a day .. no thats wrong .. what i am trying to say is u should have a balanced diet.. this is what gonna help u .. cutting down everything is not the way to go .. of course to you its different because ur cholesterol problem .. i am sorry for that .. but for all people .. u should just have an balanced diet .. you can eat junk food .. at the same time .. you can eat alot of vegetables and fruits .. i believe that people when eat junk food stay stressed thinking that they will get a pimple anytime ... thats why they get one .. not because of the food they ate .. because of the stress they have because they think a pimple will appear anytime .. so just stop stressing about what u eat and feel free .. live life . smile.pngaccording to the studies pimples take from 10 to 14 days to form .. so all of the people that say something specefic breaks them out overnight or in hours are all false ..

have a nice day smile.png

i think this is false, or just a really, really surprise timing. so recently my acne has been getting better, at the same time i have been eating less, but more greens. anyway, my mom came home and bought a big box of LINDOR CHOCOLATE!! i havent had these in years.. obviously i knew howo to control myself. i had three white chocolates before i head to bed, the next day later i did not eat it (forgot we had them) until it was night time, so i had another 3. the next day later... theres a pimple on my cheek. i dont know if this is a coincidence but i havent had any sweets in my body in forever. only sugars i had was from my banana and grapes.