Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Came Back To Give Some Advice....

I haven't been on here in SOOOOO long, but I've been a member since 2005... I wanted to come back and tell a short version of my story and where I am now. I feel like I will will help a lot of people save time and money trying to find natural things that actually work.

I started off using Dan's regimen with the BP, but I suffered with very dry skin and it actually damaged my skin, I started getting wrinkles at the age of 19 (I'm 26 now). I know the regimen works for some people and I dont want to put it down, I'm just saying that the BP just did not react well with my skin. So I started freaking out and stopped using the BP and started looking into natural treatments. It probably took about a year after I stopped using BP for my skin to feel even slightly normal. I started dieting and I tried to switch over to natural face treatments but nothing seemed to work! So I just went with SpectroJel face wash and Complex 15 face cream... because it was simple and didnt make me break out. As for my diet I tried EVERYTHING and when I say everything I really do mean it. First I quit dairy then gluten. I started eating organic and cut down on my sugar. I did the vitamin B5 thing... that was AWFUL I was on it for about a year.... It made me feel weird and gave me funny side effects, overdosing on vitamins is NOT the answer. I was suffering a lot because I was freaking out about EVERYTHING I was eating, is this going to make me break out??? I lost A LOT of weight which I couldnt afford to lose. I was reading too much as well... too much information coming at me and I couldnt decide what was best for me. I needed to calm down, but I just felt like I didnt KNOW anything. I tried colon cleansing, whole body detox, apple cider vinegar, heavy metal detoxing... blah blah blah.

Finally things started to settle down, I had decided on a gluten free, dairy free, low glycemic diet. And I think all of my cleansing was starting to make me feel great. It worked quite well for my skin for a while. Then I decided I wanted to go ALL natural and quit my birth control pill. My body went through a terrible time trying to adjust and I discovered I had candida problem... I also started to break out like crazy again. I started on a supplement regimen of vitex and evening primrose oil, which helped to balance my hormones. I then discovered a site called Healing Naturally by Bee. She gives you information on how to get rid of candida. I went on her diet and got TERRIBLE detoxing reactions. I broke out like crazy and my stomach was out of wack all the time. I was on it very striclty for four months. I kind of fell off the wagon after that but I still stuck with a very LOW carb diet... and pretty much NO sugar. The only sugar I eat is from veggies that may have some in them. And I even keep my higher sugar veggies low.

So this is where I'm at now... LOW sugar (I mean not even fruit, once in a while I eat a grapefruit or blue berries but that's it), dairy free (except butter) and gluten free. I eat mostly organic and I only use coconut oil to cook with and Olive oil for salads. I dont eat processed food and I try to soak my grains when I do eat them, I actually cheat sometimes and buy sprouted quinoa :). This diet is great for people who suffer with candida and who have acne. My acne is NOT 100% gone, I dont know if it will ever be but it's MUCH better than when I started all of this. I honestly think my body is still getting healthy, it's still healing. Sometimes I feel like I got acne for a reason though, it has turned me into a very healthy person. I FEEL so much better. Becoming acne free is NOT going to happen in a short time...it's a process, you body needs to heal. I have leaned to be patient through this experience.

Another part of my journey was a mission to find natural skin/person produtcs that work. I had HELL of a time wasting money and time on products that dont work.

Here is a list of natural affordable (most of the time haha) products I use on my body that WORK:

-Face wash: LEMON JUICE!!! Most simple thing ever!! I buy Santa Crus Organic unsweetened lemon juice, dilute it with water to my comfort level and use a cotton pad to cleanse my face. I let it sit while I brush my teeth and wash it off afterwards. I use the undiluted to spot treat zits... AWESOME STUFF!!! Best face wash EVER and CHEAP. I CAN'T say enough about how great this is, it is amazing and it feels so clean and fresh. I gets rid of dark spots, scars, exfoliates and kills bacteria all at the same time. I tried to use ACV but I like lemon juice better.

-Face cream: I DONT USE ANY. If I use the lemon juice just at night and DO NOT wash my face in the morning except rinse with water a few times... I find I dont need face cream. BUT I have to be keeping up on getting my coconut oil intake (I take spoonfuls of coconut oil with meals). The coconut oil moisturizes me from the inside out. My face is a little dry in the morning but after that it balances out. If I need a little moisture... jojoba oil.

- Eye makeup remover: Jojoba oil

- Mascara/eyeliner: Anything by Lavera Organics. For waterproof I use Tarte brand.

- Foundation/concealer: Mix your favourite mineral makeup with jojoba oil and use as a liquid foundation or just use as is.

- Blush: Any mineral blush that doesnt contain all the nasty stuff (bismuth oxychloride...etc...), try to find something as simple as possible.

- Deodorant: I use Dr. Mist... IT ACTUALLY WORKS! I mix in my fave essential oil for yummy smell and I'm good. If I'm feeling super poor I just use baking soda, it really works as well.

- Shampoo: Baking soda... LOVE IT. I just massage the powder into my hair, feels weird but it's great.

- Conditioner: I usually use Dessert Essence Green Apple, it's great.

- Toothpaste: I use anything by Jason that doesnt have flouride.

- Body cream: Coconut oil, olive oil.... when I want something that smells nice: Dessert Essence Coconut Hand and Body Lotion YUM!!

- Leave in hair moisturizer treatment: Olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil.

- Under eye cream, Emu oil or jojoba oil. Just use VERY LITTLE or it gets in your eyes haha.

That's about it folks!!!

In conclusinon.... the best advice I can give is STOP STRESSING. Stress is terrible, it's so unhealthy. If you cant stop stressing, try a supplement called L-Theanine it calms me down :). Do your research and try to find what works best FOR YOU, but dont over do it.

Anyway, I hope this helps some people :). This place helped me a lot when I was going through some terrible times. Good luck to you all, you are all beautiful inside and out and you deserve to be happy, REMEMBER THAT!

Tdot

I haven't been on here in SOOOOO long, but I've been a member since 2005... I wanted to come back and tell a short version of my story and where I am now. I feel like I will will help a lot of people save time and money trying to find natural things that actually work.

I started off using Dan's regimen with the BP, but I suffered with very dry skin and it actually damaged my skin, I started getting wrinkles at the age of 19 (I'm 26 now). I know the regimen works for some people and I dont want to put it down, I'm just saying that the BP just did not react well with my skin. So I started freaking out and stopped using the BP and started looking into natural treatments. It probably took about a year after I stopped using BP for my skin to feel even slightly normal. I started dieting and I tried to switch over to natural face treatments but nothing seemed to work! So I just went with SpectroJel face wash and Complex 15 face cream... because it was simple and didnt make me break out. As for my diet I tried EVERYTHING and when I say everything I really do mean it. First I quit dairy then gluten. I started eating organic and cut down on my sugar. I did the vitamin B5 thing... that was AWFUL I was on it for about a year.... It made me feel weird and gave me funny side effects, overdosing on vitamins is NOT the answer. I was suffering a lot because I was freaking out about EVERYTHING I was eating, is this going to make me break out??? I lost A LOT of weight which I couldnt afford to lose. I was reading too much as well... too much information coming at me and I couldnt decide what was best for me. I needed to calm down, but I just felt like I didnt KNOW anything. I tried colon cleansing, whole body detox, apple cider vinegar, heavy metal detoxing... blah blah blah.

Finally things started to settle down, I had decided on a gluten free, dairy free, low glycemic diet. And I think all of my cleansing was starting to make me feel great. It worked quite well for my skin for a while. Then I decided I wanted to go ALL natural and quit my birth control pill. My body went through a terrible time trying to adjust and I discovered I had candida problem... I also started to break out like crazy again. I started on a supplement regimen of vitex and evening primrose oil, which helped to balance my hormones. I then discovered a site called Healing Naturally by Bee. She gives you information on how to get rid of candida. I went on her diet and got TERRIBLE detoxing reactions. I broke out like crazy and my stomach was out of wack all the time. I was on it very striclty for four months. I kind of fell off the wagon after that but I still stuck with a very LOW carb diet... and pretty much NO sugar. The only sugar I eat is from veggies that may have some in them. And I even keep my higher sugar veggies low.

So this is where I'm at now... LOW sugar (I mean not even fruit, once in a while I eat a grapefruit or blue berries but that's it), dairy free (except butter) and gluten free. I eat mostly organic and I only use coconut oil to cook with and Olive oil for salads. I dont eat processed food and I try to soak my grains when I do eat them, I actually cheat sometimes and buy sprouted quinoa smile.png. This diet is great for people who suffer with candida and who have acne. My acne is NOT 100% gone, I dont know if it will ever be but it's MUCH better than when I started all of this. I honestly think my body is still getting healthy, it's still healing. Sometimes I feel like I got acne for a reason though, it has turned me into a very healthy person. I FEEL so much better. Becoming acne free is NOT going to happen in a short time...it's a process, you body needs to heal. I have leaned to be patient through this experience.

Another part of my journey was a mission to find natural skin/person produtcs that work. I had HELL of a time wasting money and time on products that dont work.

Here is a list of natural affordable (most of the time haha) products I use on my body that WORK:

-Face wash: LEMON JUICE!!! Most simple thing ever!! I buy Santa Crus Organic unsweetened lemon juice, dilute it with water to my comfort level and use a cotton pad to cleanse my face. I let it sit while I brush my teeth and wash it off afterwards. I use the undiluted to spot treat zits... AWESOME STUFF!!! Best face wash EVER and CHEAP. I CAN'T say enough about how great this is, it is amazing and it feels so clean and fresh. I gets rid of dark spots, scars, exfoliates and kills bacteria all at the same time. I tried to use ACV but I like lemon juice better.

-Face cream: I DONT USE ANY. If I use the lemon juice just at night and DO NOT wash my face in the morning except rinse with water a few times... I find I dont need face cream. BUT I have to be keeping up on getting my coconut oil intake (I take spoonfuls of coconut oil with meals). The coconut oil moisturizes me from the inside out. My face is a little dry in the morning but after that it balances out. If I need a little moisture... jojoba oil.

- Mascara/eyeliner: Anything by Lavera Organics. For waterproof I use Tarte brand.

- Foundation/concealer: Mix your favourite mineral makeup with jojoba oil and use as a liquid foundation or just use as is.

- Blush: Any mineral blush that doesnt contain all the nasty stuff (bismuth oxychloride...etc...), try to find something as simple as possible.

- Deodorant: I use Dr. Mist... IT ACTUALLY WORKS! I mix in my fave essential oil for yummy smell and I'm good. If I'm feeling super poor I just use baking soda, it really works as well.

- Shampoo: Baking soda... LOVE IT. I just massage the powder into my hair, feels weird but it's great.

- Body cream: Coconut oil, olive oil.... when I want something that smells nice: Dessert Essence Coconut Hand and Body Lotion YUM!!

- Under eye cream, Emu oil or jojoba oil. Just use VERY LITTLE or it gets in your eyes haha.

That's about it folks!!!

In conclusinon.... the best advice I can give is STOP STRESSING. Stress is terrible, it's so unhealthy. If you cant stop stressing, try a supplement called L-Theanine it calms me down smile.png. Do your research and try to find what works best FOR YOU, but dont over do it.

Anyway, I hope this helps some people smile.png. This place helped me a lot when I was going through some terrible times. Good luck to you all, you are all beautiful inside and out and you deserve to be happy, REMEMBER THAT!

Tdot

Very great post and alot of useful information but hey what did you take for the colon cleanse?

So this is where I'm at now... LOW sugar (I mean not even fruit, once in a while I eat a grapefruit or blue berries but that's it), dairy free (except butter) and gluten free. I eat mostly organic and I only use coconut oil to cook with and Olive oil for salads. I dont eat processed food and I try to soak my grains when I do eat them, I actually cheat sometimes and buy sprouted quinoa smile.png. This diet is great for people who suffer with candida and who have acne. My acne is NOT 100% gone, I dont know if it will ever be but it's MUCH better than when I started all of this. I honestly think my body is still getting healthy, it's still healing. Sometimes I feel like I got acne for a reason though, it has turned me into a very healthy person. I FEEL so much better. Becoming acne free is NOT going to happen in a short time...it's a process, you body needs to heal. I have leaned to be patient through this experience.

That's about it folks!!!

In conclusinon.... the best advice I can give is STOP STRESSING. Stress is terrible, it's so unhealthy. If you cant stop stressing, try a supplement called L-Theanine it calms me down smile.png. Do your research and try to find what works best FOR YOU, but dont over do it.

Anyway, I hope this helps some people smile.png. This place helped me a lot when I was going through some terrible times. Good luck to you all, you are all beautiful inside and out and you deserve to be happy, REMEMBER THAT!

Tdot

Very great post and alot of useful information but hey what did you take for the colon cleanse?

Hahaha OMG that was SO many years ago. I forget what the company was called, I ordered the colon cleansing kit online and I followed a strict diet. I remember having to go number 2 A LOT lol. I think it was called Colonics or something like that.

I also did parasite cleanses.... they make you feel weird too. But I like to do a parasite cleanse once a year, just in case haha!

I forgot to add in my list of supplements that I take:

-Evening Primrose

-Vitex

-Calcium

-Vit D3

-B-100

-Vit C

-Zinc

-Resveratol

-Probiotics

-Digestive enzymes with my meals

-Coconut oil with meals

Things I take when I feel I need them:

-Once in a while I take L-Glutamine, helps with building your immune system and help repair tissues.

-If I get really sick with a cold or flu (which doesnt happen too often) I take oregano oil, that stuff is AMAZING, it kills anything haha. I got strep throat a few years ago and my doctor told me that if I didnt get on a course of antibiotics I wouldnt do so well and the infection could spread. Id idnt want to be on conventional antibiotics though, so I decided to take oregano oil.... it worked better and fater than the conventional antibiotics.... awesome stuff!!

-L-theanine, it's kind of a mood enhancer it helps me if I'm stressed or anxious.

I'm glad you had good luck with vitex. I took that stuff years ago, my face exploded and I felt really sick and hormonal (like the worst pms ever). It really messed up my hormones bad, but they were messed up to begin with, so...

Oregano oil is the best thing ever.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant

I'm glad you had good luck with vitex. I took that stuff years ago, my face exploded and I felt really sick and hormonal (like the worst pms ever). It really messed up my hormones bad, but they were messed up to begin with, so...

Oregano oil is the best thing ever.

OMG that sucks!! Sorry to hear that :(... I had similar experiences with other hormonal supplements that I tried. Yes I think you kind of have to "diagnose" what your homrone problem is before you take anythin. I needed help balancing both estrogen and progestrone so that's why I took both Evening Primrose and Vitex. I find if I miss a does of VItex I start to breakout around my mouth and jawline.

If I ever get pregnant... it will be interesting to see what will happen with my skin... because I'll have to quit taking the hormone balancing supplements hhahha.... ugh.

That's about it folks!!!

Tdot

Hey,

I am glad your better now:)

So you use baking soda or powder for your hair shampoo? I never tried that. Does it help with dandruff? I have severe dandruff. I haven't found a shampoo that is good for my scalp and hair. I was thinking of making my own..

I was wondering why you put those oils under your eyes? any particular reason?

I might actually try the lemon juice cleanser! I want to go natural and drop my current cleanser.

That's about it folks!!!

Tdot

Hey,

I am glad your better now:)

So you use baking soda or powder for your hair shampoo? I never tried that. Does it help with dandruff? I have severe dandruff. I haven't found a shampoo that is good for my scalp and hair. I was thinking of making my own..

I was wondering why you put those oils under your eyes? any particular reason?

I might actually try the lemon juice cleanser! I want to go natural and drop my current cleanser.

Oooh hahah the oils are totally a girly thing... or an anti-aging thing I guess.... to prevent wrinkles. The skin around the eyes is so thin, I just like to give it a bit more moisture.

I am not sure if the baking soda helps with dandruff. I did read something about using baking soda as shampoo and then using an apple cider vinegar rinse as conditioner to help with dandruff. You could try that!!

Trust me the lemon juice is amazing!! I've treid liek every natural cleanser out there and this beats all of them by a long shot! Just make sure you remember that you need to dilute it to your skin's "taste"... My skin may be more sensitive than yours so you minght be able to use more lemon juice... or the other way around... it depends on how your skin reacts to it. I cant use it twice a day because it's too irritating, and I just find I dont ned to moisturize if I dont wash my face in the morning with it (just water).

tdot, glad your doin good babe :) Not too long ago I remember you on here crying depressed over your skin and boyfriend. Did ya get rid of both? lol. But glad to hear things are good for you, I found the same thing for me the more natural the better the results. Lemon Juice is the shit but I squeeze it right from the lemon. Much stronger then man made lemon juice.