Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlitskies

Difference Between Green Tea And Peppermint Tea?

Hello smile.png

So, I've come to the conclusion that my acne is mainly hormonal, and I've heard that tea can effect hormones. However, I'm scared to start drinking a lot of tea, because I don't know if it will just make things worse, or better.

I tried drinking green tea a lot consistently awhile back, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out sad.png But, I've heard that peppermint tea works a bit differently and can have really good effects.

I break out really bad the whole week before my period, and then it clears up during my period - my period is also pretty random at times and usually runs a lot later than most women - I also have a small chest (although I'm not sure that matters), so anyways I think I'm high in testosterone, but I can't say for sure. Supposedly peppermint tea suppresses androgens so that's why I'm thinking it might be good for me. But I don't want it to just screw up my already crazy balance of hormones and make things worse...so, what do you guys think I should do? Also, I'm not going to get hormone tested because...it's just a lot of work :P

So, has anyone seen any positive benefits from peppermint/spearmint tea? Also, I couldn't figure out which hormones green tea effects, so hopefully it's different ones then peppermint tea because green tea didn't work for me!

Thanks so much for all your support everyone smile.png This site is a huge blessing to acne sufferers wub.png