Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyc123

Results So Far (2 Months In)

ok so im aproaching the end of my 2nd month on accutane. i started with id say mild facial acne(4-5 pimples at one given time) but my back was waaay worse. So far my back is clearing up so good its like 85% better but my face isnt getting the same effect. My face is alittle better id say but i wish it would get the same results as my back. im on 80 mgs right now..do i still have hope for my face to clear too in the coming months of taking it?

I'd say you still have plenty of hope for your face to clear up. Just from reading around this forum and other sites I've discovered that many people don't see results until the second half of their course, sometimes not until the last couple weeks. My dermatologist also said she didn't expect me to see any solid results until around my third month. I also have really bad back acne and shoulder acne. I'm only a month into my accutane treatment (80mg for me as well) and so far I've also only seen results on my back and shoulders, and not much change in my face. So maybe that's just the way accutane works? At least now I know I'm not alone haha.

when I started I could slightly see the effect taking in... but it stopped... Im on my third month and my acne is still bad..... :(