Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im new to the regimen and I was wondering if it was okay to do the morning routine twice a day? I have school during the day and a lot of stuff going on at night and I tend to run and exercise a few hours before bed. Once I am done I am sweaty and feel gross. Is it okay to shower and apply to cleanser in the shower and do the same thing I do in the morning before I go to bed as well?

Also as I side note I was wondering why my skin wasn't as flakey as others? I have very sensitive skin which tends to be dry and I have been on the regimen for about a week now and have experienced almost no flaking. Is it going to come?

My final question is will my red spots clear up with just the regimen after my acne is gone? Or do I need to use AHA+ I've heard that helps

Thanks guys I know this is a lot to ask and I appreciate it if someone can help me out.

you can absolutely shower twice a day and do the regimen. most people shower once a day, so that's why it says at the sink. i shower twice a day too, and it makes it a lot easier than trying to wash at the sink and getting water everywhere =P

the dryness should definitely come. i can't remember exactly how dry my skin was in the beginning, but i remember not doing it as slowly as i should because i didn't have irritation. but be patient. don't hope for those flakes =P they suck! work your way up slowly and let your skin adjust. maybe you'll be lucky and your skin will tolerate it without too much peeling. =)

and the red marks will definitely fade. unless you are a picker... those can linger for a long time. i tend to get hyperpigmentation but always pop my zits... so it's my own fault. but i will say i do not use AHA on my face as it burns my face off (it might burn you too since you're sensitive) and my marks faded on their own. i do have a couple small marks from really digging the shit out of my skin with a needle. yea i have it bad. but those have faded drastically on their own without any chemical help.

good luck!

Thank you so much that helped a lot. And I really hope the dryness won't come I was using a treatment that had quite a bit of benzoyl peroxide before this so my skin was already somewhat used to it. I don't know if that helped at all or what. I used to use a different AHA on my face when I was on my last treatment and it seemed to help a little but it didn't hurt my skin any so once I hit the once month point on the regimen I will definitely start using that. I am not that bad of a picker so my red marks should clear up quite nicely:)

Thanks a lot for your help.

just be careful, i thought my face was used to BP too because i have used it since i was 12, i'm 25 now. and i have to say i think dan's BP is the strongest BP i've ever used, even though it's only 2.5%. i started with the full amount right away and i struggled with dry skin the whole entire time.

Thanks for letting me know I started slow even though I thought my face might be used to it. I figured its best to just do exactly as he says to. I do have some dryness if i rub my eyes my skin peels a little but you can't see it before I touch it and it doesn't feel dry at all.