Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 22 years old. I just moved to NYC to live with my aunt. Right now I have some mild seborrheic dermatitis around my nose and my chin is a little red. I also have some red marks from obviously previous acne. My 20 year old cousin comes home from college next week and hes going to want to go out and have fun and do things. My issue is that im so bummed about my skin that I cant even get a job right now. Its going to be embarassing for me to go out with him and his friends and for me to have shitty skin at 22 years old. I would want idealy to act as the bigger guy in the group seeing as im 2 years older with more life experience, but im just so self consious about my skin. It fuckin sucks. I know i just cant sit in the apartment all the time. Right now I go out by myself into central park and riverside park. Ive gotten into photography since ive been here, so I have that. But just going out and being social is really hard. Any tips? I know people say "dont worry about your skin blah blah blah" but its super difficult because my skin was fucking 100% clear for over a year 3 months ago.

I know this is difficult but you MUST be confident in yourself :)

Going out in public it a dreaded thing for us acne sufferers. We constantly worry what other people will say, think, etc. Well, from experience, I know now that isn't something that should be worried about.

I've had acne since I was 11 years old. The truth is that you can't worry about people's opinions. Acne is more known about these days. Therefore, a lot of people wont make such a big deal about a person who happens to have acne. The people who DO judge people who have acne, are immature and not even worth the time of day.

Don't let acne control you. Go out, have fun, have a good time. I've known people who had HORRIBLE acne but that didn't stop them from making friends, hanging out, going out and living life.

When you're out, don't even THINK about your acne. Just go out and focus on the fun you're about to have. It might take time to adjust to. Good luck :)

I know this is difficult but you MUST be confident in yourself smile.png

Going out in public it a dreaded thing for us acne sufferers. We constantly worry what other people will say, think, etc. Well, from experience, I know now that isn't something that should be worried about.

I've had acne since I was 11 years old. The truth is that you can't worry about people's opinions. Acne is more known about these days. Therefore, a lot of people wont make such a big deal about a person who happens to have acne. The people who DO judge people who have acne, are immature and not even worth the time of day.

Don't let acne control you. Go out, have fun, have a good time. I've known people who had HORRIBLE acne but that didn't stop them from making friends, hanging out, going out and living life.

When you're out, don't even THINK about your acne. Just go out and focus on the fun you're about to have. It might take time to adjust to. Good luck smile.png

i agree with this advice! I know how hard it is to have fun when you have acne and go out with friends. I've cancelled so many times because I can't face going out and I feel so insecure about my skin. But whenever I do end up going out, I always feel a little better than I would at home staring in the mirror at my horrible skin!

Been there done that. Im supposed to go on holiday in a few weeks an am dreading it , DREADING, but I dont wanna cancel that would be like letting acne win. Feck you, acne .