Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WantThisAcneGone

I Believe I've Found A Regimen That Works For Me. So Happy!

It's been awhile since I've been on here! But I come with great news :)

I believe I found a regimen that works fairly well for me. I've been using this regimen for about 1 1/2 months and I can see a dramatic change for sure.

I've also cleaned up my diet some; watch what I eat. I don't drink pop anymore, only water! (except for a monster sometimes, I love those. teehee).

For my regimen, I use two things: Clean & Clear foaming facial cleanser and Witch Hazel. (2-3 times a week I also use St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead control).

In the morning, I wash my face with the Clean & Clear, GENTLY! I then pat my face dry, GENTLY. Then, I pour a bit of Witch Hazel into a cotton ball/balled up toilet paper and I dab it against my whole face.

At night before going to sleep I just splash my face with some cool/warm water a couple times; then I pat my face dry. Then, I apply the Witch Hazel. IF I had worn makeup that day, I do exactly what I did in the morning.

Now, I do still get SOME acne, but nowhere like I used to. Before, I'd always get big, cystic like acne, very painful. Now, I mostly get small zits that come to a head easily, and go away within a few days. There have been a few times where I could feel what felt like a cystic zit trying to come to the surface of my skin, but it never came to. So, I do still get acne, but very little.

My face isn't flaming red anymore, since I'm oh so gentle with it now. Of course, I still have marks on my face from acne but those will fade in time.

Now I'm not saying that this regimen is my definite cure. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting some break outs in the future, maybe even some cystic acne. But, it's improved my skin by a lot! I'm happy.

2mgpon6.jpg

25am914.jpg

16ldzk0.jpg

My chin is a bit dry for some odd reason lol sorry!

2n66o7q.jpg

Kinda look like crap :P baha.

This is my skin now. Compare that to some of the pics I have in my gallery from my skin before!

Now, I know you're probably wondering about the Witch Hazel. My mom had recommended it to me because her husband used to use it on his face for his acne and it worked for him. My mom said it helps draw out the oils, but I'm not sure if it truly does. All I know is that it helps along with the Clean & Clear.

Well, this is my regimen. I hope it gives ya'll some hope that eventually you will find something that will help you! I've had acne ever since I was 11, and I'm 19 now. Don't ever give up hope. Ever.

Oops I just realized I was supposed to post this in the personal regimen section. Sorry!

Glad you've found something that works for you!

Just goes to show that acne treatment can be very individualistic! What works for some may not work for others. I just say this because in the past I've used these exact products but they weren't for me. Except for the witch hazel, which I don't mind but am a little weary of because of the alcohol in it. I found the cleanser drying for me and the st. ives scrub too harsh on me skin.

But, again, glad to hear this is working for you! And I mean it - everyone on this site understands how horrible it is to deal with acne, for a number of reasons, so I'm genuinely happy when I hear there is someone whose skin is clearing or has cleared up! It also gives me hope that I'll get rid of this acne someday! :)