Notifications
Clear all

Different Types/causes Of Acne

MemberMember
(@scorpio500)

Posted : 05/02/2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

Just had a question for everyone... I'm experiencing breakouts that were different from the ones I had before, and becoming more frequent. I didn't really start having acne until about a year ago at 23 years old, which was very mild but became more moderate over the past few months. I've gone through a lot of changes since then with my diet, supplements, etc and still have not completely found out the cause. There is a lot of talk about Candida, hormones, diet, allergies, and many other causes for acne. Obviously one of the best ways to find out the answer is visiting a doctor or naturopath... but my health insurance will not start for another few weeks. I'm very impatient!

So, has anyone noticed different types/areas of acne in correlation to certain causes like allergens in the diet, stress, Candida? (We all know that chin/jaw acne is related to hormonal imbalance, but I'm curious about the type of acne experienced in other cases.) If you are now clear from previous acne from Candida, bad diet, stress, diet allergens, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, a specific hormonal imbalance (high estrogen, low testosterone, etc) - what type of acne did you get? what was the location, the size, the redness? how frequent? and what supplements/diet/medication finally helped, if any?

Everyone is different obviously, but I'd like to see different responses just to see what people are saying. Right now I'm pretty much the only person I know experiencing bad breakouts so it'd be nice to get some feedback!

I personally notice that I'm getting a lot of redness on and off, along with whiteheads, especially on my right cheek. My jaw has a lot of clogged pores and small pimples, and my forehead is almost completely covered in tiny flesh colored comedones. My left cheek most reflects what my skin used to look like it when it was clear, and is never red, just gets the occasional bumps usually around that time of the month that heal somewhat quickly.

I take:

OptiZinc - 30mg zinc, 20mg vitamin b-6

evening primrose oil - 1300mg x 2 daily

PB8 probiotics - (14 billion strains bacteria) 2 x daily

vitamin C - 1000 mg

digestive enzymes - 2-3 x daily

Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/03/2012 7:33 am

My jawline acne was due to a food intolerance. And I figured it out from someone with the same intolerance but she only broke out on her chin.

MemberMember
(@caterpillargirl)

Posted : 07/20/2012 11:33 pm

What was the food intolerance?

MemberMember
(@fplix)

Posted : 07/21/2012 3:54 am

Always anything indirectly or directly from cow's milk. Dairy. Lots of soda too. Cola. Cake. Cookies. Things like that.

MemberMember
(@caterpillargirl)

Posted : 07/21/2012 2:38 pm

Always anything indirectly or directly from cow's milk. Dairy. Lots of soda too. Cola. Cake. Cookies. Things like that.

I've already eliminated sugar from my diet for about 2-3 years (I cheat maybe once a month) I've eliminated most wheat/gluten from my diet ( did 4 months gluten free first) and the dairy seemed to follow behind (seems I eat my dairy with wheat) I still feel like there is a dietary component that I might be missing. I went back to yogurt when I realized it wasn't the dairy. I also have chronic headaches (lots of inflammation symptoms here) so I was curious if there is something else I'm missing. thanks for the info

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/22/2012 4:33 pm

What was the food intolerance?

Most Citrus.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 07/22/2012 4:50 pm

I've already eliminated sugar from my diet for about 2-3 years (I cheat maybe once a month) I've eliminated most wheat/gluten from my diet ( did 4 months gluten free first) and the dairy seemed to follow behind (seems I eat my dairy with wheat) I still feel like there is a dietary component that I might be missing. I went back to yogurt when I realized it wasn't the dairy. I also have chronic headaches (lots of inflammation symptoms here) so I was curious if there is something else I'm missing. thanks for the info

So are you clear now?

MemberMember
(@caterpillargirl)

Posted : 07/22/2012 5:48 pm

I've gotten my face mostly clear. I only have an occasional pimple. Blackheads... I can't seem to get rid of.

I was clear enough to start rolling for scars (another post- I started to document my results) I still have some issues on my shoulders- so I'd be happy to find any other dietary component. I know it is partially hormonal.

Other changes I have made- the acne.org regimen until cleared up some, then CPs with exfoliants (Skin Biology's website trial pack for scarring) actually improves my acne more than benzoyl peroxide now, emu oil for moisturizing (which I don't need since the CPs) I still use the acne.org face wash- it is pretty mild on my sensitive skin.

Supplements are omegas through chia seed and occasionally fish oil, vitamin d3, magnesium, iron, cranberry, vitamin c 1000m from emergen-c, folate (when my doc gives me sample bottles- they are prescription strength), a probiotic, daily multi and I eat as much raw food as possible.

So Yay! Now I just have to deal with the scars.... which are bad :/

MemberMember
(@caterpillargirl)

Posted : 07/22/2012 7:12 pm

I don't know if this is helpful but I've read a few sources that jawline acne is a result of digestive issues (constipation) It makes me wonder how much acne in general is an overflow of toxins in general.

Hi,

Just had a question for everyone... I'm experiencing breakouts that were different from the ones I had before, and becoming more frequent. I didn't really start having acne until about a year ago at 23 years old, which was very mild but became more moderate over the past few months. I've gone through a lot of changes since then with my diet, supplements, etc and still have not completely found out the cause. There is a lot of talk about Candida, hormones, diet, allergies, and many other causes for acne. Obviously one of the best ways to find out the answer is visiting a doctor or naturopath... but my health insurance will not start for another few weeks. I'm very impatient!

So, has anyone noticed different types/areas of acne in correlation to certain causes like allergens in the diet, stress, Candida? (We all know that chin/jaw acne is related to hormonal imbalance, but I'm curious about the type of acne experienced in other cases.) If you are now clear from previous acne from Candida, bad diet, stress, diet allergens, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, a specific hormonal imbalance (high estrogen, low testosterone, etc) - what type of acne did you get? what was the location, the size, the redness? how frequent? and what supplements/diet/medication finally helped, if any?

Everyone is different obviously, but I'd like to see different responses just to see what people are saying. Right now I'm pretty much the only person I know experiencing bad breakouts so it'd be nice to get some feedback!

I personally notice that I'm getting a lot of redness on and off, along with whiteheads, especially on my right cheek. My jaw has a lot of clogged pores and small pimples, and my forehead is almost completely covered in tiny flesh colored comedones. My left cheek most reflects what my skin used to look like it when it was clear, and is never red, just gets the occasional bumps usually around that time of the month that heal somewhat quickly.

I take:

OptiZinc - 30mg zinc, 20mg vitamin b-6

evening primrose oil - 1300mg x 2 daily

PB8 probiotics - (14 billion strains bacteria) 2 x daily

vitamin C - 1000 mg

digestive enzymes - 2-3 x daily

Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks! smile.png

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/22/2012 7:35 pm

I don't know if this is helpful but I've read a few sources that jawline acne is a result of digestive issues (constipation) It makes me wonder how much acne in general is an overflow of toxins in general.

my jawline cysts were a food intolerance,

MemberMember
(@caterpillargirl)

Posted : 07/22/2012 8:27 pm

Its good you found your source, I think everyone is different, that is what makes it so difficult... there is *one* answer for every person. I sure wish there was. I would prefer an easy answer over the constant trial and error

MemberMember
(@jordeyy)

Posted : 10/03/2012 12:56 pm

me personally, i get large inflamed cysts, with no head, when i get stressed. usually 1-4 depending on the level of stress (whether its chronic or not). theyre usually on either side of my nose, cheeks and chin, never on my forehead or jawline. i tend to have closed comedones regardless of what i do. most other spots just seem random