Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently taking vitamins C tablets with 15mg of zinc (100% RDA) I have a lot of redmarks and i've been told that it helps with reducing the redness. Has anyone seen any results to prove this true?

I'm not sure about hyperpigmentation, but I know that zinc is supposed to be good against pimples but at significantly higher doses (60mg-90mg elemental zinc a day). Acne sufferers often have zinc deficiencies (as well as vitamin A deficiency). Based on that, I wouldn't expect results from such a low dose.

I can find sources to support all this but feeling lazy right now = 0

I have been taking zinc (300mg Zinc gluconate for one month, and now like 450mg Zinc methionine)--so initially about 30mg/day elemental, and now like 90mg/day. I have to say that I have not been that impressed w/ the results = / but it hasn't been two months yet and most studies showed improvements at about 8 weeks, so I'm hopeful.

Topical, not oral Nicotinamide is supposed to be good for hyperpigmentation though. There are these expensive Niapads that deliver the nicotinamide to your skin. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16029679)

Edited by NewBrigade