Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently taking oxytetracycline and have so for almost 2 months now. 2 tablets in the morning and 2 in the evening, so in total 1000mg per day as prescribed by my GP. On top of that i'm using Differin Gel as a topical spot treatment. I was wondering if anyone out there has taken this oral medication and seen any results because for me i'm seeing slow and not much improvement. My course lasts for 3 months and I have about 1 month left with no noticeable change.

Did oxytetracycline and differin and duac treatment for a few months and it made no difference.

Complete the course, then get a new antibiotic. Try trimethoprim, cleared me up in 2 weeks but then I started getting an allergic reaction (rash) and had to stop. Rash went within about 48 hours but a few days later acne came back.

I've gone through many antibiotics up 'the scale' to the last thing before roaccutane. Tried numerous topical treatments. I've looked into 'holistic' approaches too, but living off just vegetables juices isn't something I want to do... So, as soon as it's delivered, I'm starting the regimen by the book and dropping everything else.

I'm on my last 3 weeks for oxytetracycline and will be going back to my GP in a few weeks time. I don't know what my doctor is gonna prescribe next, but anything is better than the stuff i'm using now i guess.

I took that stuff. It was crap. Made me wonder if it was even real

Because I saw no change one way or another.

I had no luck with it, but my Dr told me that people tend to only respond to one of the antibiotic types, she told me there were 2 common ones, ending in cycline, or mycine. So possibly ask for one in the second family after.