Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paigems

Electrolysis For Oily Skin?

I've seen it mentioned before in a few places (can't remember exactly where) that electrolysis may be able to kill the sebaceous glands along with the hair follicle. I was reading reviews of electrolysis on a website called realself tonight, and one of the reviewers said she had it done on her face and no longer has oily skin. That sounds like a miracle to me, and I would definitely be willing to pay a large amount of money for electrolysis on my face if that was the case. Has anyone else heard of this? It's not what electrolysis is typically used for, so I'm not sure you could convince an electrologist to do it for this reason, but it sounds really cool. It gives hope for the future :D

Haven't heard of this being done for oily skin, but it sounds interesting though. Not sure if I would do this unless I found a lot of people getting good results and it didn't mess up anyones skin. But thanks for the post, I will have to look this up!

http://sebaceousprominence.forumotion.net/t482p1-possible-permanent-no-bs-cure-selective-photothermolysis-of-sebaceous-glands

I went to do electrolysis.

Been doing it for 2 years now. Yes it works and 80-90% of all the hairs are gone....HOWEVER (and now listen well):

If the hair gets killed, just smooth skin remains with no gland and no hair....BUT(!) after 6 months or so....Slowly a sebaceous bump appears where once a thick hair was....Now the sebaceous bump has a tiny micro hair.

ALL the places where I had thick black hairs removed, sebaceous prominence came to replace them.

So I started researching this shit and with my medical background I have the solution for sure....

What happens with electrolysis is that a large part of the follicle gets destroyed and also the sebaceous gland.

That is why after treatment I have smooth skin for months.

BUT there will always be left-over cells....cells which belonged to the follicle dermal sheath (the outside of the follicle).

even if just 0.1% of the cells is left they will rapidly start a healing procedure....Completely rebuilding a follicular structure WITH a hair and WITH a sebaceous gland.

The follicles will recreate in their original form as the stemcells hold information about the original form. So I won't get thick black hairs, but sebaceous bumps with tiny micro hairs, just like in the beginning of puberty.

So here is the freaking problem....It is the remarkable and irritating power of follicular cells to recreate a complete follicular unit which contains a sebaceous gland.

The irritating thing is, we can fuck up our skin and scar it like hell and it won't ever get back to normal....but fucking up the inside doesn't matter as these bastard cells have endless healing power. What the fuck's up with that!?

So there is in my opinion only ONE solution....Which is removing the COMPLETE follicular unit. That means the dermal papilla (bottom), the bulge cells, the complete dermal sheath and the sebaceous gland. without the follicular cells the surrounding skin will heal the wound as normal skin without a follicle....

However, and here is the danger: excising the gland (for example with micropunch as the German Doctor) and leaving a small part of the follicle inside (for example with longer hairs which go further away from the gland) the bastards will come back.

So a Doctor would need to use surgical magnification, look at the length of the micro hair, then estimate where the follicle bottom is and take out all that skin. Which Doctor would do that is the question....

I immediately understood why the assistant of the German Doctor said: 'Some people have reappearance of the glands"

Those people are like me....they have hairs coming out of the gland which are slightly too long so they don't have the bottom IN the gland and, thus, the remaining cells will recreate the sebaceous gland.

Believe me guys, this shit is a fucking disaster. Such bad luck we have such a powerfull and persistent problem.

The only real possible treatment would be a professional electrologist with surgical magnification killing even the smallest of hairs in the bumps (so small you cannot see them with the naked eye).

Or like I said, completely cutting out the follicular unit.

Sounds pretty difficult.

Yeah, I actually don't think electrolysis would be the way to go. Treating one pore at a times seems quite difficult. Something like high dose pdt seems like the better way to go. People are saying that high dose pdt can actually permanently destroy sebaceous glands, however, I am not sure how accurate that actually is.

http://sebaceousprominence.forumotion.net/t482p1-possible-permanent-no-bs-cure-selective-photothermolysis-of-sebaceous-glands

I went to do electrolysis.

Been doing it for 2 years now. Yes it works and 80-90% of all the hairs are gone....HOWEVER (and now listen well):

If the hair gets killed, just smooth skin remains with no gland and no hair....BUT(!) after 6 months or so....Slowly a sebaceous bump appears where once a thick hair was....Now the sebaceous bump has a tiny micro hair.

ALL the places where I had thick black hairs removed, sebaceous prominence came to replace them.

So I started researching this shit and with my medical background I have the solution for sure....

What happens with electrolysis is that a large part of the follicle gets destroyed and also the sebaceous gland.

That is why after treatment I have smooth skin for months.

BUT there will always be left-over cells....cells which belonged to the follicle dermal sheath (the outside of the follicle).

even if just 0.1% of the cells is left they will rapidly start a healing procedure....Completely rebuilding a follicular structure WITH a hair and WITH a sebaceous gland.

The follicles will recreate in their original form as the stemcells hold information about the original form. So I won't get thick black hairs, but sebaceous bumps with tiny micro hairs, just like in the beginning of puberty.

So here is the freaking problem....It is the remarkable and irritating power of follicular cells to recreate a complete follicular unit which contains a sebaceous gland.

The irritating thing is, we can fuck up our skin and scar it like hell and it won't ever get back to normal....but fucking up the inside doesn't matter as these bastard cells have endless healing power. What the fuck's up with that!?

So there is in my opinion only ONE solution....Which is removing the COMPLETE follicular unit. That means the dermal papilla (bottom), the bulge cells, the complete dermal sheath and the sebaceous gland. without the follicular cells the surrounding skin will heal the wound as normal skin without a follicle....

However, and here is the danger: excising the gland (for example with micropunch as the German Doctor) and leaving a small part of the follicle inside (for example with longer hairs which go further away from the gland) the bastards will come back.

So a Doctor would need to use surgical magnification, look at the length of the micro hair, then estimate where the follicle bottom is and take out all that skin. Which Doctor would do that is the question....

I immediately understood why the assistant of the German Doctor said: 'Some people have reappearance of the glands"

Those people are like me....they have hairs coming out of the gland which are slightly too long so they don't have the bottom IN the gland and, thus, the remaining cells will recreate the sebaceous gland.

Believe me guys, this shit is a fucking disaster. Such bad luck we have such a powerfull and persistent problem.

The only real possible treatment would be a professional electrologist with surgical magnification killing even the smallest of hairs in the bumps (so small you cannot see them with the naked eye).

Or like I said, completely cutting out the follicular unit.

Sounds pretty difficult.

Hi, this post has been years back. But you seem very knowledgeable about electrolysis. i need advice from you as i recently did something similar to you what mentioned earlier, this is the link to it http://idnps.com/trends/special-report/agnes-reduces-recurrence-of-acne-by-selective-destruction-of-sebaceous-glands-%E2%85%A1/ . I really need to know if there are chances of my oil glands growing back as after just 1 treatment, i have extreme dry skin on the area treated. I am depressed, crying every night, hoping that in the years to come it will grow back, even it it is half the pores the doctor has treated. I am also doing acupuncture to stimulate healing. It gave me a little hope that just 0.1% of the cells it can rebuilding a follicular structure WITH a hair and WITH a sebaceous gland. I really need your input ! And also because i have very sensitive skin, 1 treatment was enough to have huge impact on my oil glands. The dryness also play a part in making my face red that's why i really need advice. I don't mind waiting for the oil glands to grow back, as long as there are little chances. Will appreciate if you could reply me !