Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking into taking probiotics to improve my digestive system and bowel movements, I heard inner health plus is a good brand ( it's from Australia) Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with probiotics?

If you take a probiotic, psyllium husk fiber pills, and drink a ton of water every day, that should help your digestion significantly.

If you take a probiotic, psyllium husk fiber pills, and drink a ton of water every day, that should help your digestion significantly.

So if i take a probiotic I should also take a psyllium husk fiber pill? Would both of these help to cleanse the colon?

Some people take probiotics and they make them break out. Others can take them and be fine. No doubt that probiotics are great for the body, I think the reason some of us break out when taking them is because we have leaky gut going on. The bacteria in the probiotics enters the bloodstream through the holes in the gut and creates an immune response resulting in acne. Another reason could be them killing off too much bad bacteria in the stomach at once. Give them a try and see how you feel and how your skin reacts. If it reacts poorly focus on healing your gut and an anti candida/gaps or paleo diet to help kill off the bad bacteria.

Some people take probiotics and they make them break out. Others can take them and be fine. No doubt that probiotics are great for the body, I think the reason some of us break out when taking them is because we have leaky gut going on. The bacteria in the probiotics enters the bloodstream through the holes in the gut and creates an immune response resulting in acne. Another reason could be them killing off too much bad bacteria in the stomach at once. Give them a try and see how you feel and how your skin reacts. If it reacts poorly focus on healing your gut and an anti candida/gaps or paleo diet to help kill off the bad bacteria.

I asked my family doctor today and he suggested me to take the psyllium husk fiber pills first for about a week to get all the toxins out, then start taking the probiotics after a week. What do you think about this?

Yeah that makes sense for sure. You want your digestive system to be moving so that you are eliminating as many toxins as possible and they aren't staying in your system. From what I've read you might want to try anti fungal/anti bacterial natural remedies and then move on to probiotics. Reason being that if you just start with the probiotcs they will just be fighting the other bacteria and not really colonizing in your gut which you want them to. If you do anti fungals/anti bacterials they kill a lot of the bad bacteria and so when you take probiotics they have a better chance to colonize. Really great natural ones are: oil of oregano, coconut oil, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract.. etc. Also make sure you are avoiding added sugar or anything with a really high sugar content because that is what bacteria and yeast thrive on.