Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LifeisModernRubbish

Almost At The 3 Month Mark...still Ib?

May 16th will be the 3 month mark of using Epiduo. I've had a HORRIBLE initial breakout and it seems to still be going at full strength, my skin has never been as bad as it has since starting Epiduo. Am I experiencing a bad initial breakout? Or is it not working? It's so tempting to give up, my next course of action will be accutane, but I want to make sure I'm not losing hope prematurely.

The product must being working if you breakout at first. Your skin is just reacting to the new medicine, i would stick to the Epiduo and it should get better.

hey..

same here.. i am at week 13 of differin.. and although i don't have inflammatory breakouts with the exception of few bumps getting irritated. anyways, i still have a bunch of big/small bumps all over.. same as you?

i feel like 3 months in there should no longer be any breakouts...

I agree. I am on 3 months on tretinoin and i am breaking out in the same areas. It sucks but know that for some folks, it can take up to 6 month to see improvement. However, if your breakouts are horrendous and you are scarring and not experiencing any clearing then you should return to your derm. Acne in itself is bad but the scars can be killer.

Good Luck!