Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoyankeegirlx3

I'm Breaking Out Again...second Treatment Of Accutane?

I went on accutane 4-5 years ago and I have had pretty good skin since. (My dermatologist put me on birth control a few months after accutane from some hormonal breakouts I was having and I've been on it since, and it worked wonders.)

The last few months I always have at least one or two big cystic pimples on my face and some little ones here and there. My BC switched but I was breaking out on the old one too (both yazmin generics, Ocelia to syeda). Topical creams don't do anything for these pimples, prescription or over the counter, all they do is leave a big red dry patch around the pimple. Thus it's actually just easier to let them be..except they're there and bad for at least two weeks, takes three probably to go away completely.

Am I getting to the point of needing accutane a second time? Is it something else hormonal? I've not had any new stress or anything like that. I see my dermatologist Thursday, I'm just looking for some advice now. The worst part is I can't do anything about these pimples...trying to treat them does nothing but leave a red patch and an unchanged pimple.

I went on accutane 4-5 years ago and I have had pretty good skin since. (My dermatologist put me on birth control a few months after accutane from some hormonal breakouts I was having and I've been on it since, and it worked wonders.)

The last few months I always have at least one or two big cystic pimples on my face and some little ones here and there. My BC switched but I was breaking out on the old one too (both yazmin generics, Ocelia to syeda). Topical creams don't do anything for these pimples, prescription or over the counter, all they do is leave a big red dry patch around the pimple. Thus it's actually just easier to let them be..except they're there and bad for at least two weeks, takes three probably to go away completely.

Am I getting to the point of needing accutane a second time? Is it something else hormonal? I've not had any new stress or anything like that. I see my dermatologist Thursday, I'm just looking for some advice now. The worst part is I can't do anything about these pimples...trying to treat them does nothing but leave a red patch and an unchanged pimple.

The reason Yasmin works for acne is because it contains a low dose of spironolactone in addition to the BC. Many women need more spiro to clear. Yaz = about a 15mg of spironolactone. I had to go to 75mg of spiro to clear. I would totally try spiro.