Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started week 4 on the regimen and I am completely and utterly discouraged. Not only has my acne gotten worse since I have started the regimen, but it is the worst it has ever been in my life. I dealt with the dryness and the flakes for the first three weeks, but all I have no is just huge, painful, red, inflamed pimples that are overtaking my left cheek, left jawline, and right chin/jawline area. I know that I just need to stick with it because it has to get worse before it gets better, but it is just so devastating. I would appreciate any support I could get because I'm feeling so very low. :-(

Hey i actually quit doing the regime like you 3 times.... it was too much redness, dryness and breakouts i couldn't stand. What warranted me to give it a go the 4th time was that i was following the regime checklist... if you have already then I'm guessing maybe you are allergic to BP (i believe 10% of users are).. However, everyone has different breaking points on when the regime starts kicking and starts working. Patience was really hard because i wanted to zap the zits and pimples instantly but learned that's the only way to go. Plus you learn patience which is very noble characteristic. Also noticed that stress played huge roll having the right mind set does wonders.

I also gave up on Dan's Regimen - it just didn't work for me after trying it word-for-word for 8 months exactly.

Go to a dermatologist - get on a Retinol Cream or Accutane - the real Acne fighters.

Thank you both for replying to this topic! I guess I should give a little more information, since all I did was write about how bad my skin was (and maybe a little bit of exaggeration). I have used BP previously and I never had a horrible reaction to it, so I don't think I am allergic. Also, I have noticed that the redness has gotten a little less red- it was really red the first 2 weeks but it seems to be improving a lot. I do see some improvement, although it is very slow. I know that I must be patient and wait the full time to expect good results, but I am just so impatient! I want clear skin NOW...but I am determined to stick it through. I just started on week 4 so I am at the stage where I'm very prone to breakouts and in the stage where my skin is not going to be pretty. Like I said, I am very determined to stick it out because what do I have to lose? I can't give up now because then I will never know if it worked for me. I WILL conquer acne...and if it's not Dan's regimen, then I will find something else. But for the time being, I will try the regimen and keep my fingers crossed rolleyes.gif

Hey buddy... Have patience. I have used BP for quite some time and on several occassion I stopped because I was totally cleared and and wanted to go more natural. Breakouts always returned. But every time I went back on BP, the breakouts were worse than previous ones. But things wil get better. I know it sucks, but that's just part of the process when using BP. But you will definitely reach a point when you will be 100% clear. Took me several months- a year each time to reach 100% clarity. Try to do things to keep your mind off your acne. But I assure you that you will be fine. Good luck.

I must say, I am completely amazed at how much my skin has changed in just a week. When I posted this, I had completed three weeks. Now, I have gone through four weeks and I KNOW this is working. My huge pimples have gotten significantly smaller and the redness has gotten a lot less red. My face no longer hurts or itches like it used to, which is such a huge plus. Obviously, I still have red marks and scars but my acne has cleared up A LOT. I'm blown away at how much it has improved in just a week!!! Yesterday hit the one month mark so I am excited to see my skin improve even more in the months to come!

Thank you to those who gave me positive encouragement, it really meant a lot to me that you took the time to comment. Yay for Dan!!

MKgirl, I am restarting the regimen and just about finishing up my second week and I am going through exactly what you were in your first post. Thanks for updating everyone because it's really encouraging! It's difficult right now bc my skin is definitely going through the whole getting worse before it gets better thing, but I'm hopeful it'll get better before too long!

amygims, right now you are at the time where your skin is still getting used the the BP and it'll take some time before it gets used to it. I don't want to jinx anything but I really do feel like my skin will only get better from now on. Keep on sticking to the regimen exactly as it says. The worst thing to do is to stop or to add in another product. I know it will work for you. Take care!

Thanks! Fortunately I actually haven't had too much of a problem with redness/dryness/flaking. My skin's a tad dry/flaky but normally it's pretty oily so it's actually a welcome change. My issue is more all these initial breakouts coming up all at once! Ack! I'm just trying to remind myself that it's worked once before so it will work again given time. I know it'll work for you too. Stay positive! =)