Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LillyMay77

Cyst Left Bump Size Of Normal Pimple

I had a cyst above my lip since last friday, it is no longer active, its purple and a bump, like the title says the size of a "normal" pimple. Would my derm be able to inject this thing its hideous. It looks like a hideous purple mole, above my lip.

Edited by LillyMay77

oh and I might add I was just starting to get use to the hypertropic scar between my eyes, now I have a brand new one, right in time for my birthday. :(

Oh, don't even get me started on scarring!

I had a cyst that was really bad, and I should've gotten it injected, but I didn't until much later. Anyway, it's still there -- almost two years later, but it's not a cyst anymore it's small. I should try to get it injected again, but I don't really feel like it right now.

Let me know how it goes. Maybe sometimes they need to be injected a few times.

Edited by Prettywords

Hey, I saw my derm today and he wouldn't inject either bump, he said it would make them worse. (turn into big craters) Must learn to accept them. The one above my lip is very noticable. :( the one in between my eyes is noticeable too but its skin toned so it doesn't stand out.

Edited by LillyMay77

Its been eighteen days since the beginning of the cyst. Bump is still there, no smaller at all.

that one time happened to me and the bump went away in about a week or two. does it look any better now?

Edited by LillyMay77

The cyst I had lasted about two weeks and then i decided to pop the thing which the scabbed over and then for about two weeks after the scab fell off I had a bump so all together it was basically a month it lasted for. Is yours noticeable? because mine wasn't and I actually forgot it was there until one day I remembered and examined my face and was amazed to see that it was completely gone. But I'm sure yours will go away. Have you been using anything on it? I got this Ambi acne cream and I noticed that my bump was gone after using it for a few days. Not sure if it was the cream that helped or if it was just time.

hey, thanks for not noticing it, its been about three weeks since its conception, hopefully it will leave but I am not banking on it, glad yours went away. I have some ambi, am going to rub that on it. thanks for the suggestion

Edited by LillyMay77

I'm almost positive it will go away. I've had stuff before that have lasted for ever and I thought it never would go away and it always does. Like the first time I got a cyst! Omg that thing was gigantic! I had no idea what a cyst even was and just thought that it was a regular humongous pimple. Well this was back in the day when I almost never got a pimple so I just figured it would go away so I left it be. Well that thing was there forever!!! I finally popped it one night after trying hours to do so and even after I popped it, it was still there just not as bad as it originally was. So like you, I just figured that this thing would be there the rest of my life. But of course, it went completely away, but this lasted from like mid september to like later november. So over two months. This was like 3 years ago so now whenever I get a cyst (which is not often thank god! I think I may have only had 2 or 3 real cystic pimples(i consider any stubborn pimple that doesn't form a whitehead a cyst) I bug out and get so depressed and spend hours trying to pop it. So I know exactly how you're feeling. ANd it sucks because I'm 24 and almost all my friends have flawless skin, and although I don't get a lot of pimples anymore, I still do at times. But anyways, sorry for rambling on, i just know how you feel, but to make my point, you've only had your bump for 3 weeks, and your skin is still healing, so just give it time. BTW, from the picture you had up before, your skin looks great!

I know it sucks so bad because everyone I know has perfect skin and I am always breaking out. You are still so young you are sure to grow out of it. I had this cyst thing on my chin and it left a bump, my derm injected it though after it left that bump but it still took two months to go away, so I have no idea if this thing will go away or not, because he didn't inject it. It really bothers me. Thanks for the sweet compliment about my skin. You are too kind.

Edited by LillyMay77

this bump looks better everyday, its been over a month and its almost gone still a purply color but not noticeable.